Clearo or Carto????

Status
Not open for further replies.

daillewe

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Hey guys, kinda new to all this vaping thing, and im kind of confused (honestly havent got a clue!)

I've recent purchased a Smokers Angel Halo Ultra tank setup, which I believe is basically an ego clone. Simply its a battery and clearomiser (from what i've gathered its a 510 battery with a ce5 rebuildable clearo). I've been considering buying a new clearo tank, possibly one of the Vivi Nova's, but have been advised that I may want to try a cartomiser system instead.

Now having had a chat with chief999, I believe i kind of have a grasp on how each system works, but want to get a picture of the general consensus before i go blowing my pay on something i may end up regretting in the long run!

So, any advice or suggestions or what to buy???

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello Daillewe and welcome to ECF.

You'll get many answers to your question here--we all have our favorite 510 setups. I'm a big fan of the Kanger BCC (bottom coil changeable) lineup. I've tried them all and I like them all. I recommend you try a T3S, an eVod or a mini ProTank 2. They are all eGo threaded and will mount flush on you batteries.

I'm not a fan of top coil clearomizers like the CE4 and 5 or the Novas, but many people like them. But this is just my opinion--they all work fine if you know how to use them correctly.

Good luck!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Welcome daillewe...

Is this a Euro/UK brand?? I love the way these companies take common devices, rebrand them, then don't bother to mention that they are, in fact, common... to keep new users from realizing they have options other than that brand.

From what I can see in photos, you do have an ego/510 battery. That means any popular clearo, glassomizer or carto (or carto tank) with a eGo or 510 connector will fit your battery. Keep to the common resistance values (2.0Ω-3.0Ω), and you'll be fine. Recomendation? Ha ha ha... follow the trends for your battery type. :)

daillewe

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Thanks for the advice guys!

I've kinds figured that it was random rebrand, since every bloody shop around here seems to be seeing they're own versions (all of them with 510 fittings) so its just a matter of finding whats right for me i guess lol

The three CE5's i got with it are alright, but they seem to be a bit......flimsy..... I've noticed that the entire center section on one of them keeps leaning to one side, which I found was due to the tank coming away from the fittings (and at less than a week old!)

Im intrigued by the whole BCC system as it seems like its probably a less wasteful way of vaping and doesnt have need for the stupid wicks (that have already got caught up in the threads on reassembly!)

Now i just need to find a decent site from which to purchase a new tank - be it glasso, clearo or carto!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
If I was looking at a tank at your level of vaping, I would go with the Aspire Vivi Nova BDC tank. The reviews on it are great, supposed to put the protank to shame. I used to use a Protank, and was happy with it, and like bottom feeders. Tis mainly why I went with a Kayfun style rba. So when I saw the Aspire dual coil bottom feeder, was tempted to try one. But once I started doing re-buildable atomizers, I'll never go back. lol. The Aspire are only $9-$10 so worth the gamble for the promised performance. They have a changeable head, so one can keep it running good till they decide to move on.

Like was said, everyone has their favorite style, all atty's have their weaknesses and strengths. The trick is to find what you like best.

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
It's not that expensive to buy a tank, clearo & carto for your 510 type battery. That's what I would do. I started with Ego C vv batteries, 1 EVOD bottom coil tank & an iClear 16 clearomizer and was very happy with both. I later purchased a KR808 kit for stealth vaping at work and it came with cartomizers which are a P.I.A. for me. I quickly added several mini clearomizers to my KR808 setup. I kept the cartomizers are only for emergencies or sampling. They're cheap so if the juice is skunky--in the trash the carto goes. I might be able to save the juice, though--LOL!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Thanks for the advice guys!

I've kinds figured that it was random rebrand, since every bloody shop around here seems to be seeing they're own versions (all of them with 510 fittings) so its just a matter of finding whats right for me i guess lol

The three CE5's i got with it are alright, but they seem to be a bit......flimsy..... I've noticed that the entire center section on one of them keeps leaning to one side, which I found was due to the tank coming away from the fittings (and at less than a week old!)

Im intrigued by the whole BCC system as it seems like its probably a less wasteful way of vaping and doesnt have need for the stupid wicks (that have already got caught up in the threads on reassembly!)

Now i just need to find a decent site from which to purchase a new tank - be it glasso, clearo or carto!

Hello daillewe , Welcome to ECF

so what ya got for sites ? do you have some there your looking at or are you going to
go with shipping across the big pond ?
I ask because it seems I never find sites that I can point to with say you while trying to
make suggestions...

these are about the most popular
- Kanger eVod Clearomizers
and this is what you replace for maintenance
- Kanger ProTank & Evod Coil Replacement **5 Pack - 2.2 ohms

Kanger bcc :)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle

Mmmm... practically everything will have a "stupid wick". Where the wick is, how much and it's intimate relationship with the coil are the important bits. The outside container is... just a bloody container.

A glassomizer is just a fancy clearomizer with a larger, typically glass (hence, the name) tank that can be disassembled and cleaned... these are represented by the Kanger Protank, Anyvape Davide and Vision glass Vivi Nova.

Clearomizers are represented by Kanger T3, EVOD - iClear 16, and their various clones and variations. Clearos come in bottom coil, top coil and dual coil variations... the latter you want to avoid because most require more battery power than you currently have. All of the above use replaceable, disposable coil head assemblies.

A carto is a self contained, vertical wire or single or dual coil atomizer. It can be used alone as a dripper, or when fit into a "carto tank" (which is just a container again)... is intended to support extended use of a carto.

So... everything is an atomizer. A clearomizer is what you have. A glassomizer is a fancier version of what you have. A carto is self contained, inexpensive and disposable. In fact, other than RBAs and RDAs, everything is, to a degree, cheap and replaceable.

Have I left anything out? Yes... tons. I'll write you a book, but you'll have to pay me first... or wait for another post to fill in the blanks. :)

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I started out with an egoT and a ce4..than a ce7?, coil isn't easily removed but tank is. I had a lot of people around me constantly in a sanitarium-like place, and cartomizer tanks were the main thing used, so I was able to try them before I decided to get them. I started using that after I got a VariVolt PV..If I got an ego C or spinner instead, I'm sure the variable function would still work, but the battery would be toast..so at least I have something that functions at 3.5 Volts with 14500 batteries.

All I use are carto-tanks, drip atomizers, and a AGI that is RBA/RDA. I liked the iclear30, so I am interested in trying the iclear 30s, but I like the density and flavor with a cartomizer. I only say they have more flavor is that you have ability to use higher Energy outputs than with clearomizers.

I prefer top coils and recommend them for newB's. If you're having wicking issues, all you have to do is tip it upside down or however else to get the wick and coil saturated.

gingko.leaf

Moved On
Sep 10, 2013
Minzi, SZ, CN
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

n13t2

Oct 12, 2013
NYC, NY
I only started vaping a few months ago, but I started with a nova tank and have moved on and won't go back. I just got a Gemini tank which is a dual coil top tank which is fantastic. It's made by the same people who make the Cutie tank (I have one of those too). With my iTaste VV3.0, it's an unbelievably good combo of vape and taste. Not sure how easy they are to find in the UK, but I found it quite easily online from a few places here in the USA.

Hope that helps.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
CE4 and CE5 are the original first clearomizer to be released. I used them and also found the quality sorely lacking. Regarding the crooked post I occasionally had to take mine apart and, with pliers, "crimp" the bottom plate to the assembly to straighten it out. There's a reason Vendors throw them in with starter kits. I moved on to the Vision Vivi Nova which is also a top coil. Have tried bottom coil clearos and didn't like them. Three camps- bottom clearo, top clearo and carto users. Although I use the Vivi top coil I find a carto+ tank gives the best vape in my opinion.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
i still dont quite get the whole thing with cartos and punched cartos, otherwise id probably be jumpin on the band wagon lol think im gonna give the EVOD a go then see where i go from there

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with one or two holes punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
CE# clearomizers are possible the worst clearos on the market, imho. Listen to KATYA. She said everything I would advise you to try. While vaping is completely subjective, the vast majority of users on this website seem to me to prefer the bottom coil clearos, and the vets appear to love the carto tanks, at least those that can't taste the polyfiller. I tried them all, well, more than 50 different ones anyway. I fall into the majority groups. I've only been a daily reader/poster since February, but since that time, anyway, the evod was hugely popular, and possibly only more recently eclipsed by the Protank II. Best of luck in your VapeQuest. My two cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread