How To Care for your SB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

microfreak540

Jan 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the advice, my silver bullet performs much better now that I have cleaned it. Threads screw on and off effortlessly. Atomizer connection is clean as a sterile scalpel. It is nice to have a clean Silver Bullet for once. I ordered mine a while ago and got the silver vein color so I did not have to polish the chrome finish and it still looks as beautiful as the day I purchased it. Truly a fantastic device from AltSmoke. I give them an A++++. Thanks Chad!

matrixxu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Timisoara, Romania
Hello,

I bought a used-for-about-one year Silver SB. Button was great looking, but in about 2-3 weeks my skin chemistry ate up the outer ring polish. The inner part is shiny and great looking. Could you please tell me what material is on the inside (moving part of the button) and outside ring ?
I'd love to replace the button, but shipping it to the US and back is out of the question, Romania , Eastern Europe is kinda far.
Found a button that looks exactly the same, dunno if its identical, but im not gonna discuss that. I will try to replace it , i guess, it looks kinda bad in its current state. Works like a charm though.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Hello,

I bought a used-for-about-one year Silver SB. Button was great looking, but in about 2-3 weeks my skin chemistry ate up the outer ring polish. The inner part is shiny and great looking. Could you please tell me what material is on the inside (moving part of the button) and outside ring ?
I'd love to replace the button, but shipping it to the US and back is out of the question, Romania , Eastern Europe is kinda far.
Found a button that looks exactly the same, dunno if its identical, but im not gonna discuss that. I will try to replace it , i guess, it looks kinda bad in its current state. Works like a charm though.

The plating on the button is nickel. Let me see if I can find a suitable replacement over there :)

matrixxu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Timisoara, Romania
Hello,

I received the Cape Cod metal polishing cloths after seeing them in action in a review. I was SHOCKED to see the difference they made to my 2yr old Silver Bullet. It even got my button to look like 85-90% new.
Also, my SB had the old spring, and it was never cleaned. I ordered the hot-spring, and expected to see something like +0,2v when under load. I was amazed to see that the difference it made was in fact +0.7v compared to my old original spring, under all ranges : from bearly 3v to 3,7v under load, and an amazing 7,8v instead of 7,1-7,2 when vaping with dual 3,7v batteries.

Short version, i now have what people around me describe as a shiny fog machine. Great device, i have the feeling it will still be functional after 5 years :)

Thanks to everyone at altsmoke, and thank you Chad for always helping me out, even if im thousands of miles away.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Hello,

I received the Cape Cod metal polishing cloths after seeing them in action in a review. I was SHOCKED to see the difference they made to my 2yr old Silver Bullet. It even got my button to look like 85-90% new.
Also, my SB had the old spring, and it was never cleaned. I ordered the hot-spring, and expected to see something like +0,2v when under load. I was amazed to see that the difference it made was in fact +0.7v compared to my old original spring, under all ranges : from bearly 3v to 3,7v under load, and an amazing 7,8v instead of 7,1-7,2 when vaping with dual 3,7v batteries.

Short version, i now have what people around me describe as a shiny fog machine. Great device, i have the feeling it will still be functional after 5 years :)

Thanks to everyone at altsmoke, and thank you Chad for always helping me out, even if im thousands of miles away.

Wow that is a big jump, the battery cup musta been pretty dirty. Highest I had seen was .4v o_O

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
I have a black bullet thats about two months old and I love it. It has been everywhere with me and it is showing the signs of being tossed on the seat of a towtruck daily. It was chipped all over ,so I dremeled the finish down to brushed alum on the bottom half.It really looks cool like it is,but I am seeing it Army Green in my visions..... I am not too sure about trying to pop that switch out though. What is involved when getting the switch out? I want this Bullet to be Olive Drab. I looked inside the switch side and to me it looks like the whole switch assembly has been sealed in with some kind of baddass silicone or epoxy. Does the switch have a retainer nut ? Or is it just epoxied in the top cap? I am about to order two more bullets one white and one green but I want my original Bullet to be Olive Drab because it is a soldier. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
OK ............. I was able to get the switch out and then push the battery connector out from the inside and dremel the top cap down to bare aluminum. Looks good so far.. Now I am taking it to Performance Powder Works in Royse City Texas and have it coated Olive Drab or Army Green. I thought about Rhino Liner but I am afraid It would peel off like it did on my wrecker bed.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I recently talked to Chad over the phone and he recommended on the black SB's to use gun oil, is that still a recommendation for the black SB's?

On the Black Chrome, yes. The oil will keep it from getting cloudy. I have seen many that after a good bit of use did not need the oil any longer(polished from body oil)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a new Silver Bullet on order (storm trooper white with blk button) along with a black BB. Any recommendations on how to care or protect these finishes over time?

I'm considering getting one of these dragon-skin leather sleeves for the Silver Bullet when it leaves the house. SerenityGear Leather

Also, the mod lanyard for the BB would be very functional when out of the house (like walking around at a festival), as I'd be wary of putting the BB in a pocket. Having it hang from my neck would keep it within easy reach, and since the lanyard is custom built for the BB, it should fit secure without falling, and keep that huge button from firing unintentionally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread