Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
So now that the frenzy is over, who is still loving them? I really want one for my VV, any one feel like talking me in or out of it?

My main concern is a mess of a catch cup. I was using a fat 306 tip for a while, and always had the excess build up outside the tip in the juice well. I find this with most atties tbh. Does the chalice send the excess juice down the tube, or outside it in the cup?

Thanks people!

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
Yes, I'll second that, I'd buy it again for the price, even if my wallet would howl. Actually, I will buy another one when they become available again. They are thoughtfully built for bottom feeders, and work very well.
The REO juice well isn't dry, though. It will see occasional use, just like with every other atomizer.

By the way: I tried to fit it on a metal 18490, but it did not fit by a hair. The positive connectors _just_ didn't make contact. On my Grand and Woodvil VV that is no problem.

@Robert: could you add that half a millimeter needed to make it fit?

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Yes, I'll second that, I'd buy it again for the price, even if my wallet would howl. Actually, I will buy another one when they become available again. They are thoughtfully built for bottom feeders, and work very well.
The REO juice well isn't dry, though. It will see occasional use, just like with every other atomizer.

By the way: I tried to fit it on a metal 18490, but it did not fit by a hair. The positive connectors _just_ didn't make contact. On my Grand and Woodvil VV that is no problem.

@Robert: could you add that half a millimeter needed to make it fit?
You can use a gasket under your atomizer this should stop any juice from entering the well . When I do another run of 18490s I will make some adjustments

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
The chalice is AWESOME ...... (If anyone is unhappy with theirs PM me pleeezzee) :D

The only bad thing is its made most of my REOs lonely ..... because I only have 1 Chalice therefor I'm only vaping 1 REO

Its that good its at least 2X better than any other production atty including Ciscos and HH357s
I'm getting 2 more as soon as I can find them again ....

The vape is amazing .... the flavor even better .... super easy to make a coil .....

Win Win Win ..... I've only found one thing I think vapes better but that doesn't pertain to a REO so it doesn't belong here.

Go for it if you can find one.

Oh and Chris is correct the catch cup doesn't stay completely dry but you can over squonk the bejeezus out of these and never have more than a mild coating in the cup ..... never spills out.

And never ever gurgles :)

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
In regards to the catch cup staying dry I've found that if you just give it a few seconds after squonking any extra juice is sucked back into the bottle. If you draw too soon it can break the suction. My catch cup usually stays dry and clean.

Well I always give it more than a few seconds after I let up so not sure thats the answer.
Mine becomes moist after a few days of use. Maybe its condensation or something and not even juice.
I do know its never become a problem.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I am still loving mine. Last week I put an io6 on, and I could not keep it there for only a few puffs. It was just no comparison. No way I can turn back to premade attys again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm the same way I have 10 Cisco 306 attys that were in rotation now they are just sitting in my clean rack ...
I also have 5 REOs that I've cleaned out and are sitting empty .....

Cant wait to get 2 more chalice atomizers so I can get the REO force strong again.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I have the Chalice, ERA and an A7 on my Reos.

The Chalice is by far the cleanest in terms of catch cup, but it just takes a little getting used to for either one and I've only had on 'spill' from the ERA. The Chalice is the most forgiving to over-squonking though.

With a some practice, they are all easy to coil, but the ERA beats them all with ease of set-up because the coil wires both slip in from the same direction. The Chalice and A7 require you to do this little zig-zag dance to get the coil centered.

I find the flavor and vapor to be equal on both ERA and Chalice. The A7 comes in third place on all counts, but it still beats out any disposable atty I've tried.

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
A subjective question, if I may.

I have 3 ERA's on my REO's, the Mini is the exception, and I'm very pleased with their performance, especially after I enlarged the air intake. Is the Chalice so superior that it world make the monetary expenditure, not to mention the emotional turmoil of finding them worth it to switch over?

All these RBA's are starting to cut into my ...... budget.

Jack

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
A subjective question, if I may.

I have 3 ERA's on my REO's, the Mini is the exception, and I'm very pleased with their performance, especially after I enlarged the air intake. Is the Chalice so superior that it world make the monetary expenditure, not to mention the emotional turmoil of finding them worth it to switch over?

All these RBA's are starting to cut into my ...... budget.

Jack
As far as how they vape the chalice and the era are the same . Were talking bare bones basic here

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I have the Chalice, ERA and an A7 on my Reos.

The Chalice is by far the cleanest in terms of catch cup, but it just takes a little getting used to for either one and I've only had on 'spill' from the ERA. The Chalice is the most forgiving to over-squonking though.

With a some practice, they are all easy to coil, but the ERA beats them all with ease of set-up because the coil wires both slip in from the same direction. The Chalice and A7 require you to do this little zig-zag dance to get the coil centered.

I find the flavor and vapor to be equal on both ERA and Chalice. The A7 comes in third place on all counts, but it still beats out any disposable atty I've tried.

Awesome post, thank you!

I'm not concerned about the setup, it's very similar it seems to my Odysseus and Penelope, I love that I can use materials I already have for this. I'm sold now I think lol, time to get a chalice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread