Status
Not open for further replies.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
Well I have a really dumb question. Before my RSM gets here, exactly what type of atomizer should be used? Lord, I was so excited I never even thought about this. I mean I have cartomizers and rda's and I know you don't use tanks obviously. eeek I need to get something I bet. I did a google search but the site I found just says how the liquid comes up into the atomizer. Not what kind of atomizer. Would someone mind letting me know so I can order whatever it is I may need? Thank you so much. Gawd, I'm a dork sometimes :)

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Well I have a really dumb question. Before my RSM gets here, exactly what type of atomizer should be used? Lord, I was so excited I never even thought about this. I mean I have cartomizers and RDA's and I know you don't use tanks obviously. eeek I need to get something I bet. I did a google search but the site I found just says how the liquid comes up into the atomizer. Not what kind of atomizer. Would someone mind letting me know so I can order whatever it is I may need? Thank you so much. Gawd, I'm a dork sometimes :)

You can use any standard disposable 510 atomizers or cartos. I used to use the Cisco 510 2 ohm from avid vapor.

For rebuildable's, the A7 is a good cheap option. Reo's mods has a igo-s drilled out for bottom feeding that works great too. Myself and others here like the ERA/Cyclone atomizers, but they're the most pricey.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
if you can make those mods you can recoil an A7 in < 5 minutes (and that includes wearing the sexy magnifying headset).

I mostly use RM2s on my mods because there's more room.

And A7s had a reputation for having a dodgy bottom pin that would short to the side unless fully wound in. I have about 4 of them still.

T

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Okay I just bought the RM2. I mean if anything this will do until I can research and learn more. :)

From what I hear the RM2 is a fine atomizer! I only listed things I have/have used and could speak for personally.

I bought the modded igo-s for my friend that I gifted the Cutlass 5.1. An RBA would have been invaluable during the "what juice do I like?" phase so I'll give him that. I did a nice 0.8 ohm micro coil and it's works great. I'll probably buy another for myself I'm so impressed.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Thanks, that's good to know. It did say to put in the notes if I was buying it for a "wood" mod. So, I did. :) Maybe there are several different types? I'm sure it will be fine though and maybe I will learn how to mod one of my igo's at some point. I'm just not the greatest with power tools :)

I think he mills them down slightly more to make sure they'll fit in the non-grand catch cups, so that was a good move :D

Don't even talk to me about power tools. I bought a very nice metric drill bit set of small bits for drilling air holes in atomizer caps. Drilling stainless with a 30 year old hand drill is definitely not for the faint of heart!

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I just found an awesome rebuild vid too for the RM2. I did manage to use a dremel to slot my carto's and still have all fingers attached. I like to tinker so I will try it at some point. Figured I would get this though so I will be ready to go :) I can play later at my leisure. Have a great evening. Stay warm

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I just found an awesome rebuild vid too for the RM2. I did manage to use a dremel to slot my carto's and still have all fingers attached. I like to tinker so I will try it at some point. Figured I would get this though so I will be ready to go :) I can play later at my leisure. Have a great evening. Stay warm

Ditto! Good night crew :D

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Arr sorry t' be late. Some mangy devil made off with me peg leg in the middle o' the night!!

Another one!?! Some bowlegged, swill swigging, knock-kneed, land lubber be sneaking on board and making off with our leg accessories. Time to set a watch when docked in port methinks!

Happy Friday all!

arrr

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Hey, all finally checking in to the new thread. Been on the road for a few days. The RM2 and wood note is specifically for some of his older Wood Reos that had smaller catch cups. A LP or un-milled RM2 fits in the Cruiser I just got fine. So unless Cappy has switched size of catch cup any RM2 should work. The RM2 is a great RBA that is easy to build on. I also like Cyclones but only the standard cap will work the AFC cap is to big to work on my RSM. Viscous Ant also makes a BF RBA called Divo that would fit and work, it's a little smaller than a cyclone. I replace all the allen set screws with Philip heads.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Hey, all finally checking in to the new thread. Been on the road for a few days. The RM2 and wood note is specifically for some of his older Wood Reos that had smaller catch cups. A LP or un-milled RM2 fits in the Cruiser I just got fine. So unless Cappy has switched size of catch cup any RM2 should work. The RM2 is a great RBA that is easy to build on. I also like Cyclones but only the standard cap will work the AFC cap is to big to work on my RSM. Viscous Ant also makes a BF RBA called Divo that would fit and work, it's a little smaller than a cyclone. I replace all the allen set screws with Philip heads.

Yes, definitely replace the set screws with Phillips. M2 thread 4mm length if I recall correctly. McMaster Carr has them for cheap if I recall.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Got my Caddy today. I love it, now I need a Cutlass for the empty hole.

IMAG1821-L.jpg

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy and good morning me 'earties! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

@FB, the catch cups are the same sized ones I've always used. I hope I don't have to increase the CC size some day, I don't think I can get it in a larger size from my supplier.

Glad you like the desk caddy! You may not believe it but the hardest thing for me to do when making desk caddies is getting the bottoms flat and even. My belt sander is only 4" wide and I'm trying to level a bottom thats twice that wide. I would kill to own a drum sander but they are soooo expensive.

Later all, arrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread