Carto Tanks, Clearomizers, CE2 Tanks, Genesis Rebuildable Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettMann90

Oct 28, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
Hey all, quick question. What tank will produce the best flavor? I currently own a Neptune 3.5ml Vivi Nova tank, and a Artemas tank from MadVapes. I like both tank systems that I have, however am looking for the next best thing. Like everyone I myself have a vape budget and am trying to save the time, and cost with trial and error of trying a bunch of different tank systems. I am aware that opinions and taste vary with everyone. I currently vape on MadVapes Top Vapor. I will soon be ordering samples from other vendors as well, so if you feel like answering this question what is your favorite juice, please do? I feel like Top Vapor is good but not "great." Thank you Community for your help.

JCJohn23

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2012
Prescott, AZ
I have been going around with this for a while. I dripped with a 510 atomizer for a LONG time, then tried some dual coil cartos in a tube tank from volcano. I also got a buzz tank with a boge. Then i used a vivi nova then finally a DID clone. After all that i would say that finally my favorite out of everything(when not bottom feeding with my Reo) is a simple 35mm 4.5ml tank, with a slotted boge. It just works and there is no fiddling and a standard res boge always tastes delicious to me. Now this is my personal preference. I'm always running around with juice from jvapes. They are located close to me and i switched to them after using ivape for a long time.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I, too, went from those Stardust clearos, to dripping, to a VVN, to a carto tank. Out of all of those, I truly love my carto tanks. I've been getting SmokTech 2.0 single-punched cartos from my primary online vendor and my b&m store. Only had 1 bad one out of maybe a dozen. I will never go back to my VVN or dripping (unless I'm sampling new flavors). I searched and searched for something that would work, be super duper easy, and carto tanks fulfilled all those things in spades.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not a fan of the clearomizer tanks (vivi nova). They serve their purpose as being an easy tank system for beginners and experienced vapors alike, but like anything else they have their pro's and con's. And of course, people's choice in juice delivery devices are as subjective as are juice flavors. I find that the clearo tanks are lacking in providing full flavor of most e-liquids. I've proven this to myself vaping the same flavor in both a clearo and a cartotank. The cartotank won hands down in producing the best flavor.

Tanks in of themselves have little to do with actual flavor. They are merely large juice holders. The key component is what is the juice delivery method to the heating coils: ie. cartomizer or clearomizer. Each uses a different method of wicking the flavor to the heating coil. Cartomizers use polyfill. Clearomizers use string wicks.

Vaping primarily 95% with cartotanks, I use pyrex tanks from various manufacturers. My current favorites come from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. They are of high quality and inexpensive (< $20 each). I have one for nearly each of my current juice flavors, which makes it extremely easy and convenient to switch from one flavor to the next.

A key to satisfaction with cartotanks is finding a good quality, brand name cartomizer. I have been very happy using the single coil pre-punched cartos from Ikenvape (platinum series) https://www.ikenvape.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1860 and Smoktek Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL.

Proper technique used in priming the carto and the tank will help ensure success. I also recommend getting the tank accessory tool from Big Daddy Vapor called the Slap-Yo-Moma. A PBusardo Review - Slap Yo Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter - Big Daddy Vapor - YouTube

The following video is the best demo that I have found that shows both carto filling and tank filling:

Last edited:

JCJohn23

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2012
Prescott, AZ
I really want to try a genisis style and get it out of my system.

I said the same and bought myself a the DID clone or dud or whatever you wanna call it. I couldnt ever get it to taste right. I made a buncha wicks and coils and they would sometimes taste good but not enough for me to go OMG this is my all day vape forever. Then of course there were plenty of coils that tasted so bad! i had a sore throat for a day and couldnt vape for most of a day because of bad coils.. I put it aside and havent touched in a long time. Everyone says if you buy a zen or actual DID its better, just not committed enough to make that $130 leap..

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Do it, dude. I want to know how it turns out. I've found I trust you and Zapped pretty well. I don't know what possessed me to order replacement heads for my VVN. I was looking at it on my shelf. I tried to give it away and the girl gave it back to me. I keep looking at it and I see 15 bucks. I want my 15 bucks worth. So I had a phat weekend at work with tips and splurged... a ton of replacement tank cartos, some juices... and I did it... I went to madvapes and ordered replacement heads. I felt instant buyer's regret after hitting "submit order". They should come tomorrow. I'll have one more go around with this VVN.

Timmy T - One More Try - YouTube

I also like Baditude. Where is he at? Baditude! With that awesome avatar.

Goodness, it's late. He already posted. :toast:

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
That's a classic song there Rocket. The Timmy-T. I used to talk to him on myspace lol. He was always doing those friend trains.

Here is another good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnw1CddWbjw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Zapped the ones I got are bogegate casualties. I only have like 4 old school good ones left bro. Wish I had more I'd love to trade.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
I said the same and bought myself a the DID clone or dud or whatever you wanna call it. I couldnt ever get it to taste right. I made a buncha wicks and coils and they would sometimes taste good but not enough for me to go OMG this is my all day vape forever. Then of course there were plenty of coils that tasted so bad! i had a sore throat for a day and couldnt vape for most of a day because of bad coils.. I put it aside and havent touched in a long time. Everyone says if you buy a zen or actual DID its better, just not committed enough to make that $130 leap..

I still have to try it to say I did lol. I have my eye on the aga-t right now. Probably won't be able to get it till after the holidays. All extra money is going to the gifts. My wife has too much family lol.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'm not a fan of the clearomizer tanks (vivi nova). They serve their purpose as being an easy tank system for beginners and experienced vapors alike, but like anything else they have their pro's and con's. And of course, people's choice in juice delivery devices are as subjective as are juice flavors. I find that the clearo tanks are lacking in providing full flavor of most e-liquids. I've proven this to myself vaping the same flavor in both a clearo and a cartotank. The cartotank won hands down in producing the best flavor.

Tanks in of themselves have little to do with actual flavor. They are merely large juice holders. The key component is what is the juice delivery method to the heating coils: ie. cartomizer or clearomizer. Each uses a different method of wicking the flavor to the heating coil. Cartomizers use polyfill. Clearomizers use string wicks.

Vaping primarily 95% with cartotanks, I use pyrex tanks from various manufacturers. My current favorites come from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. They are of high quality and inexpensive (< $20 each). I have one for nearly each of my current juice flavors, which makes it extremely easy and convenient to switch from one flavor to the next.

A key to satisfaction with cartotanks is finding a good quality, brand name cartomizer. I have been very happy using the single coil pre-punched cartos from Ikenvape (platinum series) https://www.ikenvape.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1860 and Smoktek Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL.

Proper technique used in priming the carto and the tank will help ensure success. I also recommend getting the tank accessory tool from Big Daddy Vapor called the Slap-Yo-Moma. A PBusardo Review - Slap Yo Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter - Big Daddy Vapor - YouTube

The following video is the best demo that I have found that shows both carto filling and tank filling:

Ditto on everything, great information. I have about 10 carto tanks and I love them. You cant beat them for ease. Only thing easier for me is picking up a cigarette and lighting up. I tried the VN and it is good, but has a lot of handicaps. I only used it 10% of my vaping time. I tried Phoenix RA, again but rebuilds were hard for me because of its small space and leaking etc. Im not a dripper, tired drip atties (IVK) never used them.

I really wanted a rebuildable tank atty, similar to the Vivi Nova, but without all the handicaps ( keeping it upright, swishing, etc, cheap machining, etc) I was fortunate enough to try a DID and didnt like the intensitiy of the flavour ( too warm, to much TH) Tried a Zen, same thing, Plus the hassle of the ss wick, too much work for me. I finally tried an Odysseus, WOW, it was wonderful. Taste was great better than my cartomizers and similar to the VN without the cons. It was easier to rebuild, NO leaks, its a joy to use and will last a lifetime. Only con on it is the cost and availability. I was fortunate to be able to get one ( sold some things, and my first photograph) so I got myself something special , the timing was right and I have not regretted it.

Im not saying its the only, or the best, but for me I like cotton or silica, ss mesh - genesis types are not for me. Unfortunately there are not too many RA tank systems out there with the Ody system except the Vivi Nova that are easy to buy and dont cost alot.
Now I will get in trouble, but there is a new clone of the ODy, I havent tried it so cant say how well it compares. Its about 60 dollars.

Anyway , I love my carto tanks and will never get rid of them.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread