The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Care and Maintenance for your Silver Bullet

Discussion in 'iVapour UK' started by cddz, Sep 22, 2009.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cddz

cddz Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    Newark, Ohio
  2. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    It does still seem to be available in a few places -

LOCTITE|525382|LUBRICANT, ANTI-SEIZE, STICK, | Farnell United Kingdom

and also here as well, but shipping is as much as the product itself -
    Buy XM Alumnium Anti seize stick 8060 New Products at Marine Megastore 15% off orders over £300!*

Or as notsmellyanymore has already suggested -
    Cromwell Industrial Tools UK: Loctite : 20gm 8060 ALUMINIUM ANTISEIZE STICK : LOC-725-8060K

But if it really is not being manufactured anymore, as this link suggests -
    Buck & Hickman - LOCTITE 8060 ALUM. ANTI SEIZE STICK 20G

So get one while you can!!

I estimate that one of these anti-seize sticks has at least 100 applications. You really only need a tiny amount (about the size of a drop) applied to the main male thread, and then worked into them both by screwing and unscrewing the top and the bottom; and there will still be excess compound left to wipe off with a soft cloth.

I am assuming the application of anti-seize compound should be carried out about every week or 2.

And so I need to be alarmist and say, if lubricant isn't applied to the main threads of the Silver Bullet, it will eventually seize....

Just Lube that Tube !!

3. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
  4. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Thanks Toby, good linkage :)

5. cddz

cddz Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    Newark, Ohio
    The next batch of SB going to UK will be pretreated with NOALOX and a bit of play added to the main threads, there will be time to locate a good sub for the NOALOX.

6. Deschain

Deschain Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2009
    England
  7. rookie20009

rookie20009 Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Would anyone know if this would work? Thanks!

cgi.ebay.com/Thermal-Grease-Paste-Compound-CPU-Conductive-Heatsink_W0QQitemZ220471546532QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335520d2a4

8. silverscot

silverscot Full Member

Oct 21, 2009
    i was thinking of buffing mine with Pink Menzerna and loose G mop finished with Belgom Alu - i'll post how it looks with a super-fine finish. only worry is the upkeep!:)

silver

9. silverscot

silverscot Full Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I did and it spectacular - for those who don't know Pink Menzerna is an ultra-fine finishing compound for aluminium - it gives a very high gloss mirror. The belgom helps to seal it with a wax dressing, but it does show tiny scratches quite quickly. Will probably only do this for special occassions:)

10. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
  11. Johnnysb
    This message by Johnnysb has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jan 22, 2014, Reason: Linkspammer.
    Oct 7, 2013