Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I think if i end up investing in a mod, im going for the VAMO. $50 sounds reasonable enough for a tried and true device. Can you reccomend a vendor with fair price?

Also is your VAMO finish stainless or chrome? It looks so good with the AGA!

Mine is chrome. I didn't get a stainless steel one so I don't know how one of those would look with the Aga-T+. As Clearo-Mizer said, the Aga-T+ does match the chrome Vamo very nicely. Chrome can be a fingerprint magnet - but the one in my photo has been used heavily since I bought it around 3 months ago and still looks good.

The cheapest deal on a chrome Vamo right now is at Exhale vapors - for $37. They are listed at $40.98 and there is a 10% discount with coupon code February10. However these are pre-order, and they say this on the site "We are accepting pre-orders at a reduced price on VAMOs in Chrome and Chrome Black. These are $37.98 before shipping. These will arrive by February 28.".
VAMO Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

That will be because they sold out and there will be a delay in the next batch arriving from China due to the Chinese New Year holiday.
I looked at some other vendors but they are out of stock - the Vamo is popular. So you'd probably get one in about ten days if your put in a pre-order with Exhale Vapors.

Last edited:

Starik

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
Us
ysu4ysev.jpg
LOL

Nick_bautista

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
LOS ANGELES
To reiterate Kiwi, that AGA is VERY heavy! I mean VERY heavy!
Also, RBA's are not for the faint of heart! There is a HUGE learning curve involved in getting them set up, I'm still fighting with them, but my buddy can come over and wrap a coil like nothing? I just don't want you to think you are doing something wrong if you can't get it working right away! I know I'd have quit vaping if I'd had started out with RBA's and nothing else!
People like the mechanical s because of the simplistic nature of them. Easy to repair, little to go wrong with them and nothing to limit the power from the battery to the coil of the atty.
I've no idea how some of these guys are vaping .8 ohm coils! at 3.7v .8 ohms that's 4.6 amps at 17.11 watts! To me, that's flat cooking juice and all but short circuiting the battery! You wont get much battery life like that either!
Just a little more food for thought.

Vaping noobie here! What awg would the kanthal have to be to get that kind of resistance with say a 1.875 inch of coil? And theoretically how long would an 18350 battery last if you were to leave your house in morning and stay out the whole day?

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Vaping noobie here! What awg would the kanthal have to be to get that kind of resistance with say a 1.875 inch of coil? And theoretically how long would an 18350 battery last if you were to leave your house in morning and stay out the whole day?

This is all theory mind you!
I do a 5/6 wrap with 32ga Kanthal A1 on my AGA-T and DID clone, I hold right around 2.2ohms with that setup and I really like the flavor I get with my VV set at 3.7v, some may want more.
So plugging those numbers in we get, 6.2watts and 1.7 amps of draw.
The AW's I use are rated at 700mah, you can get 18350's up to 1300mah, but I've no idea how good they are! The consensus is 1 hour for 100mah. Which coincides with the 6hrs I get from my Provari, figuring in the 15% loss of the regulation circuitry.
Start lowering the resistance of the coil to 1.7ohms, it will be hotter at 8.1watts and draw 2.2amps, so on a mechanical that's probably going to get you the 6hrs I get with my losses, maybe a little less.
Drop it to 1ohm or less, figure 3hrs or so of useful run time.
Again, this it theoretical YMMV!

Nick_bautista

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
LOS ANGELES
This is all theory mind you!
I do a 5/6 wrap with 32ga Kanthal A1 on my AGA-T and DID clone, I hold right around 2.2ohms with that setup and I really like the flavor I get with my VV set at 3.7v, some may want more.
So plugging those numbers in we get, 6.2watts and 1.7 amps of draw.
The AW's I use are rated at 700mah, you can get 18350's up to 1300mah, but I've no idea how good they are! The consensus is 1 hour for 100mah. Which coincides with the 6hrs I get from my Provari, figuring in the 15% loss of the regulation circuitry.
Start lowering the resistance of the coil to 1.7ohms, it will be hotter at 8.1watts and draw 2.2amps, so on a mechanical that's probably going to get you the 6hrs I get with my losses, maybe a little less.
Drop it to 1ohm or less, figure 3hrs or so of useful run time.
Again, this it theoretical YMMV!

Thanks! that helps a lot

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Hello all,

Total newbie here. I made the switch to vaping after near 6 years of analogs (since I was 14) and absolutely loving it, so does everyone around me since my clothes dont stink of smoke any more :)

I went through the usual process:

First week, couple of analog style disposables
Second week, bought a 510t kit with pcc and a passthru; added in some LR atties

Third week, the atties get too hot to chain vape, so i bought a vivi nova and a mini, with an ego twist and a VV ego style passthru.

Now im fairly happy with the nova on my ego, but every now and then the flavor is diminished, some heads go bad on me. Right now im vaping gorilla juice on my mini nova but it tastes nothing like i remember from the first time. Both times i steeped it thet same way in an Ultrasonic cleaner for a good amount of time

I rebuilt a couple of the nova heads and it was really satisfying to see the first coil i built working right. I got so excited i just ordered an AGA-T2 and some oxidized ss mesh to build my first Genesis style atomizer

Now here are my questions

Can anyone post a picture of an AGA-T2 sitting on an ego with a type C collar cone? Id really like to see how that looks. Also, how would such a setup perform (given the AGA is set up decently well?)

If an ego wouldnt work well, should i upgrade to a mechanical mod? If so, could anyone reccomend a cheap mech mod that looks good with the agat2? Imstill in college so all my vape budget is from on campus jobs, which is like $50 a week and some of it has to go into juices as well as other college student stuff.

Cheers,

K.
saw some mechanical's on discount vapers for those on a tight budget. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread