Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Is it the standard Macallan or the "Fine Oak"?

Standard. I opened it and tried a little. I'm not familiar with too many kinds of distilled spirits and would take a beer over water any day. I use to say I haven't found any hard stuff that I liked until the day I tried Jameson's Irish Whiskey. :toast: Over the past few years that was the only distilled spirits I bought.

Recently I tried some cognac and it didn't do much for me and then tried some Johnnie Walker Black(blended scotch) and thought it sucked. I don't think the peat smoke agrees with me but thought I'd try a different scotch(single malt.) I must say the Macallan picks up some distinct flavors from the sherry oak cask with a little smoke to go along. The jury is still out. Any suggestions for the next bottle?

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Have fun Tiff. If alcohols involved have one for me. :lol:

Drott's dog shack on the move.

Probably no alcohol, just quiet time with hubby. We got a gift certificate for Ruby Tuesday's for Christmas so we're going there to eat then back home. Yep, we're partiers here. :laugh:

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Standard. I opened it and tried a little. I'm not familiar with too many kinds of distilled spirits and would take a beer over water any day. I use to say I haven't found any hard stuff that I liked until the day I tried Jameson's Irish Whiskey. :toast: Over the past few years that was the only distilled spirits I bought.

Recently I tried some cognac and it didn't do much for me and then tried some Johnnie Walker Black(blended scotch) and thought it sucked. I don't think the peat smoke agrees with me but thought I'd try a different scotch(single malt.) I must say the Macallan picks up some distinct flavors from the sherry oak cask with a little smoke to go along. The jury is still out. Any suggestions for the next bottle?

Everyone's taste is different. I like Johnnie Walker Black, it's my go-to Scotch in restaurants and bars. The Gold Label is my all time favorite blended Scotch whisky. If you like less peat and more top notes, you might really love Highland Park. I adore the stuff, and I also find a lot of peat off-putting. Avoid the Islay distilleries, as they are known for their strong peat notes. You might also try Oban or Glenmorangie. Both are good Highland producers.

I wish I had enough money to try more, learn more, and indulge my love of good Scotch!

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Both!

And just to be sure to kill the thread, here are some chick pics. Pardon the quality, it's freaking cold out there!

Zulu
2xpu3snm.jpg

Spud, not happy with the wind messing up her hair:
tq3w5c2m.jpg

The Roo Crew:
Co5hd6dl.jpg

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Just make 3 pounds of bacon...Who needs anything else? I ate a pound all by myself the other day...Have a beer and Bacon..
The Indian chick and I are working on the Super Bowl bar food menu. Finalists so far are:

Bacon-jalapeno nachos
Baguettes and Pizza dip

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
What's wrong with Trucky?
I look up and it's almost 11. Just another busy day. I am getting more hours but they are making me WORK for it. The day shift guy said he is done with these hours soon, I'm really hoping it won't adversely effect me.
Mrs G is at her parents house because my niece has her birthday party tomorrow. I don't handle 48+ hours of no sleep well so they are there.
James, we actually just got our second beta fish. The first ones name was fishy, this one is bluey. She named our truck too, wanna guess??????? It is Trucky. She is so creative... before that we always mean fish... Oscars, green terrors, devil fish, if they didn't eat fish we didn't want them. And then they started breeding. Super mean fish breeding are something like the devil in a fish tank. You couldn't even walk by without them trying to attack you. Well back to work...
Happy (everyone else but me and nogrin) weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread