CE2 clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
I had three orders in my mailbox today, yeah me! I was really really looking forward to my package from Vapors Heaven. I ordered the clearomizers CE2r4 (2.6-2.8 ohm) for my 808D-1. I have to tell ya, I like it so far.

I had a DOH moment when I couldn't figure out how to fill it using the injector w/needle. The print is so tiny on the instruction card. Had to go on U-tube and watch how they did it, LOL. :blush: It was easier to use the injector with the blue wick thing instead. I filled it with FSU Ryder (24mg 50/50) and amazing TH and vapor. I thought it was going to have a nasty taste that I've read about and dreaded, didn't happen. I have noticed that I have a nic buzz that I never got from using a carto. Had to put it down. :p

I'm glad I purchased it.

Last edited:

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
Got mine today too! Must admit, it looks pretty sci-fi attached to my 78mm silver Bloog battery. :)

bloogw-ce2.jpg

Also received some FSUSA samples and loaded it up with 24mg 50/50 PureCig. Getting that thick juice loaded was a bit of a challenge, but I am enjoying it very much!

Tracy

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
I only use CE2r4 XL's for vaping but I've modded them all to tank format using 10ml syringes.
Wicking is greatly improved and it can then carry 4ml of juice with no leakage.
I use a 20 gauge needle to refill as I find the little plastic needle too small for easy use.
:vapor:

P.S. If your clearomizer tube cracks get hold of a standard 2ml syringe and cut the ends off as I found the diameter is the same.

Last edited:

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Got mine today too! Must admit, it looks pretty sci-fi attached to my 78mm silver Bloog battery. :)

bloogw-ce2.jpg

Also received some FSUSA samples and loaded it up with 24mg 50/50 PureCig. Getting that thick juice loaded was a bit of a challenge, but I am enjoying it very much!

Tracy

That looks really cool! Is that just a regular 808D-1 CE2 Clearomizer?

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
Yep, it is.
I took this right after I loaded it. Truth is, it starts looking a bit ghetto once you start using it....gets kind of brown and gunky up by the atomizer. But, I really like them. They taste great, and clean up nice once you learn how to take them apart. (the easiest way is to put them on the battery and wiggle the plastic off. On an auto batt, be sure to hold carto end down!)

Taste is great; vapor is great. I've been using them nearly a week now. Have cleaned and refilled several times over without all of the problems people have mentioned. The description on MadVapes said they hold 1.3 ml of juice, but it's more like .8ml.

Scucci

Jul 17, 2010
Nashville, TN
Picked up a few of the XL's a while ago... they've been great so far. When the wick starts to char (as it does over time) you can just take them apart and move the wick down to a clean spot... very nice.

The only major "issue" that I have with them is I'm using an eGo and the cone won't fit over them... I know that on the XL I'd still have about 1/2" sticking out of the top of the cone, but I just feel safer with the cone on there as the bottom of the clearomizers aren't solid. You can pull them out or they CAN (hasn't happened to me yet) wiggle out in your pocket. Modding the cone would be easy enough, but as I don't have a spare... I'll hold off on that for now.

Either way, great carto so far. The "wicking issues" only seem to happen at first... simple enough to tilt the PV to get the juice to flow up into the atomizer. After a while though, you won't really need to. It could be how I hold my PV when I'm vaping though. I always hold it horizontally and have the clearo rotated down so one of the ends of the wick is as low as possible in the tube so it always stays in the juice.

I've tried a couple other cartos and swore them off because of wicking issues, filling issues, and surprise burnt taste issues... these have almost none of those problems. The wicking issue is temporary (IME), they're super easy to fill (they might seem harder because of the syringe, but when you take spillage, mess, and actual ease into account; they come out ahead), and I always know exactly how much juice I have left in there.

Vapor production is pretty good with these... I'm coming off of dripping on LR's, but I'm still very happy with the vapor production on these. Coil life is pretty good as well... I've already had to move the wick down once from use and the coil is still kicking... I won't be surprised if I have to move the wick a few more times before the coil bites it. I'm moving the wick just to keep it on a clean section. It's not because I was getting any bad tastes though... even with the charred wick, I was still getting good flavor and good vapor. I just don't like to get caught by surprise.

On top of how well it works... they're around $10 for 5 of them (from where I order from). That's insane for me... I've been using LR atties for so long now I'm just used to paying around $5 per atty every week. To spent $10 on 5 and have 1 of them last me this long is mind blowing.

wacdenney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Georgia
I just recieved my first pack of ce2r5 xl clearomizers today and all I can say is WOW!! I ordered from MyVaporStore and they arrived quickly in only a couple of days. I got 510 clearomizers and a 901 to 510 adapter so I could use them with all my 808 gear as well as with my Riva. So far... WOW!! I love them! They look awesome and work great. I have not had any problems whatsoever. No wicking problems, no taste problems, no leaking, perhaps this is because they are brand new and these problems will arise, but so far so good. The only problem I have had is that I use 80% VG juice and it is difficult to get the juice through the tiny sirenge they give you. I managed to get it to work though and I am thouroghly satisfied. They work great on the Riva and even better on a V4L 808 passthrough. I don't think I will ever go back to regular cartos!

Picklesworth.

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
Minneapolis
I love these things. I just ordered more in XL. Love the packaging you can put them back in the foam to keep things orginized or use it to stand them up in while filling so they dont get knocked over when your cat attacks your ankle (true story)
I use the 2.4-6 OHM on a 510 man. mega batterie and my S. Bullet. Also I have a 510 makeshift carry case that has little pockets that I think were used for screwdriver heads on some multi tool, they fit perfectly.
One thing I do is cut little pieces of papper with an exacto and lable them. Then tape it to the clearo so I know whats in 'em.
I dont put them on my eGo for reasons all ready stated, a bit of a drag.
I have had no wicking problems thus far. I use mostly 50/50 blends, maybe that has somthing to do with it?
All in all these things rock.
Picklesworth.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
An additional pointer: I fill my XL clearos with a 3mL syringe. For higher VG content 'nicquids' remove the plunger from the syringe, insert needle (I still use the plastic needle w/ no problem) into the filling hole, add nicquid to the syringe, insert plunger and fill clearo. It's a lot easier emptying a thick liquid through small needle than it is filling the syringe through the needle.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Well welcome to the ce2's. Glad to see a thread not devoted to bashing them. I've used them close to 2 years since the rev2 version. I love em. Gotvapes sells just tubes if you happen to crack em. They are very sturdy the kind they sell on the ce2-x. for any wicking issue I like to pull the fill ring up with a little screwdriver. So that the ring is up a mm or 2 from where it was. This will free up the wicks at the slits.

@ scucci you don't have to move the wick. Just pull the tube rinse and do a dry burn. It brings it back to white. The wick doesn't burn it just has some gunk on it. You can clean em over and over. I do it twice a week and use the same one for a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread