The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Clash Of The Titans: Zmax or ProVari?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by madmartyr72, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rem700

rem700 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2011
    Mn
    Oh thought I might mention I still have the 2 Provari and 3 vtubes and use them all but usually end up with a Provari in my hand most of the time.
    Almost forgot I picked up a egoV about a month ago that I use quite a Bit on the go.

2. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    haha wow rem, thats a lot of variable voltage mods. don't you like fixed volt mods? In the event of an e cig ban I'd rather have a couple good mods, maybe a provari, but I'd definitely want a mod I can rip apart and trouble shoot too.

3. rem700

Jul 29, 2011
    Mn
    Dont much care for fixed voltage since finding VV. To much variance in carto/atty etc and I can tweak to taste with VV, Fixed there is no option accept switching carto/atty and most cartos go +-.2ohms so thats upto a .4variable between the same resistance carto.

4. rem700

Jul 29, 2011
    Mn
    Should such a ban happen I will use my VVs until they puke and then maybe switch to fixed.
    On another note does anyone know if the electronics on my VVs will withstand a EMP.:vapor:

5. jimzilla

jimzilla Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2012
    So. Floriduh
    Don't know if this shifts the equation but the Zmax v2 dropped to $90 on MadVapes (no affiliation) plus another 10% off automatically added at checkout currently. This v2 version also adds VV RMS to the menu for those who don't set to VW. This deal clinched it for me and one is on the way (I can hardly wait).

The ProVari is top quality but the momentum is toward VW and I expect they will eventually adopt it in a v3 to remain technological leaders (and hopefully offer a v2 to v3 upgrade). Either ProVari or Zmax should satisfy so there is no clear wrong choice; follow your preference and desires.

6. bonedark

bonedark Full Member Verified Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    I just dropped close to 300 dollars on a provari kit with the two normal batteries and charger, and the extension cap and two 18650 batteries. I told my old lady how much I spent and she thought I was crazy. She does not vape and does not understand my new obsession/hobby. I showed her the site page and explained that this is one device I should be able to count on, especially with the 2 year warranty. Hopefully I am right. It was a little freaky to spend that much money, but I am hoping it is worth it, not that she would understand. I would like to try a Zmax to try out the VW. I keep seeing that they are dropping in price, but it makes me wonder if this is because a new version is coming out. I did a calculation after my first month vaping (started in late August this year) and I had saved thirty bucks compared to my smoking habit. Now if I was to do the math with all the e liquids I have been buying in bulk, and new clearo's, cartos, and tanks, and now an itaste mvp and the provari, there is no way in hell I will ever come close to saving money. But I am cig free and happy and much healthier, and I want to get more stuff. I am trying to not be interested in the zen stuff, but I may be making a purchase soon. Vaping is my new friend. Ok, too much rambling.

7. halo_and_horns

halo_and_horns Full Member

Feb 2, 2010
    ohio
    Was lucky enough to win a gold Provari v2 from catskill mtn. Vaporstore.... now I know why the Provari is so talked about!.... Belive the hype!!!

8. Steelvap3

Steelvap3 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2012
    DHARTI
    GOD ^ Mera number kab aayega???!!

9. dingo1799

dingo1799 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2012
    IL
    in all actuality, once you find a setup you like, works for you, and get good at maintaining/using it, you WILL see savings. you're not going to go every month and buy a $300 provari rig, or buy a new zen every 2 weeks.

10. cra59

cra59 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    East Berlin, PA
    I have the vmax and like the person said in the post it hits hard wow like someone els said it goes to the hospital sometimes : thats wy I just ordered a provari yestorday for a nother 50 and with the warrenty that came with it I just wish I would have done it sooner

11. NocVision

NocVision Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Michigan
    Sigelei ZMAX has the OLED Display. OLED = Win.

12. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    So the Zmax wins because it has an OLED screen?
    That's a great reason to buy a device:facepalm:

13. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    I have both a sigelei zmax and a provari. The display on the provari is actually easier to see. The zmax OLED isn't really any more useful or better than the provari screen. Quite frankly, the evic has the only OLED screen that really utilizes the advantages of being OLED.

Another reason besides all others to buy the provari, you can sell it for almost what you paid a year later. That zmax is not holding it's value.

14. NocVision

Jan 13, 2013
    Michigan
    Yeah. LoL .

I personally like the cleaner look of Sigmax's OLED compared to the provari's.

15. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Will you still be saying that 2 years from now? OLED has ONE fatal design flaw and thats susceptibility to liquids.

Fancier and newer isnt always better....or more reliable.

16. NocVision

Jan 13, 2013
    Michigan

I agree with you. Heh, we'll see.

17. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    No mention of actual performance in your "critiques" I notice.
    Do you think the quality of vape is better in the Provari or Zmax?

18. NocVision

Jan 13, 2013
    Michigan
    Nope, was just commenting my opinion on the display. :D

19. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Agreed, there are some older models who last through years unbeaten!

20. jxc0175

jxc0175 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    First, I would just like to say whatever keeps you off the analogs is GREAT!!! That being said, I haven't had any luck with Chinese mods myself. It took me a while to put up the money for a Provari, but once I did I bought another one the very next week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.