Citric acid in a tart & flavor booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
I wanted to try Loranns Tart & Flavor Booster, but was a little concerned about the ingredients. On ecigexpress, it did not have the ingredients listed, nor is it listed on that separate sheet that list all ingredients for all their flavors. Contacted Ecigexpress and they said it is made with citric acid and water.

On ecigexpress for this product, it says: " unique flavor enhancer that adds zest to candies and baked goods. Designed to be used in conjunction with other flavors," but then does give a recipe for e-cig juice.

There were a couple of reviews, but none that helped with my questions of:

1. is safe to vape with citric acid; and
2. will it harm my atomizers?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I am staring at the bottle now the stated ingredients are citric acid, malic acid water sodium citrate. The effect lasts longer than just using lemon juice. I agree with Hoosier, nothing in the flavoring or additive category we vape has been proven safe. If you prefer to go more natural some people use apple cider vinegar or regular vinegar instead. The reason I prefer this at this point is its odorless and doesn't modify the smell of the base.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Safe is a Relative Term.

How much Citric Acid were you planning on Using?

Is it Safe for your Atomizer? Probably. Is it Safe for a Clear Tube like a Tank or a Vision? Probably Not.

BTW - I think Citric Acid is about 3.5 ph. And I believe that Acedic Acid (Vinegar) in 5% Solution is about 3 ph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread