Long Island, New York
05efc29146b0652fba1e6a082d760e10.jpg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I don't care if it a controlled environment or a hand held electronic device if the USB port breaks it is USER Error.

CuqMUS7WIAA0BUE.jpg
I guess my error is owning a phone while showing up for work then.

Try bouncing down the highway 11 or more hours a day and needing to plug in a micro usb port from time to time.

Tapatyped

Reactions: DaveP

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I guess my error is owning a phone while showing up for work then.

Try bouncing down the highway 11 or more hours a day and needing to plug in a micro usb port from time to time.

Tapatyped

In New York they have this VERY expensive ticket for the offense called Distracted Driving or using an Electronic device while driving. That actually would classify for one of those tickets. Takes less time to pull over and do it safely then to fumble around and possibly cause or be involved in an accident. Sorry can't agree with that example especially since I was rear ended at a Red Light by a young person Texting...............

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
In New York they have this VERY expensive ticket for the offense called Distracted Driving or using an Electronic Device while driving. That actually would classify for one of those tickets. Takes less time to pull over and do it safely then to fumble around and possibly cause or be involved in an accident. Sorry can't agree with that example especially since I was rear ended at a Red Light by a young person Texting...............
LOL

You think THAT is the threat you have to worry about from a big truck.

And that a cop would bother one for plugging in his phone.

I'll tell you a little secret.

The real threat is hours of service regulations vs. deadlines vs. sleep.

That same threat that eliminates many truckers options of stopping for menial tasks that distract them.

There's no time to make your deadline often times otherwise. ;)

The same threat that caused the Wal-Mart trucker to rear end Tracy Morgan's limo.

He was forced to stop for 10 hours when he wasn't tired and still had a deadline to meet.

So after 10 hours of not sleeping, he had to start his 14 hour shift.

"Technically" you can't fire a driver for not getting in the seat at that point.

BUT let that driver not make his appointments because of it, and he won't have a career let alone a job.

Happens every day. A LOT every day.

Tell you what. You let me know if you EVER see a tractor trailer stop to plug in his cell phone and I'll concede if I have reason to believe you.

Sometimes we just have to accept that we live in the real world.

I don't condone using the cell while driving. (Without hands free capability)

But when it needs to be plugged in, it just has to happen.

We get check calls, load info, have to check in and often even text information from brokers, dispatchers, sales, safety, operations managers, etc. ALL THE TIME.

And if we don't answer or respond immediately, we get fined and/or docked pay.

That's just how it works in reality.

And yet many of us are easily at 500,000 to 6,000,000 miles without an accident.

Through every terrain and weather type with the hardest to control vehicles on the interstate.

And yet 80% of our accidents are caused by someone in a 4-wheeler. (The easiest to control vehicles.)

I stand by what I said. And I do what I have to do. ;)

Tapatyped

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
"Don't leave batteries charging unattended" is a "rule of thumb" and it does have a valid background in vaping. In the earlier days of vaping, most of the accidents came from batteries catching fire while charging. Of course those were not 18650's in an intellicharger, they were cigalikes or egos plugged into $.25 no name chargers. I trust my i2 not to fail, but I still don't charge if I'm not going to be around in case something happens. I would not trust a no name single 18650 charger that happened to be included with my mod to charge unattended. So, as a general rule, don't charge unattended if you can avoid it, unless you have full confidence in your equipment.

It's much easier to say "don't charge unattended."

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
"Don't leave batteries charging unattended" is a "rule of thumb" and it does have a valid background in vaping. In the earlier days of vaping, most of the accidents came from batteries catching fire while charging. Of course those were not 18650's in an intellicharger, they were cigalikes or egos plugged into $.25 no name chargers. I trust my i2 not to fail, but I still don't charge if I'm not going to be around in case something happens. I would not trust a no name single 18650 charger that happened to be included with my mod to charge unattended. So, as a general rule, don't charge unattended if you can avoid it, unless you have full confidence in your equipment.

It's much easier to say "don't charge unattended."

I agree. In 7 years of charging everything from Joye 510 cig-a-likes to eGos to modern mods with 18650's, not once has a battery hissed or exploded. Still, I don't trust them to charge unattended. It's the 1% chance that I'll get a dud that makes me overly cautious.

The less you use your homeowner's insurance the lower the rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread