Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I have a problem with something I purchased in the classifieds and before I take any action, I wanted to see if someone more knowledgable than myself knew what I should do.

I recently bought a Gus off of the classifieds (mech mod) and hadn't heard anything for a few days after sending payment through Paypal. This morning I got this message:

"Sorry everyone my husband was put in ICU on Sunday 6/9/13. Please if you have not revived a tracking number all we can assume is it did not ship. I have no way of figuring all my husbands sales/trades out. So please if you did not receive tracking file a refund with PayPal and it will be issued. My husband love vapeing and this community. Sorry to everyone. And thank you"

My question is - is this the best way to resolve this - me filing a claim with Paypal? I "gifted" the money to the seller if that makes any difference. I've never had to do anything like this before so any advice is appreciated!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I don't really have an answer for you.

It's really quite a situation. Mainly if you do contact Paypal they are going to hassle your b/c they have a no e-cig policy.

On the other end, you could try to contact this person but I'm doubting you'll have any luck.

And what do you mean "gifted" this money?

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
If you gifted the money you might not have a claim unless you provide Paypal with that email. But it mentions e cigs and since the seller is not supposed to sell e cig stuff. You can try claiming you didn't know anything about an e cig ban. I won't gift money I will offer to pay the little charges instead. I doubt you have an recourse thru Pay Pal. It could be a true story about ICU so explain to wife she needs to simply cancel and refund the money.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
Since you gifted it (which is against the rules btw) you will have to try and contact them for a refund since paypal doesn't do disputes for gifted money. I do hope you either get your mod or money back but at the moment there isn't much you can do besides possibly do a chargeback from your bank.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
It sounds like to me, the wife is trying to do the best she can. With your spouse that ill, ecig sales are the last thing on your mind. I would give her some time and understanding. I think she will make things right for you.

to me, it sounds like the wife has no idea about vaping/selling vaping. but, having gifted the money :)() I doubt there is any recourse except to wait and hope the seller recovers and eventually sends your item. (of course we hope he recovers anyway!) this is the exact reason you are not supposed to gift money on the classifieds. if you gift money you should assume you just gave the money away...........
I've told my husband to call a vaping friend of mine if I keel over, she can come on the forum and disperse my equipment. she would also be able to understand if I sold stuff or not. just my little "when I keel over" plan.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
to me, it sounds like the wife has no idea about vaping/selling vaping. but, having gifted the money :)() I doubt there is any recourse except to wait and hope the seller recovers and eventually sends your item. (of course we hope he recovers anyway!) this is the exact reason you are not supposed to gift money on the classifieds. if you gift money you should assume you just gave the money away...........
I've told my husband to call a vaping friend of mine if I keel over, she can come on the forum and disperse my equipment. she would also be able to understand if I sold stuff or not. just my little "when I keel over" plan.

Forgetaboutit Cags....
You ain't going nowhere for a long, long time !!!
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread