Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Hope is still next week!

Chalice III

This is a bottom feeding atomiser, the third version of the Chalice and can be used also for dripping.

OD: 13.9mm
Height: 27.7 mm (exluding drip tip and 510 conection)

Chalice III is composed from five distinct parts:

1. The base contains:

- 510 connection
- removeble feeding bar plated with silver (if some how the juice floods the interior of the base a 2mm hex key can be used to remove the feeding pipe and allow the base to be washed an cleaned
- the + and - posts are now diffrent from the previous versions, are threaded and also on top of them the nuts are the ones that will fix the wire.
- same curved surface under the posts (for the excess juice to go back into the feeding bottle)
- the wick and coil will not be placed like before between the post, now the coil will be facing the air hole and you can play with its position the way you like for more vapor, more flavor, TH, etc.

2. The middle cap:

- is the cap which screws on top of the base
- it is engraved with the "Chalice III" logo
- on its upper part has 3 air holes
- on the lower inside part of it has the 2mm hole that will provide the air for the coil

3. The top cap is made from 2 parts:

- the polished ring for AFC
- the adapter for the drip tip

4. The drip tip;

- OD: 9 mm
- made from to parts polished (the upper part) and satin
- it holds two orings

And now few pics with how we like to buid the coil and wick for Chalice III:

All we want you to know about the new Chalice is that it performs way better then the previous version.

Thank you,

Should get my first Chalice 3 next week. In doing some build homework for this RBA, many builders seem to prefer using very short tail wicks, just reaching the bottom deck, as opposed to these photos showing what seems like a ton of cotton with some of it going under the coil and passing over the bottom centered feed hole. Any opinions?

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Should get my first Chalice 3 next week. In doing some build homework for this RBA, many builders seem to prefer using very short tail wicks, just reaching the bottom deck, as opposed to these photos showing what seems like a ton of cotton with some of it going under the coil and passing over the bottom centered feed hole. Any opinions?
Just try them both out, find what works best for you. Certain people prefer it one way, others swear by it the other, just give it a go, nothing wrong with trying different ways out and tweaking

THE WGU CLUB

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Just try them both out, find what works best for you. Certain people prefer it one way, others swear by it the other, just give it a go, nothing wrong with trying different ways out and tweaking

THE WGU CLUB

Thanks, just looking for various opinions from experienced users so I have a starting point.

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
Thanks, just looking for various opinions from experienced users so I have a starting point.
In my experience, I find the shorter wicks work better for me. The longer ones tend to cause a bit of gurgling when I squonk. YMMV. The good news is that cotton is cheap [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well it looks like my Reo Mini 14500 and Chalice 3 will be in my hands this Monday. Just for fun I re-read every post in this thread again. THANKS to all for your input and knowledge sharing. Going to prep a coil for the C3. Since some caution is needed for a build on a Mod with a 14500 battery, I've read as much as I could on the subject. Since I've only built close contact coils for my first RBA the Egrip device, I'll stick with the Coil Master for now, later I can play with tension winding on a pin vise, a hotly debated topic, as well as contact versus spread coils, more experimenting down the road.

Have to start somewhere, so this will be the first installed coil on the new Chalice 3.
29 gauge Kanthal, 6 wraps, 2mm Coil Master mandrel, 1.2 ohms. Single close contact coil, Japanese cotton, short cut wicks.

Steam-Engine Specs:
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Hoping to find the sweet spot for flavor, and long lasting 14500 battery life. In the near future I will attempt to see if I can notice any difference in a tension wire build, as well as trying spaced coils on a screw, or spread by hand off coiler. Wish me luck! THANKS to all.

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
Hi there,
We are forced to close this thread, we are limited to only 2 threads open and we need to open a new thread for our new RTA called GEM ... so we have to close this one :(.
If needed every one can get in contact with us on PM or our wizard evolved thread.
Thank you for understanding.
MB Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread