Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
This information is from the Sedansa Tips page, which I have translated:

Dry-smoking

Dry smoking is a technique you can use if your e-cigarette is not giving out as much vapor as usual. This is usually because the atomizer is flooded with solution.

Simply take out the mouthpiece and remove the white nicotine-solution depot. Place the mouthpiece back again without the depot and take a few puffs. The job is done when the vapor lessens.

DO NOT overdo this, as you risk overheating the atomizer and breaking it. If, after the steam lessens, you still are not getting a good fix, you might need to perform a deep clean.....

Thorough cleaning

Remove the mouthpiece, depot and battery and wash the atomizer on each side with clean water, then blast the water strongly through the unit.

leave to dry for a day or two and never use cotton wool, tissue or similar to dry the atomizer. You may, however, use a hairdryer.

When dry, put the unit back together with the cartridge in place and start using it. The first 5-15 draws will be quite weak, but then it will start smoking strongly.

SJ

UncleMidriff

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
I rinsed mine out, and then blew into the battery end like my life depended on it for a good 10 minutes (not constantly... I did take a breath every now and then :) )

I thought about leaving it to dry overnight, be then decided, "What the hell... let's stick the battery on the thing and start puffing." I did that a few times until I stopped getting any plain water vapor. Then I dripped a few drops of the good stuff, and all was right in the world again.

EDIT: I've only done that once so far, and I don't plan to do it again unless things start tasting funky.

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
leoford- dunno if you've read my posts on doing very similar only with soaking in hydrogen peroxide. Whiel it soaked, I remove it from Hydro- blow out the excess- put back in hydro swish around so it goes al through atomizer, let soak abotu 15 minutes- take out, blow excess out till no more comes out- rinse with warm water, blow that out, rinse again- repeat till nothign coems out- then I just stuck them right in the atomiser, primes it with juice- puffed about 20-30- times without inhaling till the last remnants of hydro taste left- then primed it again, stuck cartridge in immediately, and it's been workign great ever since- I didm't even allow to dry first- just used it straight away as I figured the atomizer was goign to just be rewet with the juice anyways & the heat from the atomiser woudl dry up any remnant water quick enough & everythign would get lubed with the juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread