Cleaning atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
OK. I *thought* I was a pro at cleaning atomizers; had a method that worked well for the regular mini brands. I'm having a devil of a time getting my Sidesho MV ones cleaned, tried flushing with alcohol, hot water for over 5 minutes, and even burn off method afterwards but only using the stock MV battery and not getting it to glow or anything.

I vape sweet and medium colored juices, so I'm sure my vapor reduction after a week MUST be clogged atty. Before I invest in a sonic cleaner and a manual battery for super burning, any other ideas for the *MV* atty?

I've now ordered an SS atty too, is it a self-cleaner by chance? :)

Last edited:

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Just realized I have one of my first attys is finally on its way out...gave it a thorough cleaning, and it just doesnt produce as much light (or vapor) as my other attys. It still works, just poorly. Safe to say, it was probably the one that saw the most duty, next to my SS.

Not bad for an original 902v2 atty I bought in January! one of the first two with my initial 902 kit. It probably has been cleaned badly until I learned how to properly do it. Oh well, first one into the "unused" pile. 1 down out of five. (I was starting to think these things lasted forever!)

...then I pulled out one of my spares...holy clouds, batman!

Damn, I love 902s

** Update: **
HOT DAYUM! Took a chance, gave that nearly dead atty a good thorough alcohol soak followed with a blow-out (dried the outside, put the cart end in my mouth and power-flushed alcohol out the battery end). Saw more residue come out than just soaking alone.

Primed it, first hit: Vapor is back, just like new!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread