Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Okay so all of my drawings are piss poor but here's a general concept:
Topcap: bell cap shaped. Elevated 510 connection with 2 intakes milled through at a 45° that sit over the coils leading to the space beneath the extended 510 connection at the top. Also standard 510 air hole.
Side airflow:
Chamber: reduced, intake system on the chamber would be two press fit pipes on each side aimed directly at the coils that extend to the lip of the juice well (walls of the juice well would have indentations for the pipes to rest in. (If side airflow is an option)
Bottom airflow:
Deck: 45° angled pipes that extend to the top of the juice well rounded off at the top to sit directly under the coils. They do not extend to the bottom of the deck, that would be too leaky. Instead, press fit into the sides of the deck, with a raised lip to prevent leaking. 2 post 4 post hole design for easy building and centering of coils over (or next to) intake pipes. Think Petri sized juice well but extended at the base. Air pipes come from the sides of the deck not the bottom.
It's hard for my ideas to translate on paper. But all of them include a reduced chamber/ bell cap shaped topcap, and airflow extended into the body aimed directly at the coils.

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
To me.. getting the best flavor out of the juice depend on a few key points.

1) First, you gotta know what juice you gonna vape. There is a big diff for a VG stronger juice and PG stronger juice. And menthol / mint base juice or cream base juice.
- You wanna go lower wattage/volt for menthol/mint base juice as it will mask the taste of the juice if its too hot.
- For cream/milk base juice i find it better with sub ohmn high watt/volt as it produce thicker/denser vapor thus giving it a richer taste
- But for VG stronger juice, you might wanna build a bigger Dia coil (so that you can stuff more cotton) with a lower watt/volt as it burn much faster thus more painting / changing of burn cotton
- Micro coil/twisted coil (sub ohmn) burn/heat up faster, idea for PG thicker juice.
- Clapton coil heat up slightly slower thus more giving on high VG juice. Also good for menthol/mint base juice as it will not give an overwhelming menthol/mint throat hit.

So i have a few RDA set at a diff build for my diff day vaping needs. Just my two cents hope it help :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have put a thinner drip tip on something and it has increased the flavor, I believe it is condensing the vapor. Strange but even with the clt v2 plus and velocity I can get great flavor out of and they are not reduced chamber, yes I do have to restrict the airflow to achieve this.

Drip tips matter! Just for sh... and giggles, I am going to (sooner or later) get a 2Wind RDA because it has 1) direct-to-coil airflow and 2) becasue of the drip tip. I had mentally "designed" a tip like that and when I saw that RDA I just had to consider it. It may be of no consequence to the vape, or even worse, it may hinder it, but I have to see.

2-wind-rda-rebuildable-atomizer-silver-2.jpg

So it is a series of thin chambers providing what I imagine is a bit of a medium-open draw with the saturation of flavor from a draw with resistance.

Last edited:

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Lately I've gone back to my Freakshow Mini and my newly acquired Derringer Tobeco Clone, both with twisted single coils wrapped around a 1/8 drill bill in them, both are currently reading 0.7 ohm and wicked with rayon. I get the best and most comfortable vape out of these in the 25-35 watt range. These reduced chamber attys give me the best flavor with this type of set up.
I've messed around with lower resistance builds at higher wattages, and in my opinion the flavor isn't much better or worse than what I use now. A low resistance build at a higher wattage is going to burn up more juice at a quicker rate, this in general is going to produce more flavor. But you have to do more of lung hit and have your airflow more open to accommodate the higher heat of the build, so you are also adding more air to the vape which is taking away from the overall flavor. So as far as overall flavor goes, one cancels out the other, which is why I say the flavor isn't better or worse to me, generally speaking. You will of course, get bigger vapor production.
Since I don't care about cloud chasing, and I'm more of a mouth to lung hitter at heart, I've migrated back to the higher resistance builds (which for me is in the 0.5-0.8 ohm range) at lower wattages (25-40 watts). I feel like I get just as good flavor, plus I am burning up less juice and battery life in the process.

Reactions: jhhollier

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I agree drip tips definitely make a difference. I have one off a Plume Veil clone that is a fairly standard 5.7mm at the bottom out to 10mm at the top. I've A/B'd it against other more conventional tips and the flavor is definitely better.
I noticed that when I pull hard on it, I get a subtle vibration against my lips at somewhere in the 10-20 hertz range. My guess is that there is some sort of vortex being generated in the tip. At a stab, I would say that this move from high to low pressure would cause the air to roll the same as in a mushroom cloud. Why this would cause an oscillation, or better flavor I cannot fathom.

Reactions: kformeck

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Modish metal works leroux v2 drip all the way; after spending well over $100 on quality drip tips this is my go to. It's short and has a bore size that is either normal or slightly tighter than a standard drip tip. I personally hate wide bore drip tips, I never get the same flavor as using a short, tight drip tip.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread