Cartomizer--wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
A carto condom to fit these is the one thing I would love to have.

I am in the middle of filling my first carto while reading this thread for tips; I'm using an eGo-t tank cap over the end of the Leo cart's threads so it doesn't blow juice all over my desk. Seems to be working OK so far..

CIMG0773.jpg

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
Wouldn't you know it, I got a leak 5 minutes after posting about the rubber eGo-T cap. I put a #33 wirenut full of paper towel on the thread end of the carto instead, that seemed to work better.

Jumping on the bandwagon; these cartos are _insanely_ good!! If this is how they normally perform, I might have found a new favorite here.

Are adapters available? Leo battery -> 510 atty, 510 battery -> Leo atty?

Thanks!

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
Vapor Cannon Adapter (LEO to 808d-1 or 510) - VAPOR CANNON ACCESSORIES - Accessories
there might be other locations. Annoyingly, no vendor has made 510 or 808 to Leo adapters. So you are stuck using the Leo battery for the carto and Leo atty... not that it's a bad battery, it would just be nice for people who don't want to buy more batteries.

Hmm, sweet looking adapter. That's irritating about the no 510 batt -> Leo atty connector though; I only have one Leo battery whereas I've got 5 510 devices sitting here. I worry about the battery dying on me, mine's old enough (secondhand Leo) that it's sealed but no passthrough.

I was able to get about 3ml of juice into the carto before it was saturated; it lasted me about 3 hours before I topped it up with about a ml of juice. Still awesome performance, these things are great!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The reason I want a 510-to-Leo adapter is so I can use the wonderful Leo carto (and/or atty) on higher voltage than the Leo batt delivers. My only disappointment with the Leo is that it often doesn't hit hard enough for me. [Clarification: It hits consistently. What varies is my mood (and time of day).]

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
The reason I want a 510-to-Leo adapter is so I can use the wonderful Leo carto (and/or atty) on higher voltage than the Leo batt delivers. My only disappointment with the Leo is that it often doesn't hit hard enough for me. [Clarification: It hits consistently. What varies is my mood (and time of day).]

I think I must be one of those vapers who doesn't need much of a hit... which is fortunate, because most of my equipment is under 4v :) When i do get the rare urge for it, I just vape Black Pepper flavor. Packs a wallop!
So why has no adapter come out? Does the 510 crowd have zero interest in this atty and carto?

p.s. ...want to thank you, Don, as your review of the Leo was what put me over the edge in buying it as my first PV.

Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Well I for one really like the new carts . They last for ever and for the price as long as they last a decent amount of time I am happy after blowing money on 2 LR ego tank atomizers that lasted 10 days and 3 days for the second one . Even the first 3 ego tank attys I had clogged up after a couple of weeks . I didn't use to be a fan of carto's but I think now I might be . I use a syringe to fill it . If I see it starting to over fill I just pull back on the syringe a bit . I remove the plug to do it .

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
My first carto suddenly got hot on my the other day. Vaping normal after a fill, the carto got down in juice so far and WHAM! Out of nowhere the vapor was really HOT! I figured, hey, 3.5 weeks on the one carto is not bad. Threw it out and started another fresh one. Dang good for a carto without cleaning it, ever.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
My first carto suddenly got hot on my the other day. Vaping normal after a fill, the carto got down in juice so far and WHAM! Out of nowhere the vapor was really HOT! I figured, hey, 3.5 weeks on the one carto is not bad. Threw it out and started another fresh one. Dang good for a carto without cleaning it, ever.

I agree with throwing them out after a month or so . For the pice they not much to spend . Filler acts not only to hold liquid but acts as a filter so it collects the impurities and eventually will start tasting bad . I would like to know though how long they take to burn out and stop working .

paul1288

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
new jersey USA
www.vapelite.info
I agree with throwing them out after a month or so . For the pice they not much to spend . Filler acts not only to hold liquid but acts as a filter so it collects the impurities and eventually will start tasting bad . I would like to know though how long they take to burn out and stop working .

Boge says 400 puffs. I change to a new one weekly to avoid the bad taste as you mentioned. Yes they will last longer but there is nothing like a Fresh Boge XXL cartomizer.

Plazm

May 27, 2011
cape town
Well I have been putting these through their paces today. I still have not gotten used to filling them but I am sure as these become more popular there will be people tinkering with them and posting their methods.

I am still getting nice big plumes of vapor and great flavor. I am going to give them more time before I declare myself free of cartridges, tweezers, blue foam, pockets bulging with bottles etc., but so far so very good.

Get a soft sungalsses case you can clip onto a belt loop. :D

I can fit a bottle, a battery and atty and some carts in there. I used to have a Janty Twisp I kept in my pocket, the battery would activate and I wouldn't notice until I started feeling my leg burning. :p

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Even though you guys haven't posted here in a while, I can't stress enuf how much I appreciate this thread. Lots of detail, lots of input. There isn't many youtube videos on the leo yet so this info is great. Just got my Leo 2 days ago and I don't wanna misuse it an ruin the atomizer or anything.

yes the leo cartomizers still running strong....it is my favorite. Boge is going back to drawing board with their tank system

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Even though you guys haven't posted here in a while, I can't stress enuf how much I appreciate this thread. Lots of detail, lots of input. There isn't many youtube videos on the leo yet so this info is great. Just got my Leo 2 days ago and I don't wanna misuse it an ruin the atomizer or anything.

Yeah, not much to say anymore. Cartos last a long time, no dead batteries, atomizers aren't failing (I still use carts occasionally). It may not be perfection in a PV, but it's close enough.
If you have questions, just keep asking and someone will eventually answer you.

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
I watched this video before I bought my new Leo Passthrough with the Cartomizers. It's a bit lengthy because it's a review and how to, but it's worth the time if you want to know how to initially fill the cartos. Once you fill a carto, you can refill by simply dripping a few "refresher" drops down into the sides of the carto (avoid dripping into the middle or it just runs right out the bottom). Good luck, and enjoy!
YouTube - ‪A PBusardo Review - The Leo Electronic Cigarette and Leo Cartomizers‬‏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread