Chain Vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I feel like I’m getting enough nicotine I just enjoy the flavor so much I want more and more.

I just went back and noticed the above, so thought I'd post a few thoughts about it. Have you ever tried MTL vaping...pulling the vapor in slowly, holding it there for a second or so in your mouth, and then inhale it into your lungs? If you love the flavor of your eliquids, you might want to try it. Exposing your tastebuds to the vapor for longer than the split second now when you DTL, you can enjoy the flavor longer. Then, if you really want to taste it even more...try the MTN or MTM method. Afterall...there's no tastebuds in your lungs. :D

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Funny you mentioned relocating. I have kids so I don’t vape in the house or in the car. Since my youngest is 6mo I have to watch her through the window so I usually take a 10 min session every 2 hrs. Which is probably why I want as much as I can get.

Boy this thread moved fast. First issue, chain vaping. If you step outside every few hours to vape you will chain vape. When I'm in that situation of have to chain vape too so I get enough nic to hold out for another few hours.

Your coil. I use the same Q2 0.4 ohm coil as well at 40 W. I typically vape my own juice, but as of current circumstances I'm stuck with store juice. Vaping Naked 100 Unicorn which is way sweeter than anything I'll mix for myself I am getting roughly 60 ml through the coil before performance takes a hit. I could keep going another 20 ml before it becomes a lousy vape.

I can't tell you why yours is dying early but I suspect it's drawing heavily on the task when got chain vape it. After three or four big draws one after another you may very well outpace your wick, and letting it get on the dry side will decrease its lifespan. There are two solutions. When you do chain vape place a little more time between draws and take one or two unpowered draws into the mix. That will just get a little more juice in without adding more heat. The other option is to get the RBA for the tank and build your own, rewicking as needed.

You can certainly try other drop in coil tanks, but there's no guarantee they'll last any longer. Still, it might be worth the effort just to be sure.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I was down to 1.5mg and I chain vaped way too much, went back up to 3mg that helped but I was still vaping too much, went up 6mg and the TH was too much for my drippers. I diy I tried a whole bunch of nic levels and 4.1mg seems just perfect for me, I don't chain vape too much and there isn't much TH either.

If you have two of the same flavors but in different nic levels, lets say one in 3mg and the other in 6mg you can combine them to get 4.5mg.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I was thinking about going to the original crown tank. I heard it has raging reviews but don’t like the smaller tank.
Go on YouTube before you do that though theres some nice new tanks out gettin love from all the reviewers. i like Grimm, heathen, the vaping Bogan, the vaping postman, i even watch jai haze because he will brutally pick apart the device n show you how bad something really is. Heathen is cool and he stopped reviewing anything that has a baby beast coil because they are getting so many terrible reviews from people like us. him and grim green have top sub ohm tank videos that are worth watching. I think grind is named different i will grab the vid n send it your way

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Here's Grimm Greens video on some solid sub ohm tanks
Eightvape has the fireluke mesh at 27.95 and its 16.95 if you buy a box mod i ordered my dead rabbit from them got it in 2 days they are in Las Vegas area i live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania so really fast shipping as well and they probably have the others as well

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I've been vaping for over 6 years. I was a chain-smoker for many years and when I first started vaping I was a big-time chain vaper on high nic. I did not worry about it. I still vape a lot but as time went on - without even thinking about it - the morning to night chain vaping or at least the urgency or feeling like I needed it -decreased. If I am sitting at the computer for example, I tend to chain vape. if I am occupied, oftentimes I do not even think about it. With analogs I was always thinking about when my next cig would be. Sometimes I even misplace my vape at home and when I find it, I realize I hadn't vaped in an hour. I've even gone out and left my vape at home and was just fine.

So I think as time goes on and as all the other junk that is present in analogs gets out of your system the chain vaping will likely decrease.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mine decreased a lot from the beginning but I still chain vape most mornings. I have setups that I rotate, but I vape much like I smoked.... A fair amount in the a.m. and then less during the day. It also depends what I'm doing and a lot of other factors but yes, it is pretty normal to chain vape in the beginning. I do see positives to it: it reinforces vaping, not smoking, which is really what you want. If you are committed to vaping now, you could buy a backup or two and rotate them. You could look at raising your nic level some, or have a dedicated MTL setup with high nicotine that you could use during stressful times. Lots of options, which is great. You don't have to smoke.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Have you tried different Pg/Vg ratios?
High % Vg wicks slower, when chain vaping it flat out may not be able to wick fast enough to prevent scorching / burning the wicking material.

I vape 50/50 and can press & hold the fire button inhale through drip tip & exhale through nose until I hit the 30 second cutoff, release & press fire button to reset & keep going like that for minutes at a time.
Of course probably won't work well with low subohm, high watts & very short inhale type vaping.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
High % Vg wicks slower, when chain vaping it flat out may not be able to wick fast enough to prevent scorching / burning the wicking material.

I vape 50/50 and can press & hold the fire button inhale through drip tip & exhale through nose until I hit the 30 second cutoff, release & press fire button to reset & keep going like that for minutes at a time.
Of course probably won't work well with low subohm, high watts & very short inhale type vaping.

That is one hella magic trick. I've gotta try it some times.

:thumbs:

But I gotta differ. I'm a 80% chainer and mostly >15%PG, often straight VG…

Ya get the vape that you make.

Good luck. :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It isn't that we differ,,, the OP is using a replaceable head delivery device 'tank' which for the most part are famous for not being able to keep up with chain vaping, high w & high % Vg.

If she were using an RBA and a build suitable / tweaked for chain vaping & high % Vg I wouldn't have said a word.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
It isn't that we differ,,, the OP is using a replaceable head delivery device 'tank' which for the most part are famous for not being able to keep up with chain vaping, high w & high % Vg.

If she were using an RBA and a build suitable / tweaked for chain vaping & high % Vg I wouldn't have said a word.

Me too, but I'm not well known for an economy of those. :D

Good luck. :)

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA

I have a hard time finding flavors I like and the ones I do usually have 70vg 30pg

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I won't be much help with high % Vg or chain vaping. I have a sensitivity to VG that makes it impossible for me to vape over 50% Vg for more than a few vapes per day, so I use 50/50.
Which is good thing, for me, I also don't care for the sweetness Vg adds.

I'm not trying to be rude or seem unempathetic, I don't understand the attraction to or inability to control chain vaping.
All I know to say is slow down or use a slightly thinner/lower Vg liquid, maybe thin one tank full with a drop or two of distilled water to see if it helps.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I feel like I’m getting enough nicotine I just enjoy the flavor so much I want more and more.

Welcome to the club of people who hope that one day, they will make a vape mask like this snorkel mask so you never have to not have flavor.

scubamax-full-face-snorkel-mask-Big-27.jpg

I am more partial to the sleeker look though. This really would solve the vaping while motorcycling dilemma.

81yQhtKgKCL._SY355_.jpg

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Hi I am new to the forum but not new to vaping. I smoked for 25 yrs and started vaping then stopped and a year later went back to smoking. I have started up vaping again and have been going strong for a 2 months now. I bought the Smok procolor kit with the big baby beast tank. After I went through the coils it came with in 4 days I researched what I was doing wrong.

I've recently gone to a Smok TFV8 tank (TPD edition) after breaking my Procore Aires glass the other night - I must admit, after 3 days I'm really not impressed with Smok coils, flavour fluctuates, burnt the first one in 24 hours.... I've bought the chimney extension to be able to convert it back to taking normal size coils and when this one dies I'm going to try it with one of my Pro-C1 coils* - I've been using them for nearly a year and never had a single issue.... don't have to stick pin holes in them or anything like that.

*The Pro-C1 by Joytech are for my Procore Aires tank but are supposed to be interchangable with the Smok Big Baby so I'll see how I get on with that.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Welcome to the club of people who hope that one day, they will make a vape mask like this snorkel mask so you never have to not have flavor.

scubamax-full-face-snorkel-mask-Big-27.jpg

I am more partial to the sleeker look though. This really would solve the vaping while motorcycling dilemma.

81yQhtKgKCL._SY355_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread