Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Real Men don't buy nail polish! Just use duct tape!

J.R.

Or Bondo!

Seriously, nail polish is great for color coding as well as fixing hairline cracks. Unless you have a good supply of automotive enamels or lacquers around, nothing beats it for adhesion and fast drying time.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
so far two of my CE3's have leaked in less than 24 hours. when they started leaking, i couldn't seem to fix it even after unfilling/refilling. don't know what i'm doing wrong or if i got a bad batch, but so far i have been very disappointed :(

Usually, leaks in a CE3 are a result of a bad seal where the blunt needle penetrates the inner silicon seal. It usually happens after the first fill, but sometimes on the first fill. If air can get in through that seal, the CE3 will leak, just no way around it. Unfortunately SI doesn't sell replacement seals, at least not to my knowledge. I have heard rumors that another vendor of a similar product does though I have yet to see it. Replacing that seal is the only cure if that hole is the source of the air leak.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it, your results and mileage may vary, no warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied.

yepimonfire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, I've started using a real hypodermic needle for the first "punch through" and it seems to work better for me as well.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it, your results and mileage may vary, no warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied.

the airhole isnt an issue. i actually found a way to block off the airhole using a pin and it still leaks all over the place. i think the problem has something to do with the wicks, because the cartos continue to "bubble" when i am not vaping them and the juice then runs down the post and into the battery. i have also tried using thicker juice with better surface tension, still no luck. third one in less than 48 hours and it is starting to leak now. not happy to say the least.

Last edited:

Duster6524

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
VA, USA 'In A Holler'
the airhole isnt an issue. i actually found a way to block off the airhole using a pin and it still leaks all over the place. i think the problem has something to do with the wicks, because the cartos continue to "bubble" when i am not vaping them and the juice then runs down the post and into the battery.

If they're not in front of the holes that sure would do it. Are you a tinkerer and would consider taking it apart? Might be useful to find out if that may be the cause. Maybe the manufacture didn't get it lined up right. If you would do it and haven't seen outlaw vapors video for how to disassemble them, here is the link... Smokeless Image CE3 Cartomizer - YouTube go to about 29:30 for disassembly. Also, I forgot the other reason they could leak is if the center post is not all the way down on the wicks. Let us know if you do this and what you find please. :)

yepimonfire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If they're not in front of the holes that sure would do it. Are you a tinkerer and would consider taking it apart? Might be useful to find out if that may be the cause. Maybe the manufacture didn't get it lined up right. If you would do it and haven't seen outlaw vapors video for how to disassemble them, here is the link... Smokeless Image CE3 Cartomizer - YouTube go to about 29:30 for disassembly. Also, I forgot the other reason they could leak is if the center post is not all the way down on the wicks. Let us know if you do this and what you find please. :)
i took two of them apart and re-assembled them. the leaking slowed down, but they still continued to leak.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I've been working with just the first CE3 since Friday night, approximately 8-9 fills. On this one, after the first few puffs, it just died... nothing, sudden death out of nowhere. :(

Tried a 2nd and 3rd battery, nothing.... Battery activates and lights up but no vape at all.. Seems the CE3 died. I tried pulling the contact out a little, didn't help. Is there anything else I should try? It has been working great until this.

EDIT: I'm bummed with the death of this CE3. Did I kill it by not cleaning it out? or possibly, by vaping too much, and not letting it cool down?:unsure: I was using it to test out different flavors from ECB, all 70/30 PG/VG, but after the initial cleaning, never bothered to wash it out at all.

Last edited:

Duster6524

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
VA, USA 'In A Holler'
I've been working with just the first CE3 since Friday night, approximately 8-9 fills. On this one, after the first few puffs, it just died... nothing, sudden death out of nowhere. :(

Tried a 2nd and 3rd battery, nothing.... Battery activates and lights up but no vape at all.. Seems the CE3 died. I tried pulling the contact out a little, didn't help. Is there anything else I should try? It has been working great until this.

EDIT: I'm bummed with the death of this CE3. Did I kill it by not cleaning it out? or possibly, by vaping too much, and not letting it cool down?:unsure: I was using it to test out different flavors from ECB, all 70/30 PG/VG, but after the initial cleaning, never bothered to wash it out at all.

Bummer! :(
It could have died of "natural causes", or the coil could have gunked up and popped. You could test with a multimeter if you have one and see if the coil is still good or not. If it shows approx. 2.6 ohms (I think that's right) then I'd be at a loss to say what it could be.
Maybe somebody else will have an idea.
Sorry for your loss! :( ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I've brought a few "back from the dead" with a really heavy cleaning as in take it apart, outer barrel and air tube off, then soak the base/wick/atomizer in vodka for a few days, carefully use a dental pick to de-placque the coil, another quick soak and rinse, re-assemble and they worked like new once again. There is no guarranty though, just luck.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I've brought a few "back from the dead" with a really heavy cleaning as in take it apart, outer barrel and air tube off, then soak the base/wick/atomizer in vodka for a few days, carefully use a dental pick to de-placque the coil, another quick soak and rinse, re-assemble and they worked like new once again. There is no guarranty though, just luck.

Thanks.. Not sure if I am ready for that. I watched Mr Outlaw's video on taking it apart. After the air tube, he leaves atomizer inside the barrel and rinses with water. I am not sure how to access the coil to clean directly. I have a dental pick, but it is beyond me. I can soak it in vodka, but not sure if it is worth the attempt. Can you post a picture of the coil so I can see what you are describing?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
To access the coil easily the outer barrel has to be taken off. Just put the CE3 on a battery, preferably a dud, then grab both, firmly, and wiggle and pull until the barrel comes off. They can be hard to get off and I've used a rubber grip, like for opening jars, to keep from having to squeeze the barrel too hard. My camera died and using my cell phone camera is a pain in the .....

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
To access the coil easily the outer barrel has to be taken off. Just put the CE3 on a battery, preferably a dud, then grab both, firmly, and wiggle and pull until the barrel comes off. They can be hard to get off and I've used a rubber grip, like for opening jars, to keep from having to squeeze the barrel too hard. My camera died and using my cell phone camera is a pain in the .....

I got it, I think I can get that part off easily.... for the coil itself, i guess once I have the atomizer out, I can look and ask for guidance once I can see what I am working with tonight. TYVM awsum. For now the whole thing will spend the day soaking in water, inside and out. Since it is already dead, worst comes to worst, it doesn't work but I learn how to care for it better... and have a few spare parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread