[Closed]Unregistered Supplier : Bogger Box Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc0676

May 3, 2011
Siena
He Marcus,
i'm writing for a friend that is not subscripted in this forum.

His name is Andrea Win****r (from Italy) and he ordered from your 3 bogger dna and some other parts in a total of 3 orders.

Order number are:
- 1836 of 03/07/2013 (604 $)
- 1873 of 18/07/2013 (38 $)
- 1842 of 05/07/2013 (about 300$)

The third order is from Damiano Ba****i that Andrea according with you asked to ship together his order in one only shipment in Italy.

He tried to contact you in email without any result.

Can u reply to my friend Andrea directly to him using his email in your account in your website ?

Because he's a little worried for that.

Thank You Very Much.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I would like to personally apologize to anyone here that feels that I abandoned this thread in any way and to let you that we have not and will not abandon it. We have been working diligently on all of our mods including the new aluminum line we have and I would like to fill everyone in on how our order process works. A little over two and a half years ago when we started we only offered what you see is what you get mods and that is how we always wanted to keep it but even when we had well over 100 mods in stock we still were constantly bombarded with requests for wood combinations other than what we had available and decided it might be better to offer a custom order process along with our in stock mods so we then started accepting orders from customers that could choose every option they wanted ( which there has never been a requirement that anyone who wishes to purchase one of our mods HAS to place a custom order and wait for it to be built and instead could just wait for more in stack boxes to be added ). Still today as it was back then as soon as a custom order is placed we begin working on it immediately which every box begins from a wood blank and is milled and worked into shape which requires gluing and lacquer of course which takes the most time due to dry times. We have never had a list where we write down everyone's name and then work on the boxes in that order so many times orders that were placed after another order will ship so we do not ever have any custom order just sitting around waiting to be started, Instead at all times even today at any given time we are working on around 70 boxes per week which sounds like quite a few when it is written down but in reality we are able to produce about 130 boxes a week without having to work 24 hours a day and any time we approach around 80-90 boxes we shut custom ordering down to prevent us from having to work ourselves to death and does happen from time to time but rarely. The biggest problem I knew we would face is impatient customers which trust me I know all to well myself and when it comes to working with wood and especially exotic woods nothing is definite like working with plastic or metal, Instead with wood there are many more things to go wrong than right such as warping, cracking, checking, ect... Many times with a mod we will not see some imperfections until the first couple of coats of lacquer are sprayed and the box pops as it is called and at that point minor defects appear like a sore thumb and in some cases we can fix them very quickly and in others we make a judgement call on whether to scrap the box or fix it and in all honesty many of them could be fixed and chances are nobody would ever notice the difference but the problem is I will and to me that is not acceptable. Out of around 70 boxes a week there are roughly three or four that we just have to scrap and start over with or replace a door or cap on so in some cases we do run way behind on an order to ensure that we provide a mod that is completely defect free and something we are confident will last well over our year warranty with proper care. I have to chuckle a little every time we get the question " Are these made in China " but we do get that question a lot and what customers need to realize is that you are purchasing something that is hand made and not some cheap mod that is very readily available. There are many times that we are to the point of being ready to assemble the electronics in a box and ship it and we see that a check or flaw appeared and then the order gets delayed again which is in our quality check before the electronics are installed and as I said I understand how bad you want to get your mod but please keep in mind that quality is extremely important to us and if we have to delay a box to make sure it is perfect then we have to make that call. Some of the woods like Ebony, Cocobolo and very tight grained woods are very difficult to work with and produce a natural oil that when attempting to glue if not done correctly will separate so many of those boxes will be delayed if we run into problems and we must take great care when working with to make sure that the box does not come apart. I have been and always will be the first to admit that I am no web designer or computer tech and things go wrong and I have to rely on others to fix the issue. We have had our fair share of problems from day one with servers and programs and is absolutely no excuse by any means and problems like that are 99% of the time completely out of our control but of course ultimately we are responsible and we must apologize constantly for. As many of you know we moved to a new hosting company a few months back because of a hard drive failure at our hosting company which resulted in a loss of almost 1/3 of our entire site of which we had no backup of because it happened so fast so we had to build a new site from scratch and attempt to get everything back up and operational as quickly as possible which was extremely unexpected and for us difficult because what took well over a year to build we managed to get done in about 10 days which for us was good as I am sure many of you could do it a lot faster. The current server we are on with our new hosting has been good with the exception of email issues that arose entirely by us reacting to customers stating they could not contact us and that our emails were not getting to them and ended up being a huge mistake on our part because where there was no problem in the first place we managed to create one by trying to fix a non existent problem so if anyone did not receive an email we apologize and although we thought as of the 14th of August the issue had been fixed we found that the raid hardware on our server failed and had to be replaced which at the time we were told that it was not a big deal it ended up taking a week for our hosting company to get it fixed due to high load and then a DDOS attack on the 19th just made things even worse. During that time we could not access much of anything for very long and as our new integrated shipping software was installed nothing worked right. In the end as I said I will make no excuse for delays in a few customers orders because ultimately in the end we are responsible for them please keep in mind that we do everything we can to get your orders out as quickly as possible but as it states on our site and always has we will not rush to get it done and sacrifice any quality because that is not fair for our customers and reflects badly against us. I apologize for writing a novel here but please just have some patience and I can guarantee that everyone will be taken care of and there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Bump
Please especially pay attention to:

The biggest problem I knew we would face is impatient customers which trust me I know all to well myself and when it comes to working with wood and especially exotic woods nothing is definite like working with plastic or metal, Instead with wood there are many more things to go wrong than right such as warping, cracking, checking, ect... Many times with a mod we will not see some imperfections until the first couple of coats of lacquer are sprayed and the box pops as it is called and at that point minor defects appear like a sore thumb and in some cases we can fix them very quickly and in others we make a judgement call on whether to scrap the box or fix it and in all honesty many of them could be fixed and chances are nobody would ever notice the difference but the problem is I will and to me that is not acceptable. Out of around 70 boxes a week there are roughly three or four that we just have to scrap and start over with or replace a door or cap on so in some cases we do run way behind on an order to ensure that we provide a mod that is completely defect free and something we are confident will last well over our year warranty with proper care. I have to chuckle a little every time we get the question " Are these made in China " but we do get that question a lot and what customers need to realize is that you are purchasing something that is hand made and not some cheap mod that is very readily available. There are many times that we are to the point of being ready to assemble the electronics in a box and ship it and we see that a check or flaw appeared and then the order gets delayed again which is in our quality check before the electronics are installed and as I said I understand how bad you want to get your mod but please keep in mind that quality is extremely important to us and if we have to delay a box to make sure it is perfect then we have to make that call. Some of the woods like Ebony, Cocobolo and very tight grained woods are very difficult to work with and produce a natural oil that when attempting to glue if not done correctly will separate so many of those boxes will be delayed if we run into problem

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Before I joined the Army, I was in fabrication (industrial gaskets... Only place in town that used an allpax to hand cut). It amazed me how people would drop an order for some crazy custom hand-cut jobs, then expect them yesterday.

Marcus: I think the site should be changed from saying that there is a ~30 lead to making these to something along the lines of "These are hand-made to order. Due to variances in wood types and styles, the lead time may vary from order to order"

Personally, I have "pre-ordered" custom mods and waited a LOOOOOONG time for them to arrive from Greece, the Philippines, etc.

Some of them I got a play-by-play and know what was happening... Others, I had no word until the thing showed up at my door.

I guess experiences will vary.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Before I joined the Army, I was in fabrication (industrial gaskets... Only place in town that used an allpax to hand cut). It amazed me how people would drop an order for some crazy custom hand-cut jobs, then expect them yesterday.

Marcus: I think the site should be changed from saying that there is a ~30 lead to making these to something along the lines of "These are hand-made to order. Due to variances in wood types and styles, the lead time may vary from order to order"

Personally, I have "pre-ordered" custom mods and waited a LOOOOOONG time for them to arrive from Greece, the Philippines, etc.

Some of them I got a play-by-play and know what was happening... Others, I had no word until the thing showed up at my door.

I guess experiences will vary.

I do not think this is a problem or issue with how long it takes. I think it has to do with communicating with your customers. If you put that it's going to take you 40 work days thats ok. But when you go over that, a email message or something saying "hey, this is going to be delayed another week or so", would do wonders. Two sentences. That's it. Would take less than a minute to send that.

I'm sure he's very busy and so forth but if the stated lead time is incorrect, the customer deserves to know that it will be delayed. I mean it's 40 days. I wasn't expecrting the thing inside a week or something.

The continual non-response to email and phone calls and the infrequent appearence on the thread are unacceptable. To me at least.

I have a tracking number now. I have no doubt it will be a fine product. That being said, I'll probably order my next box from somewhere else.

I'm not one of these hot head types who immediately came here on day 41 and started complaining and calling him out. All my emails were polite and respectful. I had just finally had enough. I do not appear to be the only one with these issues.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I do not think this is a problem or issue with how long it takes. I think it has to do with communicating with your customers. If you put that it's going to take you 40 work days thats ok. But when you go over that, a email message or something saying "hey, this is going to be delayed another week or so", would do wonders. Two sentences. That's it. Would take less than a minute to send that.

I'm sure he's very busy and so forth but if the stated lead time is incorrect, the customer deserves to know that it will be delayed. I mean it's 40 days. I wasn't expecrting the thing inside a week or something.

The continual non-response to email and phone calls and the infrequent appearence on the thread are unacceptable. To me at least.

I have a tracking number now. I have no doubt it will be a fine product. That being said, I'll probably order my next box from somewhere else.

I'm not one of these hot head types who immediately came here on day 41 and started complaining and calling him out. All my emails were polite and respectful. I had just finally had enough. I do not appear to be the only one with these issues.

I ran an online business shipping 100 orders per day. Though it seems to the person writing that they need an update on status, if you multiply these requests for status updates by 50or 100 it can take hours to look up every order and answer every inquiry. This would especially be complicated if you are talking about a handcrafted item with more than 7 layers of production.

If Marcus spens all his time on answering the status updates, it must be hard to push out the boxes.

So please consider that if you are asking for a status update multiply by 50, it's not easy.

I agree though that Marcus needs to provide a more realistic time frame and have a stock email that says, I'm around xyz behind and boxes are taking between xyz to xyz.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I ran an online business shipping 100 orders per day. Though it seems to the person writing that they need an update on status, if you multiply these requests for status updates by 50or 100 it can take hours to look up every order and answer every inquiry. This would especially be complicated if you are talking about a handcrafted item with more than 7 layers of production.

If Marcus spens all his time on answering the status updates, it must be hard to push out the boxes.

So please consider that if you are asking for a status update multiply by 50, it's not easy.

I agree though that Marcus needs to provide a more realistic time frame and have a stock email that says, I'm around xyz behind and boxes are taking between xyz to xyz.

I dunno if your volume is that big and it really does take that amount of time then perhaps you hire a part time clerical employee or something. In some cases, Bogger is asking the customer to front several hundred dollars and then wait for 2-3 months. Are you saying that a customer in such a situation doesn't deserve a call back or an email? You just send someone a few hundred bucks and HOPE he delivers the product eventually? Whenever he gets around to it?

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I dunno if your volume is that big and it really does take that amount of time then perhaps you hire a part time clerical employee or something. In some cases, Bogger is asking the customer to front several hundred dollars and then wait for 2-3 months. Are you saying that a customer in such a situation doesn't deserve a call back or an email? You just send someone a few hundred bucks and HOPE he delivers the product eventually? Whenever he gets around to it?
I'm saying that based on the boxes being in many stages of production, it is not an easy job to look up every order.
I'd suggest that if you are in a hurry than you purchase the boxes that are pictured on the web-site and ready to go within a day, and if you need a custom box be ready for it to take 2-3 months or sooner if lucky.
I purchased my Standard and my VV from the site and they were shipped in a day.
My DNA 20D took around a month or two and I never inquired.

I understood that if I wanted a custom made quality box to my specifications the process couldn't be hurried.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Just got these from Marcus!

u5a7a3ut.jpg

du5ysyna.jpg

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Well, I've seen other situations with vendors that take a long time with special orders and repairs. I've seen customers be understanding because they had a relationship with the vendor... because he kept up with his thread and his customers. So, I don't think it's about the wait. I think it's about the relationship.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Two pieces unsure ..... (Well ... Ummmm there is a top and a bottom cap ... So if you're asking if the body is one solid piece of wood like Reo ... Then no.)

63C9D443-C217-49BC-85B2-8A85C0C20B6B-413-0000009B5807768E_zps299fdc39.jpg

X ... Of course I love your new Mini! :D
I couldn't tell. The seams are so tight. Its hard to do it that well and match the color scheme :thumb: and is that a 10ml bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread