Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
If you mean pesticide grade Nicotine from farmers I'd be really careful. There are additional steps that you have to take after the extraction to make sure it's filtered properly for human consumption.

NO i don't mean hobo style extraction ..stuff i am talking about is exclusive to Alaska

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Now I hate to be the one to play devils advocate here but someone should. What if we lose out against the FDA? What happens if the FDA takes a dump on all of our best intentions and attempts to save vaping as we know it? Where do we go from there? Outside of stock up on mods, coils, juice etc. I realy have no answers myself but many of you are much wiser than myself.

We can't just all go back to smoking, and I don't really believe the FDA is going to concede much ground when it comes to regulating the life out of this industry if we fail to stop them. Could we rebrand, repurpose, re apply, call mods and juice something they aren't in hopes to maybe survive through a loophole? What are your thoughts everyone? We all need to consider the alternative, fight the best we can but prepare for the worst.

At that point, "where do we go from there", I would hope for some very strong civil disobedience, protests, and maybe even more to keep the injustice in the spotlight.:2c:

Huh?!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Houston
Another thought that I haven't seen mentioned (or maybe I glossed over it) is we could have the pharmeceutical companies step in if the cost is high for having ejuice approved. That is, we are just talking about the fight with BT, but lets remember that the large drug companies could come in and support some of the "good" ejuice makers. I mean, they are the ones who continue to make the patch, gum, etc...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Another thought that I haven't seen mentioned (or maybe I glossed over it) is we could have the pharmeceutical companies step in if the cost is high for having ejuice approved. That is, we are just talking about the fight with BT, but lets remember that the large drug companies could come in and support some of the "good" ejuice makers. I mean, they are the ones who continue to make the patch, gum, etc...

I wish it were that simple. The problem being, the large pharmaceutical companies are lobbying to have ecigs banned. Think of all the profits that they no longer get when there are no longer smoking illnesses to treat: chemo, COPD, Asthma etc. Not even mentioning the sales in their FDA approved quit smoking devices: the patch, gum and Chantix.

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
The problem is that solid nicotine is highly dangerous , I wouldn't want such thing in my house especially when i got my nephews visiting their cool uncle :2cool:

Is it explosive? If it's just poisonous, that's not a big deal. I'd call it an easily mitigated risk with low chance of troubles relative to the nasty stuff most of us use to clean toilets, paint our homes or kill pests. ;)

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
Time for a small freezer .... only thing worse than being a smoker when nicotine is scarce and the eJuice taxes take off ... is being a vaper with no juice and the only choice is cigalikes or expensive juice options like Marlboro and Camel.

How much are those little freezers by the way? :)

You can get a chest freezer for about 160 bucks. Just picturing mine in my head, I wouldn't be surprised if it could hold 25 2 liter bottles.

Scaralouche

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Issaquah, WA
Sounds like a (black market) business in the making. ;)

You mean in the re-making. When the FDA vs NJOY case was on, we were prepping then, too. Chinese companies would ship to us using package labels using creative descriptions, and packing with little Chinese toys, paper lanterns, etc. In the event of a Customs seizure, they offered re-ships to try again.

tomsa34

Moved On
Jul 29, 2014
JAcksonville, Fl
I have no doubt that the chinese will continue as normal despite the FDA, and that is what I am hoping we do for ourselves. So what if they tax "mods", "e-juice,liquid" etc. What would stop us from simply calling them "incense" and "personal incense burners". As long as we could still acquire SAFE AND RELIABLE nicotine then we may be able to go on as normal. Would it be a bad idea that small ejuice companies and modders start trying to rebrand themselves in the shadow of eventual heavy taxation and regulation? I think that would work quite well, it has for the new designer drug industry any way. If an 18 year old can go into a gas station and get substances that closely mirror actual scheduled narcotics due to the fact they are sold as "plant food, incense and bath salts" then why on earth should we have problems getting the supplies we need?

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York

This is what you really don't want, big Pharma has always been our enemy. Not to mention I don't really want a 6 or even 7 figure a year chemist making our juice with the company behind them pushing for more dollar signs. Very easy to disguise chemically infused by-products to make e-juice more addictive.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have no doubt that the chinese will continue as normal despite the FDA, and that is what I am hoping we do for ourselves. So what if they tax "mods", "e-juice,liquid" etc. What would stop us from simply calling them "incense" and "personal incense burners". As long as we could still acquire SAFE AND RELIABLE nicotine then we may be able to go on as normal. Would it be a bad idea that small ejuice companies and modders start trying to rebrand themselves in the shadow of eventual heavy taxation and regulation? I think that would work quite well, it has for the new designer drug industry any way. If an 18 year old can go into a gas station and get substances that closely mirror actual scheduled narcotics due to the fact they are sold as "plant food, incense and bath salts" then why on earth should we have problems getting the supplies we need?

tomsa, you need to read more here and be better prepared. Visit the e-liquid section and learn all about how they work.

We Have SEVERAL good SAFE and RELIABLE Nicotine Suppliers in the U.S. like Wizard Labs -

Description: Wizard Labs is an FDA registered facility located in Central Florida, USA, specializing in organic Nicotine extracts, Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, labware, concentrated liquid flavorings and enhancers …

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I wonder if there would be regulations on 0mg juice? If not then really the change would be - for me - buying nic pre regulations and add it to the 0mg to make it 6mg?

That could very well be a loophole I think. Thoughts?

Just one - Order Now:)
I'm down to 3mg(from 18mg) and have myself covered until I check out........and probably some left for my eldest son.

tomsa34

Moved On
Jul 29, 2014
JAcksonville, Fl
Crexess, I am not speaking about currently. I am quite aware there are a plethora of safe and reliable nicotine sources both in the US and overseas. I am referring to the possibility that the FDA makes nicotine much harder or impossible to get. I could see a possible ban on nicotine (not on ecigs as a whole as has already been stated) and that is what I am referencing when talking about "unsafe or bathtub" nicotine. Sorry if I was misunderstood, thank you for your concerns though

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden

This is what you really don't want, big Pharma has always been our enemy. Not to mention I don't really want a 6 or even 7 figure a year chemist making our juice with the company behind them pushing for more dollar signs. Very easy to disguise chemically infused by-products to make e-juice more addictive.

If pfizer and the like get involved I can see some seriously bad stuff being put into our juices, good call Jmarca

Yea, the big pharma doesn't care at all for the juice to being "safe" They just want it either banned or get it labeled as medicine (as they're doing in sweden now. Because "it can be" used for medical therapy. ) They don't care about juice without the nicotine atleast not around here. So that just shows that all they care about is the competition versus their own products which is less good and effective as e juice.

And if they were to controll the market i'm pretty sure they would add atleast a dozens of other chemicals just to get us more hooked on eciggs. Just like they're doing with cigarettes AND gum, Nicorette inhalator. They've even added a super toxic chemical in nicorettes inhalator for no reason at all.
Propylene glycol
Anhydrous ethanol
Trometamol
Poloxamer 407
Glycerol
Sodium hydrogen carbonate
Levomenthol
Mint flavour
Cooling flavour
Sucralose
Acesulfame potassium
Hydrochloric acid <- what?
Purified water

So i can see that they will propably add extra stuff in the e juice aswell. And if the big pharma doesn't do it, the BT will.
They want us hooked to this so they can get more money from us. The goverments goal isn't to let us quit smoking, quite the opposite. They want us to smoke, because they're getting tons of money from us.

But in the end smokers costs alot of more, when including medical care for diseases coming from smoking. So yea...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Crexess, I am not speaking about currently. I am quite aware there are a plethora of safe and reliable nicotine sources both in the US and overseas. I am referring to the possibility that the FDA makes nicotine much harder or impossible to get. I could see a possible ban on nicotine (not on ecigs as a whole as has already been stated) and that is what I am referencing when talking about "unsafe or bathtub" nicotine. Sorry if I was misunderstood, thank you for your concerns though

You missed my point.......

They are an FDA Approved facility. Nic isn't going anywhere. The rules may change and we may need to adjust but it isn't going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread