CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Did that start on refilling? If some liquid was still in it and you added more, sometimes liquid that is still in the coil will run down into the airhole when you unscrew it. It will drip or run out through the mouthpiece. That happened to me once. I just emptied the remaining liquid into an empty bottle (didn't want to waste it) and rinsed the T3 and bottom part out. I used another T3 while that one air dried. When I used it again, it was fine.

Also, you can get condensation that builds from unvaporized liquid... meaning when you draw the vapor up and the button is still pressed, it will quickly liquify and drain back down the airhole. Sometimes there's some gurgling. If that happens, take the T3 off the battery and clean the post and threads and it will be ok. Another thing, after filling the T3, wipe around the thread area because liquid can pool around the rim and when you screw the bottom back on, the puddle will ooze out and it appears to be leaking. Now I check all this before putting it on the battery and haven't had this happen anymore. Hope this helps a little. There is a learning curve with these things... but it gets better the more you use them.

Mid vape, half way through the tank and "boom", started leaking all over the place.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Mid vape, half way through the tank and "boom", started leaking all over the place.

Oh my! Sorry Lizzie! Sounds like there might be a crack in the tank. I believe Awsum gave a suggestion on the T3 thread about how to look for cracks because someone there had major leaking like that. Don't throw it away though... maybe keep some of the o-rings or seals as replacement parts.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Oh my! Sorry Lizzie! Sounds like there might be a crack in the tank. I believe Awsum gave a suggestion on the T3 thread about how to look for cracks because someone there had major leaking like that. Don't throw it away though... maybe keep some of the o-rings or seals as replacement parts.

Well, worse things have happened. I love the T3s. I don't see any cracks. Maybe I'll try a new head on it and see if that leaks.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry to hear about the T3s, I was going to pull the trigger and buy some, but me thinks I will wait. My Nano's are still working OK, no leaks or cracks and I have cleaned them several times (carefully and not boiling). BTW, Tail11 sounds like she lives right next door to me. I have a rental house next door and they never rake leaves until Spring. By that time the winter winds have blown 80% of their leaves onto everyone else's property. I know the landlord personally and have spoken to him many, many times to no avail. The renters are traveling show people and are seldom home, so this year I raked most of their leaves into piles on the lawn and when it rained, they kind of compacted and now I hope they will not blow around so much.

Mrs. Wabbit is feeling much, much better, so we soaked in the hot tub (which we haven't done in awhile). Very relaxing and soothing. Now I am ready to settle down for a long winter's snooze.

Good Night everyone, sleep tight

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
Sorry to hear about the T3s, I was going to pull the trigger and buy some, but me thinks I will wait. My Nano's are still working OK, no leaks or cracks and I have cleaned them several times (carefully and not boiling). BTW, Tail11 sounds like she lives right next door to me. I have a rental house next door and they never rake leaves until Spring. By that time the winter winds have blown 80% of their leaves onto everyone else's property. I know the landlord personally and have spoken to him many, many times to no avail. The renters are traveling show people and are seldom home, so this year I raked most of their leaves into piles on the lawn and when it rained, they kind of compacted and now I hope they will not blow around so much.

Mrs. Wabbit is feeling much, much better, so we soaked in the hot tub (which we haven't done in awhile). Very relaxing and soothing. Now I am ready to settle down for a long winter's snooze.

You should give the T3's a try Rabbit. I love mine. I did glue two of the air holes shut and it's not so airy any more. I've not had much luck with nanos. They burn up too quickly for me.

My neighbors are home all the time and have their son and daughter in law living with them. There are plenty of able bodied folks to rake the yard. What kills me is the father is .... about his car. He washes it every day. Seems to me if he took so much pride in a car, he'd have a little for his yard!

Sleep tight Rabbit!

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
You should give the T3's a try Rabbit. I love mine. I did glue two of the air holes shut and it's not so airy any more. I've not had much luck with nanos. They burn up too quickly for me.

My neighbors are home all the time and have their son and daughter in law living with them. There are plenty of able bodied folks to rake the yard. What kills me is the father is .... about his car. He washes it every day. Seems to me if he took so much pride in a car, he'd have a little for his yard!

Sleep tight Rabbit!

OWN is the magic word! He OWNS his car, but he doesn't OWN his house... he rents. To him that's the difference. It's a shame but that seems to be the way some people think.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD

Just buy one and a replacement head. You won't have to boil it... just rinse, fill & vape. Most people adjust to it like you adjusted to the nano... like me too. I adjusted to the draw by blocking a couple of holes with wax... not bad really except for my nemesis... the tip :facepalm:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

I am glad Mrs. Rabbit is feeling better.

Really, I have about 8 of them in use so one leaking probably shouldn't deter you. I really like the T3's. If you try it you will probably like it.

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Here's Whisper in her Harley jacket. I did have a leather vest made, still looking for a picture. This is my old bike that she's standing on. Her box is behind her on the back seat.
View attachment 165426 View attachment 165427

And one more of her on my current bike:
View attachment 165431 [/QUOTE]

Now that is what I call one Bad As* puppy!!! I know a little late on the thread posting, but seriously love the doggy jacket.... I showed my biker boss. He saw the first pic ... thought the dog was HUGE, (seemed it was the trick photography ;) )showed him the second pic and he giggled. Still even he thought the dog looked good!!!
----carry on ---- hehe

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle

Sleep tight Rabbit!

Sounds to me as though the people your neighbor wants to impress aren't the people that would be coming anywhere near his home....wonder how his wife feels about that?

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for the coffee Lizzie, I made a little (real stuff not computer coffee LOL), had a little breakfast and now heading off to church. Nice warm 52 degrees here, which often happens in late Dec and Jan here on the Central East Coast.

I would order some T3s except I have spent a ton of $ on "stuff" in the last three months. It is not like I am strapped for cash, but I wasted a lot of $ on DIY and it has not worked out for me, so reordered my favorite juices from EC Blends and Heavenly Vapes.

I really do not "need" anything else to be satisfied and I am trying to behave myself rather than just buy new toys. Eventually I will move up to either a Vamo, ProVari, or if I win the lottery a Caravella (LOL).

I hope everyone has a plesant day ENJOY GODs GIFT TO YOU

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Sounds to me as though the people your neighbor wants to impress aren't the people that would be coming anywhere near his home....wonder how his wife feels about that?

That might be so, but some people are just unconscious. I think if Tail11 asked them very politely to rake their leaves and explained how not raking them causes a problem, maybe the people would wake up and realize it was important when they never knew what trouble it was causing if they didn't rake the leaves. I'd at least start by giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they just didn't realize, before attributing more selfish motives to them.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
When it comes to leaves, the wind has it's way no matter how much raking. bagging and mulching get done. If they blow into my yard from my neighbors, his yard is getting the same treatment from the upwind yard. To me, it's a never ending task, at least until late spring-early summer. I live in a rural wooded area and have tons of trees in the yard, next door on all three sides and across the street so it doesn't matter how much I rake, they always re-appear after a while. My biggest complaint is the amount of limbs and twigs I end up picking up. I've got a pile that's a six foot cube, or maybe a little bigger, just from October on. I've got to buy a chipper!

When I got up this morning and looked out the window we had gotten about an inch of snow overnight. When I took Bo out, at about 7:15, it was starting to warm up with the sunrise, there was absolutely no wind at all, and a light mist or fog formed. It looked really nice, visibility was still about a mile, but the mist with the snow in the trees, softened everything and made a really nice, beautiful, quiet morning. Wish my camera hadn't bit the dust!

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
When it comes to leaves, the wind has it's way no matter how much raking. bagging and mulching get done. If they blow into my yard from my neighbors, his yard is getting the same treatment from the upwind yard. To me, it's a never ending task, at least until late spring-early summer. I live in a rural wooded area and have tons of trees in the yard, next door on all three sides and across the street so it doesn't matter how much I rake, they always re-appear after a while. My biggest complaint is the amount of limbs and twigs I end up picking up. I've got a pile that's a six foot cube, or maybe a little bigger, just from October on. I've got to buy a chipper!

When I got up this morning and looked out the window we had gotten about an inch of snow overnight. When I took Bo out, at about 7:15, it was starting to warm up with the sunrise, there was absolutely no wind at all, and a light mist or fog formed. It looked really nice, visibility was still about a mile, but the mist with the snow in the trees, softened everything and made a really nice, beautiful, quiet morning. Wish my camera hadn't bit the dust!

I love that ground mist that comes off snow. In fact, I took a picture of it one time when I was on my way to the barn to see Penny early in the morning.

IMG_0002_zps84920b2e.jpeg

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
QUOTE]

I had a 5 HP Craftsman chipper/leaf grinder for years, and it finally died (did not owe me one cent). They are wonderful for making mulch and save on bagging or hauling away leaves. If your budget and yard are sufficiently large, I would recommend one of those covered carts with a grinder that pull behind a riding tractor. My yard is not quite large enough to expend $1000 or more on one of those, but they are convenient. Since I had 29 trees taken from my front yard and 45 from my back lot, I do not have a lot of twigs anymore, but tons of leaves still from surrounding lots.

No snow yet here on DelMarVa (Eastern Shore of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia for those out of our area) but you know very well it is coming south soon.

Catch you all later, after a small lunch and a big nap :laugh:

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
That might be so, but some people are just unconscious. I think if Tail11 asked them very politely to rake their leaves and explained how not raking them causes a problem, maybe the people would wake up and realize it was important when they never knew what trouble it was causing if they didn't rake the leaves. I'd at least start by giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they just didn't realize, before attributing more selfish motives to them.

Several neighbors have asked. He says he'll do it, but never does. Next year I'll go down and clean up the sidewalk and street to keep the leaves from flowing into the storm drain. Perhaps if he sees that, it might spur him into cleaning up his yard. If he would ask what I'm doing, I'd explain the drainage issue. I assume that he just doesn't put it all together.

When it comes to leaves, the wind has it's way no matter how much raking. bagging and mulching get done. If they blow into my yard from my neighbors, his yard is getting the same treatment from the upwind yard. To me, it's a never ending task, at least until late spring-early summer.

He doesn't have the wind effect from neighboring yards because their trees are nothing but mistletoe. Those leaves don't fly much, just drop to the ground ready to infect something else. Mistletoe is just awful and I can't imagine why people want to kiss underneath a parasite! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread