My quite personal KR8 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
What exactly did I put so wrong that I come across as "the 510 fan"? I do happen to like my 510, but I can't really recall writing anything like "It's the one and only". It just happens to be the one I am most familiar with, hence, that is obviously what I will compare the reviewed product to. In fact, quite a lot of the time, I wrote 510/901.

I also don't think there would have been much of a point comparing the KR8 to a cigar, the product I'm 2nd most familar with. Too few people use them.

Hardly what makes you "the 510 fan", but of course, nice try.

Edit: Oh, and, are you quite sure you can safely say that you are that happy and without any problems after at most three days with a KR8? Because my review was posted only 4 days ago, answers obviously came even later, and if this helped you to decide to buy a KR8, then you can't have had it for very long, can you? Merely trying to understand the logistics, here.

I meant no offense, and sorry about calling the 510 a 501. I did not call you a "fanboy" (which is becoming more and more derogatory, THANKS APPLE!), I only said you were a fan because of your stated obvious preference of the 510 vs the 808. To clarify, I made my decision Saturday morning, ordered the Ultimate kit from V4L immediately thereafter, received the package Monday, and have been vaping the crap out of all three bats and have tried all 5 different preloaded carts, loaded 5 blank carts I also bought from V4L with JC Tennesee Cured, Arctic Mint, Black Cherry, JC Original, and believe it or not, Strawberry (I had the bought the sampler package in November from JC and was dripping my blank 4081 carts). Needless to say, I have not been sleeping well, but am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the KR808 - go ahead and call me a fanboy, I really don't care. The main reason I posted was not to dispute your initial review, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but to contest your continued claims that it is a faulty design, it burns very hot, can't get more than a few puffs, burns plastic, and the holes must be aligned with Jupiter and Mars - all of which I could certainly ascertain in the three happy days I have had so far. Last night I was feeling bad about even thinking about throwing away all the 4081 crap and figuring out how I can use up all the extra carts and supplies - tonight I could care less. I will however use the 4081's to loan to friends to at least try the concept, and hopefully convert more people to ecigs - WHATEVER THE MODEL - isn't that what it should all be about? And BTW, it is true that your negative review of the KR808 actually, really, honestly did help convince me to go out and by the KR808 - I am living proof and writing this to set the record straight. I have no beef with you, or even if you dislike the KR808, but I have every right to an opinion as well, and feel obligated to weigh in to help balance the negative review. In addition, there are two reasons I decided to register and begin posting; 1. To thank everyone here for the great volume of information, expertise, and opinions, and 2. Once I experienced how great the KR808 was, to voice my support for a product under fire for reasons I could not replicate. I don't contest your experience in any way, and am sorry for the trouble and expense you went through - but that does not directly infer the product design is faulty. Best of luck in your quest for the perfect ecig (I know the KR808 is not it), and I look forward to more positive dialogue with you and all here in the future.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
wow! I just jumped from the first post to the last so I have no idea what transpired. But it does not sound friendly :( I'm sorry to see that. I love my KR. I have also experienced all of the negative attributes that you describe Alex. And I have learned through reading this forum and personal experience that all those problems are due to my own errors,laziness and innattention. What I believe is that we all have to face the fact that this is NOT a cigarrete. It is a sensetive electronic device and needs to be handled and maintained as such. And V4L is a good company. But so are alot of others. So Alex...I hope you find something that makes you reasonably happy here in e-cig land.
Because whatever you choose is sure to be better than analogs!!! Vape in peace;-)

callofthevapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
st Petersburg FL
  1. Contemplate the depressing, but not entirely unfounded throught that naming this species Homo sapiens sapiens was slightly premature? :(
  2. LMAO? :lol:
  3. Both?
'Nuff said about … certain people. More than enough said to them, too.
----------------------------------------line----------------------------------------

Anybody having constructive questions, suggestions, comments etc is still perfectly welcome.

This has less to do with your review then your general attitude. I'm the one in the vapor 4 life subforum who expressed skepticism that your review would be any different then the dislikes you already formed for the Kr8. I didn't refer to you derogatory in any way. You though refer to me as fan boy in a derogatory manner. I might add, to me it appeared you came in a sub forum only to get into a fight. And now you brought it out here

I'm not going to listen to anyone whos goal I believe just to slam something.

I like the Kr8. I haven't tried anything else. It doesn't make me less then Homo sapiens sapiens because you disagree with my choice

Last edited:

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I have also experienced all of the negative attributes that you describe Alex. And I have learned through reading this forum and personal experience that all those problems are due to my own errors,laziness and innattention. What I believe is that we all have to face the fact that this is NOT a cigarrete. It is a sensetive electronic device and needs to be handled and maintained as such. And V4L is a good company.

Funny that you would bring in V4L - I have never said anything about them because I do not know anything about them. (Living in Germany, I probably never will have anything to do with them, either, just as with about all US suppliers. Plainy and simply shipping being too expensiv.) Except that they have fans that are … how shall I put that? I would not invite them to my wedding. But certainly I would not attack the company for that. So why exactly are you defending something that was until now not even part of the thread? Routine perhaps?

As for you implying that my problems are only due to "errors,laziness and innattention", thank you very much. But you know, this is not the first time I held a PV in my hands. Even my first cigar, which was actually defective (and was exchanged) did give me anywhere near such troubles. My 510s and 901s are working absolutely fine as well.
So what is so different about a KR8, and why has nobody of those who now accuse me of being too dumb to use a device that is allegedly so incredibly easy to use told me, here or in the thread I asked about those problems when I was testing them, what exactly I am supposed to be doing wrong?

If you can point out to me what I can do to make those problems go away, I have no objection whatever to amend my review. As nobody of those so vigorously defending the KR8 has done so, I can only conclude that maybe it would not be so easy to make those problems go away. But if I am wrong, let me know. In a constructive way, please.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Some like Fords, other Chevrolets. Just be careful when bragging about your Toyota. ;) I have great luck with Fords, others have had nothing but problems and detest them and call them junk. The same for Nikon and Canon. This can be said with many things we buy. It's sometimes just the luck of the draw. No matter what you purchase, there is always the chance of a lemon, especially when things are mass produced in China. There are always going to be bad batches.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Yes there are. Currently, there's even a bad batch of 510s around, judging from several posts. However, there have to be quite a few bad batches of KR8s around, if even a very cursory search turns up 5 pictures of burned filling, taken at different times and even in different countries.
And those pictures do worry me.

Whitbit

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Virginia
I haven't had those kind of problems with my Vk.. And it doesn't look cheap to me..(Being a diff brand I am sure..)

I understand this review is an honest opinion, and an extensive one at that. I am glad that you are doing it only after having experience with some other brands, as I have never used anything else yet. It is a bit weird at first for a noob, I must say, but what PV wouldn't be? :D

There are a couple things I just love about it that contradicts some of the things you had a problem with in your experience. (Could it be the brand? Good possiblity.)

First of all, you can pull the white end out with your fingernail pretty easily and quickly if you need to (which I do a lot if Im in a hurry to refill) And I also just got rid of that stupid clear ring inside, it works way better without it. For me it's easy to estimate when its nice and full (someone explained to me it needs to have a 'slushy' look) and that has seemed to work for me.. If I do overfill, I just blow it out a little and it is beast!:evil:
Mine doesn't get hot until after 4 or 5 drags, and thats usually all I need (right in a row anyway) I only end up waiting about 30 secs max for my next hit.I also have 3 batteries, and a PT. One battery will last me most of the day so I am good there.

I did notice, though.. all those burnt pics you have listed are not your own personal pics, right? Who knows what those people are doing to them? When they start to taste off, it is time to refill. Some people just keep on burnin' though I guess. Even as a noob, I have only done this once and then learned my lesson.

Even though the KR8 isn't for you.. a lot of people really like it, and don't have any of the problems you mentioned. So why go as far as to say "Don't bother." ? I'm not bashing you at all, I found it to be a very interesting review... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread