Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Hi everyone, I'm an 'old timer' here at ECF. I joined in 2012 and this year will be 7 years cig free! I've been away for a couple of years and wanted to ask advice on the newer things on the market now. I have a mechanical mod I've used for years, same one. I want to see what is out there.......for a chain vapor, heavy throat hit, and most of all simple! I can and do build coils, but I do not like doing it......I vape only unflavored, I'm sick of buying crappy batteries! Help me out, what is the best simple but powerful vaper out there for me to try? Thank you!

Tracey

Last edited:

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Hello Tracey: I'm a one month vaper, presently using a ceramic coil. After changing my coil for the first time, I was amazed at the flavor. So I went out and bought an RTA. Changing your cotton for a clean vape sounds like the way to go for me.

Thanks, I use ReadyXWick, not cotton. I also am looking for a new vaporizer that is simple, has a good throat hit, and can support a chain vapor. I am not crazy about batteries these days so I'm not sure if there is something out there that I can charge the unit verses buying countless useless batteries. :)

Tracey

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi everyone, I'm an 'old timer' here at ECF. I joined in 2012 and this year will be 7 years cig free! I've been away for a couple of years and wanted to ask advice on the newer things on the market now. I have a mechanical mod I've used for years, same one. I want to see what is out there.......for a chain vapor, heavy throat hit, and most of all simple! I can and do build coils, but I do not like doing it......I vape only unflavored, I'm sick of buying crappy batteries! Help me out, what is the best simple but powerful vaper out there for me to try? Thank you!

Tracey
The best solution to crappy batteries I know of is Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum He tests the various models of battery.

As for the rest of it it’s difficult to know. Are you a MTL or DL vaper? What is your current equipment?

Mech tube mods are not doing well in the news at the moment. Also a VV/VW device will allow you to get more out of a given battery. Without knowing how many volts you’re going to need I suspect that something multibattery will likely be what you want. There are also large capacity sealed Mods that you charge off a MicroUSB2 port. They have their own issues though. The ports are delicate and prone to failure, the largest of them still have less total power than a multi battery mod, they are inherently disposable as the battery cannot be replaced when it wears out, and they can take a significant amount of time to charge, during which they are useless.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Thanks, I use ReadyXWick, not cotton. I also am looking for a new vaporizer that is simple, has a good throat hit, and can support a chain vapor. I am not crazy about batteries these days so I'm not sure if there is something out there that I can charge the unit verses buying countless useless batteries. :)

Tracey
Hi, do you mtl or more direct to lung?

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
The best solution to crappy batteries I know of is Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum He tests the various models of battery.

As for the rest of it it’s difficult to know. Are you a MTL or DL vaper? What is your current equipment?

Thanks for that link on the batteries. I am def a direct to lung vapor. I chain vape too.......

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been away for a couple of years and wanted to ask advice on the newer things on the market now. I have a mechanical mod I've used for years, same one. I want to see what is out there.......for a chain vapor, heavy throat hit, and most of all simple!
I recommend updating your knowledge base prior to making a purchase. Read these blogs and then come back to ask questions.

I can and do build coils, but I do not like doing it......I vape only unflavored...
I can make my own coils, too. I also do not like doing it anymore. There are some very nice clearomizer tanks on the market now that use factory-built, drop in coils that can come close to rivaling the performance of an RBA.

I'm sick of buying crappy batteries! Help me out, what is the best simple but powerful vaper out there for me to try?
More specific info from you would be helpful.

• What batteries have you been using that were "crappy"? Model and manufacturer? How old are they?
  • What resistance coils are you used to using on your mech?

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I recommend updating your knowledge base prior to making a purchase. Read these blogs and then come back to ask questions.

I can make my own coils, too. I also do not like doing it anymore. There are some very nice clearomizer tanks on the market now that use factory-built, drop in coils that can come close to rivaling the performance of an RBA.

More specific info from you would be helpful.

• What batteries have you been using that were "crappy"? Model and manufacturer? How old are they?
  • What resistance coils are you used to using on your mech?

ummmmmmmmmm that was my purpose for this post, to update my knowledge. So I will take off and not bother with the forum again. Sure has changed since I was last here. Thanks everyone. Can a mod please close this thread.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ummmmmmmmmm that was my purpose for this post, to update my knowledge. So I will take off and not bother with the forum again. Sure has changed since I was last here. Thanks everyone. Can a mod please close this thread.
giphy.gif

Did I say something offensive to you?

The below comment was meant to be a joke. Sorry if it wasn't funny to you. My sincere appologies.
So which one is it? Dang women's prerogative to change their mind. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread