Cartomizer teardown pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
Has anyone posted closeup pics of the internal construction of a (510) cartomizer? I'm very curious as to how these work but a GIS turned up nothing. If not I will attempt a detailed teardown myself.

I'm interested in both the atty and in the liquid storage / feeding principle. For starters, how is it that these can be filled by the condom method yet not release their contents as the cap is pulled off? (I hate it when that happens!)

Also from a cost standpoint - besides the refilling advantage, they seem to vape even better than conventional attys, yet they are so much cheaper. I would expect there has been a major retooling to support automated mass-production.

Any other insights on how these work would be appreciated. 3-piece cigs sucked for me, but these are an engineering marvel.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I haven't been able to find any photos of the insides of a 510 cartomizer. And ever since I heard about Doggsbody's Carto Cap Fill technique, I've not ventured inside a Kr8 carto, but Scubabatdan has. He opened one up...

IMAG0055.jpg

And diagramed the anatomy:

Cartomizer.jpg

Not shown are the batting and the two plastic donut caps (white outer cap and translucent inner donut). [When I say 'donut', you realize that I am not referring to Dunkin' or Krispy, right?]

In this video, croom9 shows us the insides of a Kr8 cartomizer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread