How To Care for your SB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Altsmoke does not recommend stacking batteries in their devices, it is considered dangerous and I"m sure you have read about runaway battery failure here on ECF before. In no way should you ever stack batteries, like say, 2x RCR123a LifePO4 Tenergy batteries. It is never recommended to stack batteries but you are an individual that makes their own decision.

ibarns64

May 25, 2012
California
What is the best way i can take care of my 18650 batteries? Would it be bad for the battery if i were to charge it overnight and leave it until the morning? 9pm-7am.

Also is it bad if i were to just stick the battery in the charger once a day to make sure theres always a charge in it? or should i wait until it completely runs out of battery to charge it?

someone please answer this and dont give me a link :/

matrixxu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Timisoara, Romania
You can only leave your batteries on charge overnight if you have a proper charger that ends the charge cycle once it reaches optimum voltage. Optimum voltage is 4.20 at the highest, and contrary to popular oppinion, 4.22 - 4.24 should not be considered "just fine".
The chargers that do this and are easily available are the Pila Charger and more recently the much more cost friendly Xtar WP2 II. While they charge your batteries to 4.16-4.19 , they allow you to leave them overnight/unattended for long periods of times, even days.
If you have a Trustifre TR-001 , forget about leaving them overnight and take them off the charger once the light turns green.

Storage voltage for batteries used for vaping purposes is generally 3,8-3,85v , so if you don't use your batteries for a while, you can have them sitting at that voltage. There is no reason to "top up" batteries once a day, if you use a couple in rotation that means that you've charged them recently anyway, and they hold the voltage. One thing wich is usefull for the battery life over time is to charge it once it's empty, not 3 days later. Also not overdischarging it helps aswell, most people use their 18650 between 4.2 volts and 3.5 volts , but even as low as 3.3 doesnt dramatically reduce total charge cycles ( 3,3 will give a lousy vape anyway on a mechanical mod, so even without a meter generally people swap batteries for a fresh one long before the voltage is significantly low).

Imageshack - img20120618130201.jpg bonus link to my almost 3yr old silver bullet receiving a beauty treatment:)

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread