Status
Not open for further replies.

mindshatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hey everyone I just wanted to quickly write about my experience with a product I am finding very little info on. It is the CE3 XL Clearomizer from vaporalley.com. Click Here

General Info
I know I have seen other things called CE3 but this one is very different. This is a bottom coil design with no long wicks inside. The device seals up tight once you put the included rubber drip tip on. You fill it with a syringe which I will get into a little more later. The device appears to be made well and seems durable. Mine are 2.6 to 2.8 ohm and I am vaping on a Lavatube at 4 volts.

Flavor & Throat Hit & Vapor
The flavor I get out of this thing is amazing. It has really brought a couple of juices I liked alive and turned them into juices I love. I love a good menthol as my all day. I am waiting until VapeBash to make any big juice purchases so I have been using some of my trusty old Dekang Kool. Not a great juice, but a good one that got a whole lot better in this CE3 XL Clearomizer. In the few other comments I have seen on these some people reported a breaking in period but I have not experienced that. The throat hit is good for me but I don't like a crazy strong throat hit. Vapor production is really strong with this as well. I also did not experience the plastic taste that I got with some other CE type devices.

Filling
RTFM!!! You need to fill these with a syringe (which was included in the 5 pack I bought) and you need to do it upside down. That means when you fill these the tip of the needle should be facing straight upwards. I know this is counter intuitive but it does work. If you fill it the other way you will get juice all over. Once you have filled it and flipped it back to right side up replace the mouth piece and blow it out gently into a paper towel. Connect it and away you go. I thought I would hate filling with a syringe, but it is so easy. I just put juice into a condom and use the syringe to suck it out of there. This works really well for me. Anything left over I suck back up in the syringe and shoot back in the bottle. This is so much faster than drip filling or condom filling a regular carto, and it is lot less messy as well.

Leaking
I have experienced no leaking with this device so far. When I first used it I did not blow it out first and I did get a little leaking out the battery connector, but again, that was the fault of the user, not the device.

Final Thoughts
It looks like VaporAlley.com is the only one selling these right now, at least as far as I could tell. The purchase I made was delivered quickly and I would buy from them again. I paid $10 for a 5 pack that came with a syringe and 2 blunt needles and a rubber drip tip. I have read you can use any drip tip with these but I have not tested that yet. A big surprise to me was how much I liked these rubber tips though. Very comfortable.

A definite buy from me on this one. I hope other people start selling these as well. Would love to hear from others and the experiences they have had with these devices. And also if anyone else is selling them.

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed this review.

mindshatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
Thanks. I just watched the SteelJan review and it certainly appears that these are in fact the same, or at least look identical. Her video does a great job of showing how to fill these as well. Glad to see someone else is loving these as much as I am. I am hopeful for a pbusardo or GimmGreen review of these too. Between those three reviews you would probably know everything there ever was to know about them. I am about 10 refills into this and it is just as good as when I started. This has become the only carto I am currently using, and really the only carto I want to use.

I am hopeful for a larger one that can hold 4 to 5 ml as well. That would remove any desire of having a more traditional tank with separate carto for me.

mike n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
redondo beach
OK I did say wonderful but that was based on my first one out of the box...

My second one, I am getting too much air and it is not as warm as I would like. I don't like it. But I will try a third one.

I did take apart the first one and tried to dismantle it and put it in a tank but it leaked. I took the plastic off and covered the bottom with a steel cut out from an old ce2. But no luck.

UPDATE:... 10 minutes later... I threw the 2nd one out but the third one is wonderful again.

Last edited:

maximaseefu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
My thoughts on these clearomizers. I just received these CE3 clearomizers from CE3 XL Clearomizers
I exclusively use stardust clearomizers and tank cartos because they are the best I have found. I decided to try these and from what I can see these are the same as the phoenix of steeljan notoriety. They came 5 in a pack for like 10 bucks and come with syringe and filling needle. I followed the directions to fill upside down and it started leaking as soon as I put it on my icon!! I took it off and threw it in the trash in disgust. I opened another and filled it the same way and no leak. It produces awesome vapor but flavor is very light. I filled the other 3 with different ejuices I vape regularly so i would have a solid comparison. One of them started leaking right away so I chunked it in the trash with the other. I have used the 3 good ones out of 5 switching between them for the last few hours and my conclusion is they produce massive vapor but minimal flavor. I had high hopes for these but they turned out to be pretty average at best. Maybe I am wrong and the gotvapes phoenix will be an upgraded version of the ones I got. Nothing but good things about the vendor vaporalley.com, fast shipping and good prices.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I just got mine today and at first sight I didn't like the looks of them. The poly seems thinner than the stardust and not as well made. The dinky little rubber drip tip went straight in the trash but a regular 510 drip tip works fine. I don't care for the tiny fill hole or the tiny syringe. I cant use my regular syringe to fill them.
It filled nicely after forcing the needle through the hole I could barely find with my bad eyesight. The good part is it vapes very good with good vapor and I think the flavor is better than the stardust and no dry hits. I think the bottom coil design without the wicks is the design of the future for all the clearomizers. I wanted a clearomizer with straight 510 connection that would work with my mods with cones and it does that. It looks good when you can cover most of the carto with a cone and can still tip it to see when you are low on juice. If the other four work as good as this one I will definately buy more. First looks can be deceiving and I really like it as far as the vaping part but like the stardust best for filling. I'm very happy with it overall for now anyways. I will have to see if it continues to perform as well as this first one has.
:2cool:

SIC08869

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Orlando
Gotten a few dry hits, not horrible but you can tell it wasn't as wet as it was supposed to be. Every 2 or three hits im doing a little primer puff and its helping considerably. Flavor is good, I am only using 12mg so throw hit is very light. So far this is the closest I have seen to dripping flavor to date. They were easy to fill, no leaks so far. I absolutely love it compared to a standard or dcc carto. I am really hoping the improvements from GV make these all the better. If these truly last 2 weeks this will be my go to carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread