Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
It does still seem to be available in a few places -

LOCTITE|525382|LUBRICANT, ANTI-SEIZE, STICK, | Farnell United Kingdom

and also here as well, but shipping is as much as the product itself -
Buy XM Alumnium Anti seize stick 8060 New Products at Marine Megastore 15% off orders over £300!*

Or as notsmellyanymore has already suggested -
Cromwell Industrial Tools UK: Loctite : 20gm 8060 ALUMINIUM ANTISEIZE STICK : LOC-725-8060K

But if it really is not being manufactured anymore, as this link suggests -
Buck & Hickman - LOCTITE 8060 ALUM. ANTI SEIZE STICK 20G

So get one while you can!!

I estimate that one of these anti-seize sticks has at least 100 applications. You really only need a tiny amount (about the size of a drop) applied to the main male thread, and then worked into them both by screwing and unscrewing the top and the bottom; and there will still be excess compound left to wipe off with a soft cloth.

I am assuming the application of anti-seize compound should be carried out about every week or 2.

And so I need to be alarmist and say, if lubricant isn't applied to the main threads of the Silver Bullet, it will eventually seize....

Just Lube that Tube !!

silverscot

Oct 21, 2009
Care and maintenance for your Silver Bullet

it will get annoying when you keep chasing those pesky smudges. It is also okay to use a buffing wheel. Use a loose sisal with green compound, if you do not know what that means, you should not be buffing your SB :)

i was thinking of buffing mine with Pink Menzerna and loose G mop finished with Belgom Alu - i'll post how it looks with a super-fine finish. only worry is the upkeep!:)

silver

silverscot

Oct 21, 2009
i was thinking of buffing mine with Pink Menzerna and loose G mop finished with Belgom Alu - i'll post how it looks with a super-fine finish. only worry is the upkeep!:)

silver

I did and it spectacular - for those who don't know Pink Menzerna is an ultra-fine finishing compound for aluminium - it gives a very high gloss mirror. The belgom helps to seal it with a wax dressing, but it does show tiny scratches quite quickly. Will probably only do this for special occassions:)

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread