Clinical Trial in Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Dr. Loi: I saw that Heritage Vegetable Glycerine is sold on Amazon, so it could be ordered online. And my thinking right now is that the liquor additive is helping clean the atomizer, so I will continue using it until somebody tells me I'm ruining (1) lungs, (2) atomizer. I just add Kahlua liquor until the viscosity is what I need for vaporizing the same as with e-liquid.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Thanks windblown and TB..for all your info..will seek out those two brands and try it out...

I manage to get some lower derivatives of PG yesterday and using Ark Royal handroll tobacco..so far not bad the results only a bit of tinkering to get to the taste and aroma and it is even easier to manufacture these new liquids..I will let you all know later ..all these done without lighting up a single fire....first time, a heatless process...

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
Dr. Loi, I am verry sorry to hear that your clinical studdy has been all but stoped. I learned allot from your posts and look forward to reading more in the future...

I had a thought.. Since you have spent so much money of your own to help the smokers of your country and by doing so have also helped enlighten several members of this forum and others maybe there is a way we can help you.. Do you have a paypal account or some other way that members could donate a little money to you? I know that I would be good for a few bucks.

Anyways just a though.. Thanks again for all the thought and work you have put into this.

Phil

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Dr. Loi, I am verry sorry to hear that your clinical studdy has been all but stoped. I learned allot from your posts and look forward to reading more in the future...

I had a thought.. Since you have spent so much money of your own to help the smokers of your country and by doing so have also helped enlighten several members of this forum and others maybe there is a way we can help you.. Do you have a paypal account or some other way that members could donate a little money to you? I know that I would be good for a few bucks.

Anyways just a though.. Thanks again for all the thought and work you have put into this.

Phil

No please don't..I'm doing fine here...just your thoughts and your contribution of encouragement and words of kindness is all I need from you all...I'm very touched by your gesture..and grateful that you all did get some form of knowledge from me..at least that's what being a doctor is all about...it is not all about money , it is about our general health and how we all can make a better future for all of us...healthwise and financial wise ....Once again , I thank you for your generosity...and that alone will be my most endearing gift..THANK YOU....:thumb:

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
jimldk mind to ask I noticed the vapour produce make my faical skin dry !

I remb somemore mention the vapour is same like a fog machine..

and once I was in this disco for many hrs..come out I noticed my skin is kind dry ...is it due to the same theory?:confused:

Yes, it is possible but not conclusive enough...facial skin gets dry faster than others due to higher vascularity(means more blood flow)..also for some..oily skin..all depends whether your skin is more prone to dehydration or not prior to e-smoking...

Hi jimldk,

AM from Malaysia as well. I might be opening our own e-cig shops soon after approval from Kementerian Perdagangan for licensing as they also blurr whether any special licenses to be approved as it's a cigarette without tobacco (tobacco licensing required) but contained nicotine (might required pharceutical section permission??).

I will be carrying around 30 flavors of cartridges those common 110mm-120mm e-cigs.
Soonest in end Nov, latest in Dec 2008. They might be a few shops openings.... JB 1st, Singapore 2nd, KL 3rd, Malacca 4rd, and so on.

I will be sending e-cigs and cartridges for independant labs for testing to have their reports to ensure that it doesn't contained toxic and submit for govermental agencies for approval for big time importing.

Wish me LUCK.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Hi jimldk,

AM from Malaysia as well. I might be opening our own e-cig shops soon after approval from Kementerian Perdagangan for licensing as they also blurr whether any special licenses to be approved as it's a cigarette without tobacco (tobacco licensing required) but contained nicotine (might required pharceutical section permission??).

I will be carrying around 30 flavors of cartridges those common 110mm-120mm e-cigs.
Soonest in end Nov, latest in Dec 2008. They might be a few shops openings.... JB 1st, Singapore 2nd, KL 3rd, Malacca 4rd, and so on.

I will be sending e-cigs and cartridges for independant labs for testing to have their reports to ensure that it doesn't contained toxic and submit for govermental agencies for approval for big time importing.

Wish me LUCK.

welcome abroad mate, at least I don't feel alone now....hope you can contribute as well...do pm me if you need help...:)

edisme518123

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
Daytona Beach, Florida (USA)
I've been considering using some unknown method of extracting flavor and nicotine from hookah tobacco. (Al Fakher Online - The ONLY Official Internet Retailer)

I'm not sure how to go about the extraction of the flavor or nicotine so have not tried anything yet, but I do know that the flavoring used in the tobacco contains only natural flavors and glycerin.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Hi jimldk,

Wish me LUCK.

I read this topic with interest and I have a question just out of curiosity...

If the government of Malaysia stops a good doctor from running clinical tests, what makes you think they will allow e-cigs to be sold at retail shops?

I just replied to a Malaysia forum member that had to buy his mini from Hong Kong. This shows demand but tobacco companies might probably pressure the government to disallow e-cigs based on some ridiculous excuse....Not surprising at all for a third world country...

Don't get me wrong, I wish that you succeed too...

I read this topic with interest and I have a question just out of curiosity...

If the government of Malaysia stops a good doctor from running clinical tests, what makes you think they will allow e-cigs to be sold at retail shops?

I just replied to a Malaysia forum member that had to buy his mini from Hong Kong. This shows demand but tobacco companies might probably pressure the government to disallow e-cigs based on some ridiculous excuse....Not surprising at all for a third world country...

Don't get me wrong, I wish that you succeed too...

Well, try my best.
Anyway, if succeed.... i will be bringing around 10 type flavours of cartridges in first and check the market demand before i import more flavors.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Well, try my best.
Anyway, if succeed.... i will be bringing around 10 type flavours of cartridges in first and check the market demand before i import more flavors.

I wish you luck bro...just keep a low profile till the MOh gets the full report from the Chem dept and plus some of mine...and plus they are actually keeping an eye at the whole world interest in this new found tech...just to play safe....the ministry is watching and waiting for the Hammer to Fall.....;)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I think the future of e-smoking in many, many countries will follow the recommendation that emerges from the WHO conference in mid-November. If WHO sounds an alarm, Malaysian and other authorities will have all they need to prohibit sales. WHO is the hammer! I sure agree on keeping a low profile at this time.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Tobacco tax are huge income for third world countries....Just imagine an average of 5 million boxes of cigarettes sold a day and the government earns like USD 2. Its USD10 million of revenue a day!

I don't think they will take it too kindly that e-cigs are gonna waltz in and threaten that income of theirs....Especially after all the favours they have accepted from the tobacco companies....hehehe

Forgive my conspiracy theory but i think it does make sense....what do u guys think?

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tobacco tax are huge income for third world countries....Just imagine an average of 5 million boxes of cigarettes sold a day and the government earns like USD 2. Its USD10 million of revenue a day!

I don't think they will take it too kindly that e-cigs are gonna waltz in and threaten that income of theirs....Especially after all the favours they have accepted from the tobacco companies....hehehe

Forgive my conspiracy theory but i think it does make sense....what do u guys think?

Money....a necessary evil....greed will fuels the money evil...the taxman cometh and does not like what he sees....yep..sounds like a conspiracy ....from the tobacco growers till the retailers.....head to toe deep in Tobacco money...it is an upfront war for justifiable sin....;)

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Money....a necessary evil....greed will fuels the money evil...the taxman cometh and does not like what he sees....yep..sounds like a conspiracy ....from the tobacco growers till the retailers.....head to toe deep in Tobacco money...it is an upfront war for justifiable sin....;)

Good to know that i'm on to something for once...lol

If thats the case, shouldn't we warn our Malaysian entrepreneur here to avoid walking into the lion's den? I agree with going low profile. I mean, what if he angers the authorities and they ban e-cigs for good...that'll be a shame, wouldn't it? Does assasination happen in Malaysia? Just kidding man...

I'm just having a field day with all this conspiracy theories....no offence to anyone...

I think the future of e-smoking in many, many countries will follow the recommendation that emerges from the WHO conference in mid-November. If WHO sounds an alarm, Malaysian and other authorities will have all they need to prohibit sales. WHO is the hammer! I sure agree on keeping a low profile at this time.

WHO has many numerous times sounded their alarm about actual tobacco is very very bad for health but anyone listening???? Since E-Cig is far far much much better than tobacco.... they should be delightful for the switch.

If I am WHO chairman, i would support E-cig for actual tobacco user's alternative quit-smoking device for certain years before falling the HAMMER DOWN for any side-effects. Actual side-effects from actual tobacco are thousands more dangerous than e-cig.....so what's the fuss????? or there's actual conspiracies in WHO as well???? Any thoughts??? :evil:

I wish you luck bro...just keep a low profile till the MOh gets the full report from the Chem dept and plus some of mine...and plus they are actually keeping an eye at the whole world interest in this new found tech...just to play safe....the ministry is watching and waiting for the Hammer to Fall.....;)

Just wondering if there's any recommendation for any lab test company for me to get the e-cig cartridges test to be done? which MOH / Chem dept would somehow recognise their certifications / report as well. I would send a few of the cartridges for the testing purpose.

Good to know that i'm on to something for once...lol

If thats the case, shouldn't we warn our Malaysian entrepreneur here to avoid walking into the lion's den? I agree with going low profile. I mean, what if he angers the authorities and they ban e-cigs for good...that'll be a shame, wouldn't it? Does assasination happen in Malaysia? Just kidding man...

I'm just having a field day with all this conspiracy theories....no offence to anyone...

wow.... don't lah curse me..... just about to warm up only.
Anyway thanks for the advises as ...... sure.... you won't know suddently i just vanished because of cigarettes war.. which could cost some ppl millions of $$$$ profits.....into their pockets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread