Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Hello peeps...
I know they say we shouldn't pulse the stainless coils very much and I wonder how u guys clean the coils for a rewick??

I usually pulse them a bit and rinse with water 2times or something and they are cleaned..
Are u guys do the same with stainless?
Until now I pulse it lightly and rinse but takes many times to clean cause I don't pulse it much..
I was thinking tho that maybe it's still bad to pulse the SS coil many times to clean it...
What u guys do??

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello peeps...
I know they say we shouldn't pulse the stainless coils very much and I wonder how u guys clean the coils for a rewick??

I usually pulse them a bit and rinse with water 2times or something and they are cleaned..
Are u guys do the same with stainless?
Until now I pulse it lightly and rinse but takes many times to clean cause I don't pulse it much..
I was thinking tho that maybe it's still bad to pulse the SS coil many times to clean it...
What u guys do??

I Don't clean Coils much anymore. I just plug a New Coil in.

But when I do, I have one of these where I cut about about 2/3 of the Bristles Off.

s-l1600.jpg

These Stainless Steel Brushes are made to go into a Rotary / Dremel Tool. And you can find the Cheap on e-Bay or Amazon.

I do a Quick n' Dirty Dry Burn. Then a Rinse while giving the Coil a Light Brushing. I find they work Better than a Firm Toothbrush.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I pulse my ss tricore fc coils with 14w, to a dull red, repeat until the black is gone then rinse with water then pulse a couple times to dry. I diy and don't use much sweetener so usually 2-3 pulses is enough. If you are using sweet juices or custards you might want to pulse a couple times then rinse; repeat until black is gone. If you are using single wire builds I'd personally just wrap another coil like Zoid does.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    • Useful
    Reactions: Superuser187
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread