Chain Vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It has been awhile but I remember quite clearly. An acquaintance, just before I switched, told me to keep the APV out of my line of sight when not vaping. My body will tell me if I need to vape, then take 4-5 draws and sit it back down.

Psychologically, I found the justifications, smell, cost, health, etc. to believe that smoking was the most disgusting and worthless thing to do. I don't go within 10 feet of it now.

I just developed an attitude. I am grateful for that. Gotta have attitude.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Baby beast coils are garbage anymore i stopped using the big baby beast went back to the tfv8 cloud beast bit wasnt really feeling that either sense has the best coils i hear may want to look into a different tank or maybe an rta if u can build your own coils

I was thinking about going to the original crown tank. I heard it has raging reviews but don’t like the smaller tank.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Problem is I go through coils like crazy. Also on my 6ml tank I fill it back up maybe 5 times a day but I never let it get low to the cotton.
Let's say you're putting 4ml in each time. That's 20ml a day, or 40-60 ml per coil. With flavored juice, that's not bad at all. I usually find myself wanting a clean coil after 50-100 ml of unflavored.

Inconsistent performance from factory coils was one of the reasons I switched to rebuilding way back when. Sometimes I'd get a coil that would last a few days, and other times it wouldn't last even one day, but that was with fairly heavily flavored juice too.

Reactions: Eskie

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I was thinking about going to the original crown tank. I heard it has raging reviews but don’t like the smaller tank.

I think you would be very happy with the Crown tank and you can also get a RBA head for them. I don't find mine to be too small but I can still remember dripping 3 drops at a time, usually at a stoplight. :D

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
That goes both ways though... I'm now accustomed to an experience that's very different from smoking and it would be difficult for me to go back. Don't think there's a rule to that.
I sometimes mtl (kf prime on 3rd hole) but it isn't as satisfying as my drippers, I mainly do it for "social reasons".

Right. I only bring it up because she's struggling with what she has now. If what you are doing works for you then more power to ya'.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

I have heard a lot of good things about it myself. I went with Aspire products instead of Uwell (maker of the Crown) a few years ago but, from what I gather, Uwell would have been a great choice.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Let's say you're putting 4ml in each time. That's 20ml a day, or 40-60 ml per coil. With flavored juice, that's not bad at all. I usually find myself wanting a clean coil after 50-100 ml of unflavored.

Inconsistent performance from factory coils was one of the reasons I switched to rebuilding way back when. Sometimes I'd get a coil that would last a few days, and other times it wouldn't last even one day, but that was with fairly heavily flavored juice too.

Yes. I went through 60 ml of juice on 2 coils. I just bought a 100 ml bottle of apple juice last Saturday and it has 1/4 left. I went through 3 coils in that time. I guess I’m used to how I used to vape a few yrs ago. I started with the Aspire crap setup then went to a drip system. I feel like I’m new to this again but products have changed and I need a refresher.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I don't think you need to wait 30 min with your priming routine. If you really get the wick fully saturated, there should be no need to wait more than a few seconds up to 2 min tops. Also the "five quick hits" may be too fast for the wick to stay wet.

Try this, prime your coil, fill the tank, and let it sit a min. When you vape, press the fire button AS you move the device up to your mouth, take your normal draw BUT release the fire button about a second before you stop inhaling (it still makes vapor for second or two as the coil cools). Exhale sort of slowly over a few seconds (more like a regular breath exhale), instead of blowing it out fast and hard. Then repeat when ready for the next draw. Don't worry about time between draws.

This does a few things. By starting the fire before you start inhaling, it allows a bit of ramp up and to me improves flavor. Releasing before you stop drawing on it helps prevent condensation building up and getting juice in your mouth, it also seems like it may help prevent build up on the coil extending life a bit. The slow exhale allows more time for the vapor to absorb (especially as it passes though your mouth) helping you feel more satisfied with less vapor/juice consumption. This also builds in a more natural delay, although there is no need to time it and wait any specific length of time between draws.

Let me know how that goes.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
I have heard a lot of good things about it myself. I went with Aspire products instead of Uwell (maker of the Crown) a few years ago but, from what I gather, Uwell would have been a great choice.

I also have the Tobeco super mini tank which is great but I feel like I have to hit it so hard that I run out of breath

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
I don't think you need to wait 30 min with your priming routine. If you really get the wick fully saturated, there should be no need to wait more than a few seconds up to 2 min tops. Also the "five quick hits" may be too fast for the wick to stay wet.

Try this, prime your coil, fill the tank, and let it sit a min. When you vape, press the fire button AS you move the device up to your mouth, take your normal draw BUT release the fire button about a second before you stop inhaling (it still makes vapor for second or two as the coil cools). Exhale sort of slowly over a few seconds (more like a regular breath exhale), instead of blowing it out fast and hard. Then repeat when ready for the next draw. Don't worry about time between draws.

This does a few things. By starting the fire before you start inhaling, it allows a bit of ramp up and to me improves flavor. Releasing before you stop drawing on it helps prevent condensation building up and getting juice in your mouth, it also seems like it may help prevent build up on the coil extending life a bit. The slow exhale allows more time for the vapor to absorb (especially as it passes though your mouth) helping you feel more satisfied with less vapor/juice consumption. This also builds in a more natural delay, although there is no need to time it and wait any specific length of time between draws.

This I will definitely try. Question though when I did my normal priming and not let it sit it literally had no flavor. It kinda tasted dry but not burnt by any means. If I prime too much on coil I get leakage. I’m gonna try it your way and see how it goes. Thank you.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
This I will definitely try. Question though when I did my normal priming and not let it sit it literally had no flavor. It kinda tasted dry but not burnt by any means. If I prime too much on coil I get leakage. I’m gonna try it your way and see how it goes. Thank you.

Ok this is a new coil in a tank that sat for hours but I just hit it how you described and now I’m coughing lol. Am I hitting it to hard.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Ok this is a new coil in a tank that sat for hours but I just hit it how you described and now I’m coughing lol. Am I hitting it to hard.

I am not sure how hard you are drawing on it. The pre-heat step may not be needed for you. You can either try the same steps with a bit lower wattage or maybe skip the pre-fire step and start the inhale as you normally do, just do the rest starting with releasing the fire button 1 sec before you stop drawing on it and the slow exhale.

One other optional tip. Some people say that exhaling through your nose also increases absorption so you feel satisfied faster. I personally don't like doing this b/c it makes my nose feel wet. Feel free to experiment with this or not.

tym64

Jul 30, 2017
The questions I have, your chain vaping. Do you feel like your not getting enough Nic, or do you Feel like your set up is just not the same feeling as your Cig??

What I did, is I set down with my set up, lit a cig, then compared how it felt compared to the cig. There could be countless reasons your chain vaping. I would start with, ok, my set up comes super close to how a cig feels to me. Once you get that done, and you find yourself still hitting it way to much, up your nic content.

I am a mouth to lung, found that the baby beast, wide open, q2 coil cranked up to around 50 to 55 gives me the closest feeling to how a cig hit. I started with a nic content of 18 mg, and I just now dropped to 12, see how that goes, if it fails, its back to 18 I go.

Another thing, is learning how to vape correct. Vaping is not a cig, you wanna take your time. Take it slow, Take it in, hold it in your lungs for just a bit, then when exhaling, blow most the smoke through your nose, it will improve the taste, and they claim the nose can absorb the nic better. It take a bit more for the body to absorb the nic from vape. So keep that in mind. Nice, Slow, take your time, hold it in your lungs a bit, exhale slow, through the nose mostly.

So imho, the first step, try and get your set up to come as close to the feeling you get with the cig the best you can. Is it warm enough?? Are you getting the lung hit you need??? Let us know.

One final thought, with vaping out side in the cold, now that can be tough. YOur bringing in cold air, and its not gonna ever come close to smoking a cig outside. So try and keep your mod as warm as possible. It may be you really need to crank up your wattage to get that warm feeling while out side. Just a after thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: listopencil

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Kittyntwinstarz - I'm not familiar with the Big Baby Beast, so I don't know if this info will help you at all or not. If the Big Baby Beast takes the same coils as the Baby Beast, it might though.

A neighbor who's a good friend of mine works part-time at a local vape shop. Right before New Year's Day, I told him that another friend with a Baby Beast was having trouble with his Smok coils, and was going through them like crazy. (I also told him what ohm coils and at what wattage my friend vaped.) Neighbor suggested I tell him to quit using the Smok coils in it (which he said were giving many people trouble), and to use the Eleaf HW4 0.3 ohm coils in it instead.

Friend has been using those coils for more than a month now, and he's thrilled at how well they work and how long they last. Said the vape is much better and he's sure using far fewer coils.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
The questions I have, your chain vaping. Do you feel like your not getting enough Nic, or do you Feel like your set up is just not the same feeling as your Cig??

What I did, is I set down with my set up, lit a cig, then compared how it felt compared to the cig. There could be countless reasons your chain vaping. I would start with, ok, my set up comes super close to how a cig feels to me. Once you get that done, and you find yourself still hitting it way to much, up your nic content.

I am a mouth to lung, found that the baby beast, wide open, q2 coil cranked up to around 50 to 55 gives me the closest feeling to how a cig hit. I started with a nic content of 18 mg, and I just now dropped to 12, see how that goes, if it fails, its back to 18 I go.

Another thing, is learning how to vape correct. Vaping is not a cig, you wanna take your time. Take it slow, Take it in, hold it in your lungs for just a bit, then when exhaling, blow most the smoke through your nose, it will improve the taste, and they claim the nose can absorb the nic better. It take a bit more for the body to absorb the nic from vape. So keep that in mind. Nice, Slow, take your time, hold it in your lungs a bit, exhale slow, through the nose mostly.

So imho, the first step, try and get your set up to come as close to the feeling you get with the cig the best you can. Is it warm enough?? Are you getting the lung hit you need??? Let us know.

One final thought, with vaping out side in the cold, now that can be tough. YOur bringing in cold air, and its not gonna ever come close to smoking a cig outside. So try and keep your mod as warm as possible. It may be you really need to crank up your wattage to get that warm feeling while out side. Just a after thought.
I am not sure how hard you are drawing on it. The pre-heat step may not be needed for you. You can either try the same steps with a bit lower wattage or maybe skip the pre-fire step and start the inhale as you normally do, just do the rest starting with releasing the fire button 1 sec before you stop drawing on it and the slow exhale.

One other optional tip. Some people say that exhaling through your nose also increases absorption so you feel satisfied faster. I personally don't like doing this b/c it makes my nose feel wet. Feel free to experiment with this or not.

I feel like I’m getting enough nicotine I just enjoy the flavor so much I want more and more. I’m doing direct lung with q2 .4 now with airflow open. Sometimes I inhale hard for a second or slower for 2.5-3 seconds. I am trying to find the right way for me. I just tried to fire first then inhale but I started coughing I even lowered the wattage to 40.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
@Kittyntwinstarz - I'm not familiar with the Big Baby Beast, so I don't know if this info will help you at all or not. If the Big Baby Beast takes the same coils as the Baby Beast, it might though.

A neighbor who's a good friend of mine works part-time at a local vape shop. Right before New Year's Day, I told him that another friend with a Baby Beast was having trouble with his Smok coils, and was going through them like crazy. (I also told him what ohm coils and at what wattage my friend vaped.) Neighbor suggested I tell him to quit using the Smok coils in it (which he said were giving many people trouble), and to use the Eleaf HW4 0.3 ohm coils in it instead.

Friend has been using those coils for more than a month now, and he's thrilled at how well they work and how long they last. Said the vape is much better and he's sure using far fewer coils.

Oh really I had no idea you could use a different brand coil. Yes the 2 tanks use the same coils. Maybe I should start there before looking into another tank. Thank you!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Take it slow, Take it in, hold it in your lungs for just a bit, then when exhaling, blow most the smoke through your nose, it will improve the taste, and they claim the nose can absorb the nic better. It take a bit more for the body to absorb the nic from vape.

There are quite a few of us who never draw the vapor into our lungs at all, so I guess we'd be MTN or MTM. However, we still definitely get our "nic fix". We pull it into the mouth, and/or maybe slightly down the back of the throat, hold it there a second or so...then exhale through our nose and/or mouth. The cheek lining cells, and the mucous membranes of the sinuses and nose, readily absorb the nic in vapor.

I've personally been vaping that way for more than 4 years, but there are others on ECF who've been vaping like that for much longer. I've never even craved a cigarette, even though I'm a Tootle Puffer (low wattage vaper) at no higher than 7mg nic in my eliquids. I previously smoked 1 - 1.5 PAD for 42+ years, too, and had tried nearly every other method to quit...until I discovered vaping! :thumbs:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I feel like I’m getting enough nicotine I just enjoy the flavor so much I want more and more. I’m doing direct lung with q2 .4 now with airflow open. Sometimes I inhale hard for a second or slower for 2.5-3 seconds. I am trying to find the right way for me. I just tried to fire first then inhale but I started coughing I even lowered the wattage to 40.

In my experience MTL seems to be more flavorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread