Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Help with a CIII!!

Is there
a) A trick to putting the AFC RING back over the o-ring
or
b) replacement for that little o-ring?

It got too hard to turn the AFC, so I cleaned everything - including taking the ring off.
It will NOT go back on.

Tried over and over, and by now I'm guessing that o-ring needs replacement - I removed it, cleaned it, lubed it - doesn't matter, the AFC ring simply pushes it out of it's groove.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
No luck for me - no matter how careful, the oring get's pushed out...
Mark - exact size on that ring?
I suppose it will work o-ringless - I run it with the AFC full open now anyway...

I've had no problem, with a little juice on o ring and a twisting motion with a bit of pressure to the AFC ring

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
maybe. on the first run even if you remove the airflow ring completely the airflow is still what it is, the limitation is going to be the restrictions between the walls. the ring itself was not the limiting factor

I missed this Turbo, Mark also increased the holes on the chamber top, and it definitely has increased airflow.

I duplicated the the changes on the first run C3, and it now performs the same as the new one.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Definitely top notch. Just got mine today. It's jewel-like compared to my other atties (Cyclones and Nuppins).

I don't know what possessed me to grab piece of 2x30 twisted wire I had laying around and wind a 1.15 ohm coil though, cause that was pretty "Meh". I pulled that out after just a few hours and did 0.75 ohms with a single strand of 26. Much better, but not sure if it's quite there yet. I should probably try some 2x28 or 3x30 twists, but I think I'll give this build a chance to break in first.

What I've never understood is why the Chalice looks so dang tall when it's on a mod by itself.

QkH8947.jpg

I suppose the slimness combined with the "hybrid" drip-tip give that appearance, but in the end, it's really not any taller than my other atties with their drip-tips:

GwiPG1X.jpg

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Vapin Art has Chalice lll replacement screws in stock now for anyone interested. They were out of stock last week when I was looking for some but I ended up on their website a few minutes ago and there they were. So now I can rest a little eaiser when rebuilding my 3s in case one of those screws disappears on me. :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I got 3 III's to go with my CII about 10 days ago (and bought 3 new Reo Mini 2.1's for the III's). Can't seem to put any of them down, they are getting almost all of my vape time. Even figured out how to get acceptable lung hits on the III's without slipstreaming like I do on the II. I started with different builds in each of them, but compounded it by using them to try new jooose in that I have no experience with. So I'll need to figure out what each joose likes, then will have to put them down one at a time to rebuild as needed for the joose it'll run.

I'm thinking about getting 3 or more III's for some of my Woodvil's too. Bought some extra post screw caps for the III's from the vendor mentioned above, but they still have not shipped them yet.

chalice4.jpg

Last edited:

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
I've had mine for a while and it's a beautiful piece. I'm having challenges getting the flavor out of it compared to my Cyclone.

I'm running 27ga on a 3/32 bit, 6 wraps @ 1Ω in between the posts.

Any help would be appreciated.
Play a little bit with the height of the coil!
I have it 1mm above the upper side of the thread.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have three of these now, and they're all I want to use. Best atty ever. I really, really like the change over from the centered zig-zag coil to the side coil. So much easier for me to change the coil. Real piece of art, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread