Cartomizer--wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
I agree interesting as mine was 70/30 pg from freedomsmokesusa. I dripped 3 ml's in stages and let sit for a couple of hours...would not wick. When I took a little filler out....wicks great and enough vape to fill a room...amazing
How did you fill yours?

I drip right into the filling and because I lack patience I usually end up getting some down the middle as well. Not sure if the liquid getting into the center has anything to do with it but it is probably easier for the carto to wick when the center is all ready wet. Could also just be variances in the manufacturing.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
The poly fill is wrapped so jut poke around for end. Then pull it up and cut off about 3/4 of inch. This is a difference beyween the go-go cart and the leo. the go-go has half the poly fill. Maybe for pg juice it is alright but add very much vg juice and it cant wick. In therory only need enough poly fill so it does not leak out.

Last edited:

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Pictures off how much filler I took out...

Attachments

• DSCF6412.jpg
    DSCF6412.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 79

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
modified the leo cart already....i gently pulled the filler up enough to cut of a square about 3/4 by 3/4 and stuffed it back in. Now my 70/30 pg vg juice wicks great and no leaks. By product enough vape to fill a room....

Use @ own risk

did you cut from the inside near the center or the outside?

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Interesting. I haven't had to modify my carto and I've used five different 50/50 juices. Ran some hot water through it today, spun it around to dry it and refilled with about 75 drops. No problem so far.
I have needed to run a paperclip up the threaded end a couple of times when the draw becomes too tight. I'm not sure what the obstruction is, but after a run-through it works like new again. Probably just a buildup of gunk from a week of heavy use.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Well isn't this boring. filled an hour before bed last night and have done nothing but get a perfect vape for the last 15 hours. I did have to change battery once as the cartomizer out lasted the battery

I agree.

Someone needs to come up with a method to make use of a spring, aquarium filtration foam, some tea bags, an oversized carto condom, and a method of spinning the PV around in the air, or this is going to be too darn easy.

Most of us are so used to tinkering, by now, to just fill and forget. Using something this simple, just seems strange.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
I agree.

Someone needs to come up with a method to make use of a spring, aquarium filtration foam, some tea bags, an oversized carto condom, and a method of spinning the PV around in the air, or this is going to be too darn easy.

Most of us are so used to tinkering, by now, to just fill and forget. Using something this simple, just seems strange.

A carto condom to fit these is the one thing I would love to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread