• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Clone DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
This mod fire almost to to end of the battery and still delivering similar vape quality from the start to end whereas the other clone will have some remnants

You judge it
asavuvem.jpg

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Mordenkainen

Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Sanctuary
Have a question for clone dna 30 users. If juice leaks from the top 510 connection, will it make its way to the circuit board?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I don't own a box mod but i think you can epoxy the circumference of the connector. In the box not the part where you screw in your atty. Epoxy are generally heat resistant iirc. Other glue will just melt.

Sent from The Slaughtered Calf Inn using a brick

desmondsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
LOS
This mod fire almost to to end of the battery and still delivering similar vape quality from the start to end whereas the other clone will have some remnants

You judge it

Is this the Cloupor?

For my Cloupor last 10% of battery life, performance drop on vape is very noticeable.

Anyway, the vape performance on my Cloupor has dropped significantly. Not sure what happened but it doesn't seem to give the power it previously had.

Jeffydoo

Verified Member
Dec 1, 2013
NIL
Is this the Cloupor?

For my Cloupor last 10% of battery life, performance drop on vape is very noticeable.

Anyway, the vape performance on my Cloupor has dropped significantly. Not sure what happened but it doesn't seem to give the power it previously had.

Thanks for sharing,

Im also using a DNA30 but not from Cloupor, will monitor if there's any drop in performance in future..

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Is this the Cloupor?

Yes it is, originally I thought is the problem from the chip but after several tanks changed, I realised that some juices gunk up the coil real fast

Especially, if I am using a 1.3 ~ 1.5 ohm using 28 AWG on MM juices it gunked up quick and now I changed to cold snap using 1ohm and it also gunk up but not as quick

After several tanks and on different juices, the problem lies on the juices and coil. New coil works perfectly fine and there is no drop of vape quality

Another point to note, the 510 connection head need to be clean too!

desmondsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
LOS
Yes it is, originally I thought is the problem from the chip but after several tanks changed, I realised that some juices gunk up the coil real fast

Especially, if I am using a 1.3 ~ 1.5 ohm using 28 AWG on MM juices it gunked up quick and now I changed to cold snap using 1ohm and it also gunk up but not as quick

After several tanks and on different juices, the problem lies on the juices and coil. New coil works perfectly fine and there is no drop of vape quality

Another point to note, the 510 connection head need to be clean too!

I also feel it might be the coil. These few days no time to change the coil, will do it later in the evening when I have the time.

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Hey guys, those with clones so far experience any problem? Been reading a lot of reports about problems with their clones like shorts, or over heating, or glue melting etc.

After about a week of usage, the only problem I have is the +0.3ohm inaccuracy and the clicky firing button tend to get stuck a little if it's not pressed properly.

Other than that, no issue and it's vaping wonderfully.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
After about a week of usage, the only problem I have is the +0.3ohm inaccuracy and the clicky firing button tend to get stuck a little if it's not pressed properly.

Other than that, no issue and it's vaping wonderfully.

The diff is around .2 but on higher ohm is about .3 diff that what I have encountered

By the way when the button is less clicky is due to the hot glue giving way. This happen when we continuously vape and the heat from the tank flow down to the unit and the hot glue became soft and after sometime it gave way

Like this
ysype4ar.jpg

Even the hot glue on the chip gave way too!

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
The diff is around .2 but on higher ohm is about .3 diff that what I have encountered

By the way when the button is less clicky is due to the hot glue giving way. This happen when we continuously vape and the heat from the tank flow down to the unit and the hot glue became soft and after sometime it gave way

Like this
ysype4ar.jpg

Even the hot glue on the chip gave way too!

Oh it's not less clicky for mine. Just slightly stuck probably because of the positioning. Normally it's clicking fine.

I would build my coils on the mvp to read the ohm before vaping on the clone dna :)

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Oh it's not less clicky for mine. Just slightly stuck probably because of the positioning. Normally it's clicking fine.

I would build my coils on the mvp to read the ohm before vaping on the clone dna :)

Yes it happened to me before. When I realised too late, the hot glue on the underside has slowly deteriorate and make it hard to depress. Going to mod the firing button to like the ADV or Hammond

4agazuny.jpg

Yes I did my coil on another mod and test on the ohm tester too but due the heat from the tank using 0.8-1ohm it soften the hot glue

Last edited:

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
the glue of my DNA came off as well. Mine is at the USB port. Not the firing button.

Damn! those glue cant take the heat!

You are lucky, if you chain vape and it heated up real quick better let it cool down. The heat will soften the hot glue and others parts will slowly fall off. Like mine, tried using sub ohm and it heated so fast and by then I realised the screen and fire button fall off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread