Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Okay, so I'm thinking that I'm liking what I'm hearing about using Koh Gen Do cotton for wicking.

The problem is that I can't find any available that will ship to Canada. What I can find is this:

The Makeup Facial Cotton - Shiseido | Sephora

Does anyone have any experience with this product (for wicking) and/or know if it's a suitable alternative while the world's supply of KGD regenerates?

Domo arigato gozaima....a in advance.

<edit> heh, my japanese got sensored

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Okay, so I'm thinking that I'm liking what I'm hearing about using Koh Gen Do cotton for wicking.

The problem is that I can't find any available that will ship to Canada. What I can find is this:

The Makeup Facial Cotton - Shiseido | Sephora

Does anyone have any experience with this product (for wicking) and/or know if it's a suitable alternative while the world's supply of KGD regenerates?

Domo arigato gozaima....a in advance.

<edit> heh, my japanese got sensored

I hear that shisheido and muji are the same as KGD :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hmmm do they not have a Sephora on Vancouver? First search result on google, and if we have one in Saskatoon, there must be one in Vancouver.
Unless I'm confused on what KGD is..

Yep, they have them in Vancity (although I'm NOT looking forward to going into one to get some :blink:), but they're claiming they've never heard of KGD (as an entire cosmetic line, let alone with respect to the cotton pads). The only cotton they stock is the Shiseido and suggest that the KGD is an online/US thing. I tried 3 stores.

If your Saskatoon store carries it, let me know and I'll drive out :D

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Oh, and as for not looking forward to going into the Sephora store, I would suggest that the ladies who work there are quite attractive. If you're still hesitant, you could stand outside the store, approach a few women walking into the store and ask them if you could give them money to buy you some cotton. Then walk around the outside of the store whistling and acting innocent while you wait on them to bring you the stuff. Be warned, however, that it will come out, not in a plain brown paper bag, but in a flashy, girly little shopping bag with little ribbon handles and "SEPHORA" boldly emblazoned on it in a pink feminine font.

Man up and boldly march in there...or make your wife do it like I did.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Oh, and as for not looking forward to going into the Sephora store, I would suggest that the ladies who work there are quite attractive. If you're still hesitant, you could stand outside the store, approach a few women walking into the store and ask them if you could give them money to buy you some cotton. Then walk around the outside of the store whistling and acting innocent while you wait on them to bring you the stuff. Be warned, however, that it will come out, not in a plain brown paper bag, but in a flashy, girly little shopping bag with little ribbon handles and "SEPHORA" boldly emblazoned on it in a pink feminine font.

Man up and boldly march in there...or make your wife do it like I did.

This is Vancouver. They won't bat an eye at a dude in a make-up store (we're the San Francisco of Canada).

I would, however, get pepper sprayed in a heartbeat if I lurked outside.

The wife option feels most promising, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread