Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
my case is simple. is it real hard to respond DMC or my email regarding tracking number that we request. Its nearly 5months mate. I believe you also dont want this situation happen.

This is not the forum for you to continuously voice your complaints. Especially since Marcus is not allowed to respond. Once or twice is fine, but the manner in which you've begun to do this constantly is obvious that you are trying to hurt this vendors business. I've been watching this forum for the past number of months and yours and one other complaint is the only complaint I've seen that is unresolved. There are always two sides to any story.

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
Anyone have a stabilized blue from BBM they could post for me?

Mine is what Marcus called blue Xobeloot. It looks different colors of blue & turquoise blue in different lighting.

B5CEEC77-85E5-48E0-BE93-1543451627DF-546-00000061EF264AA7_zpsf6fa6292.jpg

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Just received my Bogger Box Standard Bottom Feeder and I'm a Satisfied Customer.

I've set up the following:
Reomizer vs 2 rba
4-3 Wrap of 24 Gauge Kanthal
Fc-2000 Porous Ceramic Wick 1/8 Inch
Sony 30 Amp 18650 Battery [High Performance]
Tested with ECD Meter from Stoney in Australia

Pic 1 ECD Meter Shows .36 Ohms
Pic1_BBBS_Ohms.JPG

Pic 2 Bogger Box Standard Bottom Feeder firing at 3.63V
Pic2_Bogger_Box_Bottom_Standard.JPG

Pic3 Control Unit K100 true mechanical [Middle Performance] Firing on same battery at 3.70
Pic3_k100.JPG

Pic4 Happy Camper vaping at around 36 Watts
Pic4_Satisfied_Customer.jpg

Disclaimer: Don't' do Sub Ohm vaping unless you know what you are doing!
1. Use Quality LIMN Batteries that are rated to the Amps you will be pulling
2. Check your RBA for Shorts with a meter
3. If you don't have the equipment or ability to check or recognize a short than you should not be involved in Sub Ohm Coils.
4. Make sure that the device you use has Venting, in the case of Bogger Box that is not a problem
5. Make sure that your Batteries are in good condition and that plastic coverings have not worn away [when using in metal device]

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Mini Review
I received my Standard Bottom Feeding Bogger Box today and it did not dissapoint. The battery readings fluctuate so I believe that the difference between the Standard Bottom Feeding Box and the K-100 is more around .2V

To give a background, the K100 is a decent Mechanical, I've compared it to a Poldiac and another High end unit I think it's the Kaifun [Scuse my spelling] and the difference was around .2 Volts, this means that the Standard Bogger Box is .4V Below the top of the line Mechanicals. So no the Standard Fed Bottom Feeding Bogger Box is not a Ferrari but it performs quite well for a Box that's not a true mechanical.

I had a .66 Ohm RBA and I compared it to the .36 Ohm RBA and I encountered something quite unusual. Normally the higher the OHM the less voltage drop, in the case of the Standard Bogger Box the difference was miniscule. Something like .02 or .03 Volts. Normally I see a much bigger difference.

For me the .66 Ohm RBA was too cool so I set up a .36 Ohm RBA and it was excellent. I think that it might also respond very well to a .5 Ohm RBA Also. I just ordered 25 Gauge Kanthal to set up at the next level.

I have a preference for a 4-3 wrap, it's just my favorite and it bugs the heck out of me. I have .24, .26, .27, 28,.29,.30 and .32 Gauge Kanthal and of course the perfect Gauge is the one that Temco doesn't sell. Sigh... So I just ordered 25 Gauge from Kidney Puncher.

Anyway based on my testing the Standard Bogger Box leaves the Reo Grand in the dust. I found a 1.1V drop on a Reo Grand [On a .55 Ohm Atomizer] compared to a .6v Drop on the Standard Bogger Box [.36 Ohm Atomizer]. In addition I never tested the REO Grand on a .33 Ohm Atomizer, so the difference could be even greater.

To those unfamiliar with mechanicals, the .5V difference between the Bogger Box and the Reo Grand is huge. At the point in which I'm changing my battery on the Bogger Box, the Reo is just getting started.

My results show that their are advantages to a unit that's not built to be rebuildable and uses a industrial size spring and parts that are built to permanently connect well together.

Disclaimer: Don't' do Sub Ohm Vaping unless you know what you are doing!
3. If you don't have the equipment or ability to check or recognize a short than you should not be involved in Sub Ohm Coils.
4. Make sure that the device you use has Venting, in the case of Bogger Box that is not a problem
5. Make sure that your Batteries are in good condition and that plastic coverings have not worn away [when using in metal device]

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Just put together new build- 43 Watt Vape Wow!!
Bogger Box Standard Bottom Feeder
Reomizer 2
Sony 30 Amp Battery
4-3 24 Gauge Kanthal
XC-116 Braided Ceramic Wick

Ohms .27
3.4 Volts under load
43 Watt Vape
Wow!!!

The Xc-116 wicks better than the FC-2000 so it's a tastier vape even at lower Ohms. Looks like I wasted my money on the 25 Gauge Kanthal. The build I have now is just perfect. The wood box is not conducting the heat so the unit is not overheating. I'm using a Delrin Separator [Philipines] to insulate the mouthpiece from heat conduction. Otherwise I'd probably be burning my lips!

Tip when making the wick: The 24 Gauge is very thick. I took a 1/16 and a 3/16 drill bits and put on each side of the wick, like a splint and then wrapped it. After positioning on the Reomizer 2 I pulled the splints and since the XC-116 Expands when wet made a perfect wick.

Disclaimer: Don't' do Low Ohm Vaping unless you know what you are doing!

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Rocking my redwood lace burl standard bf bogger on labor day while grilling with some Oktoberfest from Sam Adams, good times.
It's beautiful. I'm envious.
I'm all tapped out, sigh..

With a DNA20D Stabilized, a VV Bogger Box, and a Standard Bottom Fed Bogger Box.
I'm going to have to wait for my next one. I was thinking the RedWood Burl or a Blue or Green Stabilized Box.

The funny thing is that my favorite of them all is the standard bottom fed unit. With a very low Ohm Atomizer. You figure...

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Nope I did not forget, I was typing so long it logged me out. We are doing our best to get them both out to you before 5:00 today and right now the Redwood lace/ Movingui is being sanded and polished so all it will lack is the electronics assembled. I will post pictures of on here for you of it.

I made this order on 7/3. I did not contact Bogger during the itervening 40 working days which is the agreed upon time for completion. I understand this is a custom product but finally on 8/20 I contacted you via email. At that time you stated that the box was nearly ready and would ship in the next day or two. Since that time, I have emailed and phoned Bogger and even come here to see what might be done to see what is going on here. You can see by the above quote that this box was nearly ready. Yet I have no shipping notice, no box, no word to my many inquiries with this vendor.

It has been now more than 2 months. What is gonig on? Please either send the box to me or refund the purchase price.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Just put together new build- 43 Watt Vape Wow!!
Bogger Box Standard Bottom Feeder
Reomizer 2
Sony 30 Amp Battery
4-3 24 Gauge Kanthal
XC-116 Braided Ceramic Wick

Ohms .27
3.4 Volts under load
43 Watt Vape
Wow!!!

The Xc-116 wicks better than the FC-2000 so it's a tastier vape even at lower Ohms. Looks like I wasted my money on the 25 Gauge Kanthal. The build I have now is just perfect. The wood box is not conducting the heat so the unit is not overheating. I'm using a Delrin Separator [Philipines] to insulate the mouthpiece from heat conduction. Otherwise I'd probably be burning my lips!

Tip when making the wick: The 24 Gauge is very thick. I took a 1/16 and a 3/16 drill bits and put on each side of the wick, like a splint and then wrapped it. After positioning on the Reomizer 2 I pulled the splints and since the XC-116 Expands when wet made a perfect wick.

I think you need to put a disclaimer on posts like this tom. If you are silly enough to take that much risk with super sub-ohm setups, that is one thing... But I also do not want new vapers or new BB users to stumble upon this type of build and think that sucking on a lip-burning time bomb is the norm.

:2c:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I think you need to put a disclaimer on posts like this tom. If you are silly enough to take that much risk with super sub-ohm setups, that is one thing... But I also do not want new vapers or new BB users to stumble upon this type of build and think that sucking on a lip-burning time bomb is the norm.

:2c:
You have a very good point, I' ve added a disclaimer.

Sounds a little like.
I want a B B gun.
No you'll shoot your eye out.

I use only Lithium Manganese High Drain Batteries. I've visited all the Vape Shops in my area and the norm is for those guys to be on a mech vaping at around .3 Ohm. I believe the scare stories are overblown.

In addition the Bogger Box by nature of being wood with the only conductive elements on the Positive and Negative terminal won't short circuit unless the short is in the RBA which I build carefully and check with a meter before using.

The Bogger Box is well ventilated, you aren't going to see an explosion, batteries don't explode. The explosion is when they are in a tight place and can't vent.

In addition the Amps are at 12 Amps at that Level. The Sony is rated at 30 Amps and the Panasonics that I use are rated at 10 amps continuous and 16 Amps Burst. Since what I'm doing is a burst I am within the tolerances of the batteries.

I will add the disclaimers and explanations on safety. Below is the disclaimer. Please PM me if you'd like me to add anything to the disclaimer.

Disclaimer: Don't' do Sub Ohm Vaping unless you know what you are doing!

Last edited:

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Thank you!

In other news... The other night when I was e-mailing Marcus about the blue stabilized mini that I purchased, he mentioned that he was already working that exact mod and it would have a quick turn-around.

Just days later, I have a shipping confirmation WITH tracking info!

Well done, sir! I applaud you!

Can't wait to fire it up.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Thank you!

In other news... The other night when I was e-mailing Marcus about the blue stabilized mini that I purchased, he mentioned that he was already working that exact mod and it would have a quick turn-around.

Just days later, I have a shipping confirmation WITH tracking info!

Well done, sir! I applaud you!

Can't wait to fire it up.

I dunno, all I can think is maybe experiences vary here. After saying I'd contact PayPal to rescind the sale, I did get a message that my box would ship today.

Unlike other posters, I don't feel I came here and made a lot of noise, was rude or disrespectful to Marcus in anyway. I did ask for a response last week, got one and thanked him. That beind said, I'm certainly going to think twice about future orders though and it's a shame, the stuff looks super nice. I'd probably have spent 500$ easy w/ Bogger lol.

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
I dunno, all I can think is maybe experiences vary here. After saying I'd contact PayPal to rescind the sale, I did get a message that my box would ship today.

Unlike other posters, I don't feel I came here and made a lot of noise, was rude or disrespectful to Marcus in anyway. I did ask for a response last week, got one and thanked him. That beind said, I'm certainly going to think twice about future orders though and it's a shame, the stuff looks super nice. I'd probably have spent 500$ easy w/ Bogger lol.

Sorry to hear you're still waiting! Ugh! I hope you will get yours by the weekend! I'm sure you'll love it when you finally do receive it! It's kinda like being pregnant (not that you GUYS could REALLY relate & understand LOL! ;-)) ... All the waiting ... And pain associated with delivery ... All forgotten ... Once it's in your hand! Yeah ... Kinda like that! :D Be sure and post pics for us once it's delivered! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread