Status
Not open for further replies.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
I will give a second recommendation for the Gorge. I own 2 an it has become my preferred rda to run on Mechs.

Easy to build on, nice juice well, and for me the airflow is just right.
OK then, one Gorge ordered. That gift certificate was burning a hole in my virtual pocket. Besides, over the last 5 years I've collected a nice assortment of those metric Allen wrenches with handles but barely get to use them now since the rda makers are resorting back to Phillips and slotted. I love me some grub screws so score one for the Gorge.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
BTW magic mist, if you are the same from the bonkers thread 'over there', shoot me a pm and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. I have something that might interest you.

You'll need to check over there where we're bonkers. :)

I will give a second recommendation for the Gorge. I own 2 an it has become my preferred RDA to run on Mechs.

*Rubbing chin and scratching beard with a perplexed look ...* Hm, it reads/sounds like it might come along and bump the Goons I use continually on my brass CV. "This bodes not well. There will be blood, there will be death." -- ShadowMadness

Got a Gorge en route, I'm a figuring it ought to be here next Tuesday at the latest and tomorrow by the earliest. FastTech has already bounced it Stateside, it's up in NY last time I checked, probably made it to our local Post today but needs set out for delivery. A good friend pointed me to the Goons, they are quite nice. Like him though I remain open to trying something new. The Gorge to me seems similar in a way to the Narda, and I like the Narda. :)

ETA: Checked the shipping number. FT split the order & the Gorge is still in the Mainland China. The other part of the order though hit Charleston, WV today a quarter til 15:00 EST. It'll be in tomorrow's mail. :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Also, well over a year, and they're still calling it "stainless steel"...
Just noticed that the CV is on Sale at FT.

$26.32 Coppervape BF 18650 Mechanical Mod - authentic / stainless steel / 1*18650 / w/ 10ml dropper bottle at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Almost Doesn't seem right that for 20 Bucks you can get a Great Squonk Mod.

:D

Odd little thing.

Click that link and its 19.74. Poke around the site and its 26 bucks. Close site and re-click link and its 19 bucks. Ad to cart and it stays 19.

Reactions: TraderX

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Odd little thing.

Click that link and its 19.74. Poke around the site and its 26 bucks. Close site and re-click link and its 19 bucks. Ad to cart and it stays 19.

Yeah... The Link I posted was from the Weekly Deal section.

But if you just do a Site Search, you just get the Regular Listing.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That was posted at midnight EST today (Monday) so I would guess good til the same time next week.

Shame the don't say outright.

Yeah... an "Offer Expires on _______" would be a Useful piece of Information. Especially for a Site that Caters to Many Nations and Time Zones.

LOL

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
been following this thread as i've developed an appetite for squonkers of late.
the deal on FT sealed it for me. it's been ordered along with 2 spare bottles. weird thing...i view FT with the currency set to £. when i clicked on the deal link it flashed up $19.74 and then flipped to £0! not complaining that i got it for the $19.74 rather than £0 ;)
another squonker incoming, then. excellent.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I assemble the Switch in a slightly Different order then some, but it works Best for Me.

I put the 510 Pin/Insulator in 1st. Holding it in place by putting an Atomizer in the 510 threading. Then I put the Disk Insulator on the Bottle side of the 510 Pin.

Now I put the Contact Screw in the Long Side of the Transfer Bar/Spring and it is held in place by that Little Black O-Ring.

5904201-2.jpg

Then I place the 2nd Disk Insulator over the Switch Side Hole and put the Transfer Bar/Contact Screw assembly on the Bottle Side of the 510 Pin. Then I screw on the Bottle till it is just Finger Tight.

To get the Contact Screw centered on the Switch Hole, so you can start threading the Fire Button onto the Contact Screw, you need to Push Down on the transfer bar hump slightly. Now you can screw on the Fire Button on a few times which will hold Everything in place.

Now Turn the Fire Button until the Line on it is Parallel with the Long Side of the Mod's Top Half. And then Gently Push the Fire Button all the way Down.

Now snug up the Contact Screw with a Flat Screw Driver.

At this point everything is Basically Assembled. But Not fully tightened. And you can test the Fire Button throw. And the Fire On/Off.

If everything feels Good, then Remove the Atomizer from the 510 Threading and with a Small Flat Screw Driver, GENTLY Tighten the 510 Pin while holding the Bottle. The 510 Pin Doesn't need to be Super Tight. Just Snug.

Now do the Same Thing for the Contact Screw. Tighten it till it feels Snug. And you feel that Black O-Ring Compressing. It Doesn't need to be Super Tight.

Give it one last Fire - On/Off Check and you should be Good To Go.

Hope this Helps. And if it does, you could Copy n' Past it to something Printable, then print it out and stick a copy of it in your Coppervape Box for future reference.
I just cleaned my Coppervape mod yesterday literally with soap & water dried it throughly & rubbed Deoxit all over & rubbed it in. Used cotton swab for the contact holes.

Assembled with your step by step instructions.

Put my Gaia bf rdta with .33 ohm Juggernaut coils from Geekvape & it’s hitting really weak with a fresh Sony Vtc 5a Battery help! What am I doing wrong?

Should I try a single coil atty & try for .20 ohms or? :cry:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Put my Gaia bf rdta with .33 ohm Juggernaut coils from Geekvape & it’s hitting really weak with a fresh Sony Vtc 5a Battery help! What am I doing wrong?

Should I try a single coil atty & try for .20 ohms or? :cry:

You might not be doing Anything wrong.

IMO, a Single Battery Mech has a hard time driving many Multi-Wire Dual Coils. If you are want to run Dual Coils, I go with Regular Single Wire Coils first.

Mooch posted that the Sony VTC5A was a Good 25 Amp CDR Battery.

Sony VTC5A 2500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...a fantastic 25A battery!

So 4.1 Volts / 25 Amps = 0.17 Ohms.

I would think that you should be able to run a Build down to 0.18 Ohms and not have any problems.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
You might not be doing Anything wrong.

IMO, a Single Battery Mech has a hard time driving many Multi-Wire Dual Coils. If you are want to run Dual Coils, I go with Regular Single Wire Coils first.
I agree.I run a dual coil setup on all my mechs,but i run single wire coils,3mm SS316 at 7 wraps and gets me .2 ohms and i get excellent power from those,but i tried a set of claptons and the power was just not there for me,it was no comparison to my normal dual coil setup.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Thanks @zoiDman & @b.m. :) That’s what I was hoping, that a single coil would be more efficient.

The Juggernaut wire/coil is really thin so I thought although it is dual coil it wouldn’t take that much amperage to fire it up.

I’ll try @b.m. suggestion above but if it still fires weakly I’ll switch to a single coil around .20 ohm.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks @zoiDman & @b.m. :) That’s what I was hoping, that a single coil would be more efficient.

The Juggernaut wire/coil is really thin so I thought although it is dual coil it wouldn’t take that much amperage to fire it up.

I’ll try @b.m. suggestion above but if it still fires weakly I’ll switch to a single coil around .20 ohm.

I forgot to mention it in the last post,but i run 26g SS,so if you use a different gauge or different wire,it may take a different number of wraps,but that wire at 7 wraps gives me an excellent vape all the way down to about 1/4 charge left on the battery.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Sounds like a Plan.

BTW - This is a Very Handy item for anyone who uses a Mech Mod.

https://www.vaporkings.com/Inline-mech-mod-voltage-tester-p/mod-volttest.htm

Don't know if this one is a good or not? But the reviews look Positive.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I forgot to mention it in the last post,but i run 26g SS,so if you use a different gauge or different wire,it may take a different number of wraps,but that wire at 7 wraps gives me an excellent vape all the way down to about 1/4 charge left on the battery.
Thanks I was going to ask you what gauge but I thought to myself it’s probably 26g & lo & behold it is :headbang: thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread