Choices choices choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
I am uncertain what to do. The Provari is very nice from what I read, but does not look real impressive to me. The Darwin is unique, but seemingly impossible to find in stock. And then there is the GG. I love the way the GG looks, and it sounds very impressive. I haven't found an unhappy person that has any one of the devices. How does one make up their mind???

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I am uncertain what to do. The Provari is very nice from what I read, but does not look real impressive to me. The Darwin is unique, but seemingly impossible to find in stock. And then there is the GG. I love the way the GG looks, and it sounds very impressive. I haven't found an unhappy person that has any one of the devices. How does one make up their mind???

Easy, just go buy a Buzz Pro. :)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Just read reviews and narrow it down, is vv important to you? Personally I would highly recommend going VV it just makes things so much easier. Of the three you listed the GG is not vv.

If you want the most bells and whistles get the Provari or Darwin. If you want a well built simple mod the Infnity or Buzz pro are awesome choices. If you're on a budget and want to try vv tube the Lavatube is a good option although the Infinity pro isn't that much more and a better option imo but the LT does give you more feedback with settings through the meter if that's something important to you.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
If you want a VV, a L-Rider also known as Lavatube, Cylon, Varivolt and other names is a good choice. You can buy one in the 70-80 dollar range and has most of the same functions as the more expensive VV PV's. It has a nice led that allows you to read your voltage and it is very easy to change voltages with one push of a button.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Just read reviews and narrow it down, is vv important to you? Personally I would highly recommend going VV it just makes things so much easier. Of the three you listed the GG is not vv.

If you want the most bells and whistles get the Provari or Darwin. If you want a well built simple mod the Infnity or Buzz pro are awesome choices. If you're on a budget and want to try vv tube the Lavatube is a good option although the Infinity pro isn't that much more and a better option imo but the LT does give you more feedback with settings through the meter if that's something important to you.

I agree with that about reviews- but be careful too. Some of the reviewers that are posting glowing reviews only had the pv (or it was given to them) for a day and a half. That's how I got roped into the ego-T.

I'd read reviews but also read the subforum of the vendor selling them. See if any problems keep cropping up. Or ask someone who's opinion you respect, like Nomoreash!

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
You make a good point, even I try to get as in-depth as possible when reviewing, but I usually only take about a week to use the device before it's time to write the review. I have had a couple of things that went south after the review was out and had to post a sheepish note in the comments section :)

I agree with that about reviews- but be careful too. Some of the reviewers that are posting glowing reviews only had the pv (or it was given to them) for a day and a half. That's how I got roped into the ego-T.

I'd read reviews but also read the subforum of the vendor selling them. See if any problems keep cropping up. Or ask someone who's opinion you respect, like Nomoreash!

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
I haven't tried VV quite yet. I will be trying it soon though. My order from Madvapes should be here today or tomorrow. I have all the parts to build a VV box mod. Figured it was the cheapest way to play with voltage and see if that is what I truly want or not. I really want a quality device that will give a more consistent vape than my Ego battery does. Right now I am using Bud Sapphires on it. I have had carto tanks, straight cartos, dripped on bridgeless attys and regular attys. The battery is the part I am lacking right now, and that I know. But I have the oppurtunity to basically buy whatever I like, so I want to tak advantage of that. It don't come often for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread