Chain Vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Former smoker and vaper. After quitting cigarettes for good almost 2 months ago, I am back to vaping. This time however I find myself wanting it more and more so I’m somewhat chain vaping. I try to wait the 10-20 seconds but sometimes it’s like second nature to hit it again immediately. I am at 3mg of nicotine and have tried 6mg but it just makes me feel sick. I have also done a mix of the different mg and that’s a pain.

I’m curious how long you wait before taking another hit? What’s the best way to transition from the smoker mindset? How are you able to have the patience to wait to fire it up again?

Thanks in advance!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
All depends on the day, my mood, events around me, and how much coffee I've had (or not had). It's normal to chain vape especially at first on the transition off cigarettes (and that transition takes months, not weeks). Obviously more nic is one way around but if higher makes you feel sick and mixing is too much trouble you're stuck with what you have. It will get better with time. One thing that can help is limit where you allow yourself to vape. If you have to physically relocate you'll probably cut down on how often your pick it up. You may still chain vape during those breaks but at least you'll think a bit more before going to vape.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
All depends on the day, my mood, events around me, and how much coffee I've had (or not had). It's normal to chain vape especially at first on the transition off cigarettes (and that transition takes months, not weeks). Obviously more nic is one way around but if higher makes you feel sick and mixing is too much trouble you're stuck with what you have. It will get better with time. One thing that can help is limit where you allow yourself to vape. If you have to physically relocate you'll probably cut down on how often your pick it up. You may still chain vape during those breaks but at least you'll think a bit more before going to vape.

Funny you mentioned relocating. I have kids so I don’t vape in the house or in the car. Since my youngest is 6mo I have to watch her through the window so I usually take a 10 min session every 2 hrs. Which is probably why I want as much as I can get.

Reactions: smacuser

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This time however I find myself wanting it more and more so I’m somewhat chain vaping.
So what? If it's keeping you from smoking, is that really a problem?

I’m curious how long you wait before taking another hit?
I don't really pay attention. I hit it when I feel like it. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say every minute or two, pretty much all day long, unless I'm someplace that I can't, which is pretty rare. After 4 years of vaping, I've weaned myself all the way down to 13mg, but I don't feel like I want to go lower right now. I go through about 5 ml a day, so I'm definitely tootle-puffing, not chucking clouds.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Sounds like an issue with your setup. List your device, tank, coil and wattage. Someone with similar gear will be happy to help

Ok I posted this in the new members forum and they seemed to suggest it was Smok coils. But here is my setup/process:

Hi I am new to the forum but not new to vaping. I smoked for 25 yrs and started vaping then stopped and a year later went back to smoking. I have started up vaping again and have been going strong for a 2 months now. I bought the Smok procolor kit with the big baby beast tank. After I went through the coils it came with in 4 days I researched what I was doing wrong.

When I used to vape years ago you didn’t prime your coil. You simply filled your tank and waited 30 minutes then vaped. Now I am priming. I first poke 3 holes in each side cotton panel with a needle. I then put a few drops of juice on the coil, place a napkin over the top and blow into the coil pushing all the juice down. I then add juice to the cotton on the side holes and blow again. I wipe off any excess juice.

Once that is done I fill up the tank and take 5 dry hits with the airflow closed and let it sit at least 30 min. I then reduce wattage and slowly increase it over a few hours. Iusually vape around 55w. I then hit the fire button and do 5 quick hits with the airflow open. The results vary with taste. Sometimes it’s great othertimes there is no flavor. The longer I let it sit the better those first hits are. But I’m impatient so I just deal with it.

I usually vape lung hits about 2-2.5seconds long. I try to wait 10-20 seconds in between hits but I was a long time smoker so sometimes this is challenging. I feel like I am doing everything right but within 2-3 days coil is burnt. I have tried the v8, v6 and q2 coils. When I go to replace the coil the cotton is pretty white but wire is charred in some spots. I’m currently using my Tobeco mini super tank with no issues but it seems much weaker in vape production and clouds. My juices are 70/30. What could I be doing wrong?

Sorry for the long post.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
So what? If it's keeping you from smoking, is that really a problem?

I don't really pay attention. I hit it when I feel like it. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say every minute or two, pretty much all day long, unless I'm someplace that I can't, which is pretty rare. After 4 years of vaping, I've weaned myself all the way down to 13mg, but I don't feel like I want to go lower right now. I go through about 5 ml a day, so I'm definitely tootle-puffing, not chucking clouds.

Problem is I go through coils like crazy. Also on my 6ml tank I fill it back up maybe 5 times a day but I never let it get low to the cotton.

Reactions: Eskie

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Nope. I don't use drop-in coils though, I build my own. Have to dry burn and rewick probably all 2-3 weeks but the coils last for months.

I used to do this with the RDA years ago but I hated dripping and they didn’t have RTA like they have now. I’m looking into changing my tank or going to rebuildable coils for this tank but I want to ensure first that what I’m doing is not the issue.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Ah-ha! So the problem isn't chainvaping per se, it's got to do with your coils. What juice are you using?
Are you stopping to inhale the same time you let go of the fire button or do you first let go?
What atty and at what power are you vaping?

I’m assuming the coils are burning so quickly cuz I must be chain vaping. I have a few juices all fruit grape, apple and some naked ones. They are 70vg 30pg. I let go of the fire button then stop inhaling. I’m at 55w with a 70-80w coil.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I don't think you are doing anything wrong from what you are saying. Thanks for the detailed info though, that is a huge help in threads like these. Have you ever tried a set up that more closely mimics a cigarette? I'm asking because vaping worked pretty well for me until I started going up in Wattage. I kept upgrading over time and eventually got an experience that was very different from smoking - and I ended up craving cigs because of it. So then I went after MTL gear and it really helped a lot. Maybe if you slow things down a bit and you can make vaping more like smoking it would help you out. The nic you take in won't really change but that hand-to-mouth action will help. Also, for me the higher Wattage stuff was almost like gunning a quick cig on a short break. Back when I smoked I would do that and almost always want another one immediately after.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
eventually got an experience that was very different from smoking - and I ended up craving cigs because of it
That goes both ways though... I'm now accustomed to an experience that's very different from smoking and it would be difficult for me to go back. Don't think there's a rule to that.
I sometimes mtl (kf prime on 3rd hole) but it isn't as satisfying as my drippers, I mainly do it for "social reasons".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread