CE2 2.4-2.6 ohm XL Clearomizers ROCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I have played with my 3.0-3.2 clearos for a couple of days now -- haven't been able to go above 3.8 on my Buzz :(. I've pulled out all the inner rings and vaped; replaced only the "cup cap" ring leaving a little extra wicking room and vaped; I've" tipped" and vaped I've tried 85 PG, 70 PG, 60 PG and 85 VG and vaped all with the same results...burnt taste at anything higher than 3.8v, and/or if I take more than 2 draws in a row, and/or (heaven forbid) I take a deep, single drag...

The next step is fluffing / cutting wicks?? Getting lower ohms?? Using the 808s instead of the 510s??.

I've used 2.4-2.6 at 3.7v (as high V as I like), with 50/50 juice, cut the loops on the wicks and unraveled them a bit, wicks good and chain vaping, deep drags with nothing but flavor.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I've used 2.4-2.6 at 3.7v (as high V as I like), with 50/50 juice, cut the loops on the wicks and unraveled them a bit, wicks good and chain vaping, deep drags with nothing but flavor.

Thanks, Stosh. Off to go find my glasses and do some wick micro-surgery...

Sorrid

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Tampa,Florida
I have played with my 3.0-3.2 clearos for a couple of days now -- haven't been able to go above 3.8 on my Buzz :(. I've pulled out all the inner rings and vaped; replaced only the "cup cap" ring leaving a little extra wicking room and vaped; I've" tipped" and vaped I've tried 85 PG, 70 PG, 60 PG and 85 VG and vaped all with the same results...burnt taste at anything higher than 3.8v, and/or if I take more than 2 draws in a row, and/or (heaven forbid) I take a deep, single drag...

The next step is fluffing / cutting wicks?? Getting lower ohms?? Using the 808s instead of the 510s??

Please, Sorrid, tell me the secret to your success :)?! I think I'd really like these if I could just vape them...

BTW, if I leave these horizontal without any inner rings or with a slightly lifted cup ring , the "atty" floods a bit and I get juice in the airway and then I have bottom leakage. Not a lot, but not cool, either.

I have been getting my CE2's from gotvapes. So far I have tried both the 510 and the 808 style connector in the 2.8-3.0 ohm range. At first I was just removing both seals and gently fluffing the wick at bit where it enters the atty cup using very thin tipped tweezers and then not pressing the inner seal on as far as it was. I leave off the thinner seal and use a drip tip.(not the small one included with gotvapes clear ce2s).

This seems to work just fine but I have had a couple that still didn't want to wick right. If you can see that atomizer glowing as you take a draw there isn't enough juice in there and it gets hot and harsh tasting.(easy to see in the dark).Even when taking multiple big hits(which I do) you should never see that coil in there glowing.

On the couple I had not wick correctly I noticed that the coil of the atomizers were wound really close together. Nothing I did could get these to perform as they should. On all the others that do work great the atomizer coils are spaced further apart. This might be coincidence but I don't think so.

Just for giggles I have taken to enlarging the slots in the inner seal to give the wick some more room(this also allows you to press the inner seal down fully so you can use that thinner seal as well with a drip tip). Before I started doing this I too would get a bit of juice in my mouth sometimes if I left my Buzz on its side for too long. Now it rarely ever does it.

So far I haven't had to snip the loops of wick but it certainly can't hurt doing so and I'll do that on the next one I crack open.

Pokey please pm me if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to help you.

Oh and the juice I use is Dekang PG/VG mix (USA MIX) from Madvapes. I don't know what the exact ratio is but I do know it makes tons of vapor and tastes super yummy!

Last edited:

kilgoretrout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
South Central PA, USA
These things are just awesome. I was a CE2 V4 addict already, but I think these are even better since they're easy to see into (mod) and they're bigger.
I lose the wicks and ptb mod all of them, tho. CLOUDS of flavorful vapor at 4v on the 2.5ohm ones. Nothing I've tried yet has come close.
Only issue I've found so far is that my juice consumption has gone up considerably.... and watching the level drop in a 2.5ml clearo while you're vaping seems wrong. lol.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Many thanks, Stosh and Sorrid -- I have clipped the wicks and fluffed the ends and it works! I am now happily vaping on a clearo at 4.3, woot!!!

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be...I highly recommend doing it on an empty one, though:blush:!! But I was prepared for the mess and it wasn't too bad, lol...

Next step will be to trim those cap ring slots so I can seat it all the way down and use both rings. I have been using my regular DTs (the enclosed one is kind of silly and next to worthless, don't ya think?) My surgical scissors aren't quite good enough to trim it, though. What would you recommend, an eXacto knife maybe? I might could find one of those around here somewhere...

Thanks again! Now I am as excited as the first day I got them!!

BTW, it's even working with my 85% VG, amazing!!

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
thx for the review and tips. i was second guessing my order for 2.4's after reading reviews about them being too warm. i do like a warm vape though. if it's warm i can hit it and go 'aw that was nice' and i'm good to go. with cold vapes, i keep hitting it over and over again trying to get 'satisfied'.

i plan to split my wick strands too when i get my 2.4-2.6's on their way. sick to death of most atties and cartos. time for a change and these things look like they will fit the bill.

can't wait to get mine in :)

icemangrafx

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
L.A
Hi,I got mine yesterday after all the hype about them.I got the 2.4~2.6ohms for 510.After filling up with caramel Michael juice,I start to vape them.My impression was disappointing.All I taste is burnt rubber! my guess is the heat shrink tube inside causes this.What I want is to taste my juice but all I tasted was burnt rubber.My throat hurts vaping a few puffs.I still have 4 unopened CE2s.Maybe the first one is not good.I'll try another one when I have the time.Since the tube is made of plastic,the seals are made from silicon rubber,I guessed all this contributes to the burnt rubber taste.I wish they were good,but I think old school dripping still the best.

Maybe,the Clearomizers are not for me...

Jay

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
@icemangrafx-- I cannot speak regarding the 2.4-2.6 510s, but my improved experience using the 3.0-3.2 still holds true this morning. If you improve the wicking by snipping the wick loops, fluffing the ends a bit, and reseating the inner cup cap just a little bit higher, you may have a better experience with them.

But, as with most things vaping, everybody has their own happy place with their equipment. Just thought since you've spent the money on them and their not working for you "as is", it might be worth a shot... :)

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
You're welcome, Ice. My burnt rubber taste was all wicking related, lol! With one noteable exception -- I have 2 juices that do not like lower resistance or higher voltage. They taste burnt regardless of the carto or atty I use if I heat them up too much. Strictly the juice, though, as it's been consistent across the board.

Just another :2c:!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Unfortunately you are stuck using water thin juice with these or modding them to get them wicking properly. I am glad that some of you are having a good experience with these. I honestly see them as junk, only for the reason that straight pg juice does not vape well for me.

I guess the quality of these things varies quite abit batch to batch. But, I've been vaping 50/50 or > % of VG juice in one for over a month. So, I haven't experienced thick juice wicking problems to any great degree. Have also read that many are having problems with Cinnamon juice, and that's all I vape. I've switched to a new Clearo, because the one I was using started spinning on the batt connector. Unfortunately, the next one I grabbed was worse in that respect than the last. I'm convinced that they have changed the atty they use in Clearo's from what was in the C2R4 metal XL's. I'm going through 3 times the juice I was when using the metal version. The juice is out of the same 120 mL bottle, but I sure using lots more of it in the Clearo's. When I refill I'm only able to get 1.5 to 1.6 mL in them. Evidently I'm not vaping the wick dry. Let the evolution continue. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI
Irons,
I vape on 3.7V mostly as they are considered low resistance atty.I would recommend higher ohms for hv vaping.
Ice

Yep, I figured that out LOL, Ohms are pretty much greek to me. They are great on my box mod and rough stack.

Tons of great vapor, we have a winnah!:banana:

EDIT: Almost too much vapor, these things really kick out a dense hit!

I pulled the inner seal up so it sits right under the rubber stopper as recommended,

be careful or you will vape yourself into a coma.

Last edited:

icemangrafx

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
L.A
Hi all,
I have opened all 5 packs.Even strip off the shrink tube(black rubber sleeve) to see if this is the cause of the burnt rubber taste.Still,the burnt rubber taste is still there.It could be the wicking as mentioned before.Maybe it needs to be run in a few times.I will update later after few weeks.As far as vaping it from stock is a no go for me..
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread