Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Just made a 510 to leo carto adapter so my 510 ego users can try these carto's out.

Was pretty easy after I stopped over thinking it.

I used the plastic sleeve from the carto cut the tip off and glued it to an old 510 atty. Added a spring from an old pen for the center post. Just slide carto into sleeve no need for threads holds tight

Attachments

• leoadapter.jpg
    leoadapter.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

johnnybass

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
nevada USA
www.coolvapes.com
i took one apart after it seemed to not want to work , and from what I can tell the batting around the center expands so that is why putting a paperclip through it seams to help.In the future i think they could be better if they were to use a little less filler and not wrap them so tight. I am going to try and make a tank mod for mine combining a ce2 carto and the leo cartomizer and see what happens..

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I am running a paper clip thru carto on every fill. today I noticed I had to use a smaller paper clip could not get the bigger one all the way thru it.

What is up in that tube...I can get the bigger paper clip started about half and inch then stops. Not knowing what is there I was afraid to force it.

This time the paper clip does have black on it...getting dirty in there.

So the question can a paper clip be forced up the tube with out doing damage?

johnnybass

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
nevada USA
www.coolvapes.com
It is built like a regular cartomizer, it has a wire running through the middle along with a thicker material in the middle then the lighter weight material around that, unfortunatly these aren't going to last to long. I have got about 6 refills with 80/20 juice and tried to clean them, but when I did it swelled the center material and wouldn't draw. but at 3 bucks a pop and being able to go through about 20 mils of liquid it still isn't bad.I wish they had designed it like a gogo cart, they seem to be bullitproof ..

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
It is built like a regular cartomizer, it has a wire running through the middle along with a thicker material in the middle then the lighter weight material around that, unfortunatly these aren't going to last to long. I have got about 6 refills with 80/20 juice and tried to clean them, but when I did it swelled the center material and wouldn't draw. but at 3 bucks a pop and being able to go through about 20 mils of liquid it still isn't bad.I wish they had designed it like a gogo cart, they seem to be bullitproof ..

They are!

Leo and Carto is my backup, but the Go-Go is the best PV around, hands down

johnnybass

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
nevada USA
www.coolvapes.com
well i ended up taking out some filler also , a little bit more though it ended up being a strip about 1.5 inches , but it made a big difference , wicking like a fiend . the filler was a little loose inside there at first but after a couple of fills it has expanded outward , and it seems like the draw is better..

johnnybass

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
nevada USA
www.coolvapes.com
I think the only way these could be better is if they were a horizontal bottom coil design. because the way they are now they can burn. I found out the hard way . I was trying to pull the whistle sleeve off and hit the power button and cooked a new one before I could even fill it. and I did take a couple apart after I thought they were toast and they were actually burnt inside. so there is room for improvement, for sure..I am sure they will get better in time . I mean these are buit like original cartomizers were , and well the major improvements that have been made are the bottom horizontal coil designs like the IGO and GOGO I think this also holds true with the BLOOG maxxfusion cartomizers. with the coil at the bottom in a horizontal position. it doesn't really touch any of the filler and hence even when it is dry it does not burn. This I feel is another reason those other models I mentioned are so popular , they are pretty much foolproof. but alas the LEO tank system has not arrived yet so who knows what the future holds for the leo. The cartomizers are what i would call good , there is a difference in flavor (to me anyway ) in comparison to CE2 carto's and tanks, I mean I haven't had an analog in a year and my tastebuds are great so I can taste these subtle difference's

Last edited:

johnnybass

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
nevada USA
www.coolvapes.com
And By the way definitely take out some filler , you get about a 40% increase in both vapor production and the flavor is increased. I have tried different lengths from 3/4 of an inch all the way up to 1 1/2 inches I think about 1 1/4 inch of material is optimum. I use 80/20 and 70/30 pg/vg mixes and this works perfect. I don't even fill a new one without taking out some filler. you can look at it like a roll of toilet paper just try to find the outer end and gently pull it up , then cut it off and push it back in then what i do is take a straight dental pick and put it in the filler and rotate it to fluff it up to the outside edge of the cylinder . the only thing you are loosing is about .5 to.75 mil of liquid capacity , which isn't a bad trade off. you will also gain a little bit of a gurgle sound when you first use the cart about 40 puffs or so but the increased vapor and flavor are plentiful. and then you also gain a better draw do to less amount of filler it doesn't restrict the center tube. If you are using a paperclip to straiten the tube out remember be gentle there is a wire running through the center tube.

Last edited:

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
And By the way definitely take out some filler , you get about a 40% increase in both vapor production and the flavor is increased. I have tried different lengths from 3/4 of an inch all the way up to 1 1/2 inches I think about 1 1/4 inch of material is optimum. I use 80/20 and 70/30 pg/vg mixes and this works perfect. I don't even fill a new one without taking out some filler. you can look at it like a roll of toilet paper just try to find the outer end and gently pull it up , then cut it off and push it back in then what i do is take a straight dental pick and put it in the filler and rotate it to fluff it up to the outside edge of the cylinder . the only thing you are loosing is about .5 to.75 mil of liquid capacity , which isn't a bad trade off. you will also gain a little bit of a gurgle sound when you first use the cart about 40 puffs or so but the increased vapor and flavor are plentiful. and then you also gain a better draw do to less amount of filler it doesn't restrict the center tube. If you are using a paperclip to straiten the tube out remember be gentle there is a wire running through the center tube.

I agree.....makes the carto....perfect.

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
VapingZone

I placed an order with them today - first time with this company / first time with the cartomizers.
a 5-pack of Boge Leo cartomizers is on sale for $13.99 with the flat rate shipping fee of $5.00. They are located in S.C. (I believe)

I couldn't find a discount code, but if someone finds one, it would make a good deal, better.

I sincerely hope that these carto's are as good as everyone is saying. I averaged a little more than 6 atomizers a month which is not the norm, I know, but still, ARRRRGH!

Has anyone posted a decent pic of the carto's? You know, like sliced in half to see what they really look like? I've been searching with no luck, I couldn't find any pics or vids on removing the filler or cleaning it with a paper-clip either, so if someone has any links, they would be appreciated.
Thanks ~

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Removing filter pretty easy. Just poke around at the filler till you find the end (its wrapped around the center post) A paper clip works well for this. When you find the end gently pull up the filter enough so you can cut off about an inch of it. Then stuff it back in. I feel this makes a huge improvement on a already great vape.

The paper clip trick....just take a smaller sized paperclip and gently run it up thru hole on battery end. I kinda twist it up thru the hole ....DO NOT FORCE IT UP....

Attachments

• DSCF6412.jpg
    DSCF6412.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Can anybody explain the juice on the outside of leo carto? It is in between the the plastic sleeve and the metal tube so I dont get any on the outside. They need to be wiped off on every fill. I can figure out how it gets there or how to reduce it. Anybody figured out how to reduce or elminate this yet?

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Some tips I use to enhance this carto....

1) Take out about an inch of the filler.
2) Run a paper clip up thru battery end on refill (gently twist in a small paper clip)
3) Dont over tighten the carto on battery.... cuts airflow down too much
4) Fill at end of day and let it sit overnight to soak in well
5) A new carto...put a couple of drops in center hole on battery end to wet coil

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
Thank you for the pics and the instructions! Does anyone know where I can get a tester to see how these vapingzone carto's perform under load?

I received my shipment of carto's so I can tell you that vaporzone delivers 3-5 days after your order. Allen at vapingzone sent me an email with a 10% discount code ECF10; THANK YOU ALLEN. So far, customer service seems to be on par with many other e-cigarette vendors which means far above average. I didn't even ask the company for the code, Allen must have read my request here.

i followed instructions and filled 4 carto's with different flavors - which i love because I can easily swap out flavors. I've found that at first the carto's performance is on par with a working atomizer, but steadily improves with use. It is SO close to an analog but with more taste and style. I am amazed at it's capacity, I was overly cautious and used only about 3ml in each and wow, they last forever. This is by far the most carefree pv I've used. I keep looking at it because I am so used to adding and adjusting and tweaking that I am at a loss here...you just vape and vape and vape. It's consistent and virtually fudge-free. So far, I am loving this first day.

The thing about the Leo is the exquisite taste factor. It picks up the most subtle flavors so it's imperative that you use a quality juice. But with this carto, it's even sharper, smoother, cleaner... I can't really describe it but you can't even compare it to an ego, it's like apples and oranges. The vapor, which is outstanding with the atomizer is even bigger, the throat hit delivers at lower nic levels. I'm already sold on these carto's and if they make improvements, great, one less thing to worry about, but I am already more than satisfied. I doubt I will ever go back to the atomizers.

One thing I would like to see them improve is the design of the cap so that you can attach it to the bottom like a pen top, when you are using, or something to that effect. You can't use the cap with the cartos because the cartos are too big, so the cap becomes obsolete. So i would like to see a cap that can be used with the carto's and a way to attach the cap to the pv when in use because once something is detached in my world, it's as good as lost.

Another thing, and someone else already mentioned this, but you want to attach the filled carto to the battery BEFORE you attach the black casing. I made the mistake of putting the casing on the carto before attaching to the battery and - you can't connect it because the casing naturally goes too far down the carto. It was a bear getting it apart, but it can be done without tools, but not recommended.

The other thing is the casing is super tight, so tight that I found slivers of it on the top of the carto. Some of it gets shaved off as you pull off and then attach the casing to the carto. The flat tip mouthpiece is like smoking a pipe, its that big, but you quickly get used to it. For me, a round tip would be so big as to be uncomfortable.

Sorry for the extra long post, all i can say is that I am extremely happy with these carto's so far. And again, Thanks for the visuals and the instructions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread