The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Convince Me Which Mod To Buy

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by darkmonk, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dogsbody

Dogsbody Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia
    :shock: wow, that sure is an impressive collection! Now I don't have to worry about being a little obsessive, I am such an amateur!

2. dinium

dinium Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    You're not that far behind! ;-)

Anyone bought anything from Super T Manufacturing and got it shipped to Aus?

I'm loving the new Precise :wub: - see their post on these forums at e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/79881-precises-here.html (you'll need to cut and paste as I'm under 15 posts).

There's something about their button switch (rotate the button a 1/4 turn to lock it) that makes so much sense. There's a couple youtube vids on their other models if you haven't seen switch in action (search for Super T Manufacturing).

3. gizmo

gizmo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Australia
    Aye..been using an S6 for the last month,never leaves my side,David really is a master in his trade.

The locking button was on the T1 but not used on the S6...didn't know he introduced it again on the Precise.

4. MrDismal

MrDismal Moderator ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    I never wanted a mod. Now I do. Any recommendations? :p

5. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    ooooer... I'd better double check. You've got me worried now!

3.7v or 5v?

If it's the former, the Puresmoker Protege (and matching bypass) and the Super T Marketing Precise (depending on the switch) are the two I'm ordering.

6. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia

Ive got a chameleon from Ikenvape 3.7, 5, passthru, 510, 801, 901, XHV, HV. All the combinations you could ever want :)

7. Dogsbody

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia
    I am loving the Indulgence 5V PT and 6V options. It also has all the adapters to use any atty including the 40x series.
    I would like to get a GG+AFS and try the Juice Box.

It was interesting to read Youtubecomercial's opinion that "they are all different and special in different ways"....

To me they are all just battery housings with the only differences being:

1)different battery size/configuration options
    2)different atty compatibility
    3)Button durability
    4) Aesthetic appeal
    5) Add-on support (pass throughs, cups, etc)
    6) Price
    7) Australian customer support

Based on my logic I chose the Indulgence as the button is rated to 1,000,000+ presses, the most diverse range of atty and battery compatibility. (I use all 4 different atty caps and 5 different types of batteries in it)
    Price and support is good.

It ticked all my boxes.

But the main thing is too find what suits you best. Some people seem happy with one type of atty and battery option.

8. Dogsbody

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia
  9. gizmo

Nov 18, 2008
    Australia
    Dont worry dinium,no need for a locking button,no way it will fire when in the pocket. :)

Pretty sure Puresmoker don't ship to Aust now...bought a DSE901 from them over 12 months now..was short changed one atomizer...never did get it.

Ordered the mini 901 starter kit from ecigscrewdriver last night to get in on the free extra body..mechanical switch is the way to go...

10. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Maybe, but that locking button is uber cool...

Their shopping cart allows Australia as a country selection for delivery, but there's a glitch in the shipping calculation. I've placed an order regardless, so I guess we'll find out when they get power at their new premises :)

Nice! Is that the MKI or the MKII?

11. gizmo

Nov 18, 2008
    Australia
    Mark I but with the mark II button,so I can drop it now & then..which I do & it wont break the button. :D
    Mark II are through TW & TECCS

Gotta figure out how to fit it with a neck chain,attaching below where the att screws in,no more dropping it then.

12. MrDismal

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    I'm liking the chameleon line atm... but all out of stock. So I might wait until they get some more in. Unless I find a better option.

13. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nice! Did it come with MKII button by default, or did you get that as an add-on?

14. Kimmyw

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    Mine arrived thursday... its fantastic!

15. BARENETTED

BARENETTED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2009
    NEW JERSEY, USA
    I respectfully suggest that you all 'Go CHUCK yourself'!;););)
    Mine is purple.:cool::cool::cool:

16. MrDismal

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    Yeah I've heard alto about the chucks... hate the colours/designs tho. Do they come plain chrome?

17. BARENETTED

BARENETTED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2009
    NEW JERSEY, USA
    They come in many colors. You can even design your own with your own graphics. In addition, the guy(Jeff) that makes them is a top notch guy!
    Check them out at thagbuilt.com

18. gizmo

Nov 18, 2008
    Australia
    Yep...the new mech switch is standard on all SD's from Trogs site now.

.......Old type........New type.

19. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    For some reason I thought the Chameleon was 6v - probably the result of watching a late night youtube review after a couple too many.

The standard model looks great!

I read on the Ikenvape site that they get their supplier to send international orders direct from the factory. If this is the case, you might be able to order even though Ikenvape are out of stock.

Kimmy - was yours sent from the US, Netherlands or China?

20. Kimmyw

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    My chameleon was from Ikenvape, pm him and get him to let you know when they are in, and yes they are 6v, pass thru is 5v. sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.