Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I placed an order last night with no issues, but...

Notice--PayPal payment method will be suspended for most e-cigarettes items: FastTech Forums

Notice--PayPal payment method will be suspended for most e-cigarettes items

Dear valued customers,

We're very sorry to inform you that PayPal officially revised the Acceptable Use Policy regarding e-cigarette related products, transactions involving most of the e-cigarette products will be prohibited from now. Other payment methods such as cryptocurrencies and gift cards are not affected. Non-e-cigarette products on our website are also not affected.

Paypal claims that e-cigarettes belong to activities requiring approval. But the fact is there is no way we can get the pre-approval after confirming with Paypal.

We are currently connecting with new credit card payment processors and will try to get them online asap.

At the same time, we will keep communicating with PayPal at all times. Once there are any further updates of this policy, we will make an announcement.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause, and thank you all for your understanding and continued support.

Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service if you have any questions, as we will be very happy to assist you with anything you need.

Best regards,

fasttech Team

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    Well, there is a workaround. Just buy a gift certificate and use it for ecig purchases. I just went to their gift card page and you can use Pay Pal to buy them. They are good for 5 years and they are currently adding 5% to the gift card amount until 10/29.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is all true. But you aren't protected using either of those methods.

But if that's the way it has to be then so be it. I won;t buy any electronic items from FT anymore because they have given me the run-around wit their DOA guaranty (in the process of a headache with them as I type this).

All I buy personally now is stuff that isn't likely to be DOA so the only thing I have to contend with is is wrong items shipped or no items shipped.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just loaded up a cart full of stuff and I was able to get to the paypal payment screen as usually. One item even had the word "E-Cigarettes" in the title.

So I thought, hmmmmm. Let me see. I remembered that the FDA got on Uwell's :censored: for the Caliburn and sent them a warning letter.

So I added a Uwell Caliburn to the cart and lo and behold, no paypal payment allowed...

XzOGGhN.png

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I just loaded up a cart full of stuff and I was able to get to the paypal payment screen as usually. One item even had the word "E-Cigarettes" in the title.

So I thought, hmmmmm. Let me see. I remembered that the FDA got on Uwell's :censored: for the Caliburn and sent them a warning letter.

So I added a Uwell Caliburn to the cart and lo and behold, no paypal payment allowed...

XzOGGhN.png

I imagine that things might be somewhat Hit or Miss for awhile on what Can and Can't Not be processed.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Well, there is a workaround. Just buy a gift certificate and use it for ecig purchases. I just went to their gift card page and you can use Pay Pal to buy them. They are good for 5 years and they are currently adding 5% to the gift card amount until 10/29.

Or you can buy something not prohibited (similar amount), cancel your order and request a refund in the form of FT gift card. Just do it right away, before they start processing your order.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018

XzOGGhN.png
    So this effects even Paypal prepaid Mastercards?

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So this effects even Paypal prepaid Mastercards?

Probably not. All that is is a credit or debit card that is branded with the Paypal logo. As long as a store takes mastercard directly, it will work.

These paypal bans and restrictions are about transactions made that require the buyer and seller to have a paypal account in order to actually make the purchase. With a card, you don't have to log into your PP account to make the purchase and a vendor doesn't need a paypal account to accept it. It's just a card like any other.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    I might have to look into that. You can put money on the dbit card using your paypal linked crdit card?
    Yes. You transfer money from your PP account to the prepaid Mastercard and use it as a credit card. I've been doing it for years.

On another note I placed an Order from 3F tonight, using my PP account directly, and it went through fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread