Travel and Vaping Coulda sold a dozen kits at the airport today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Today was unbelievable.

I was at the airport early this morning (Houston Intercontinental) for a flight to Omaha. I got my coffee, and went to the smoking area to vape with my coffee. One guy noticed my burgandy NPRO, and asked what it was.

Then it all started. I had about 30 people around me asking questions. Absolutely *no one* had heard of an e-cig. Everyone was amazed and wanted one. I heard ooh's and ahhh's when I blew out a cloud of vapor.

Then I broke the bad news to them about the FDA announcement on Tuedsay. I swear, there was almost a riot. Everyone, including passengers, flight attendants, TSA screeners, and 2 pilots started bad mouthing the FDA.

4 people wanted to by my NPRO on the spot, as is. I could have sold a dozen at least.

Anyway, they all received full information about the forum, and suppliers. They'll all be watching the news on Tuesday.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
That's the one thing I hate about spreading the gospel, having to give the bad news that they'll most likely be banned. When I was in Houston back in March (for the rodeo) I had numerous people that were really excited to learn about ecigs and they were equally upset, and some even disheartened, when I warned of a possible ban. Still, though, the more we tell folks about them, the better. Kudos to you :)

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
OK Jim,
I almost live in IAH like you and have been to ALL the 1'st class lounges. Please tell me you went to the 'outside' smoking area and there isn't one I've missed in one of the terminals. No tell me, rather fell stupid and find a hidden room in the commercial terminals.
Sorry to go off topic, can't wait to see the reactions i get flying back to Nigeria, you would think they would sell e-cig's somewhere in Schiphol or CDG but none two weeks ago, now i suppose never. I'd like to do something like the Kool-Aid test's with ecigs, any Marry Pranksters out there to $ give aways? Or are smokers so able to be discriminated against now that it won't matter.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
OK Jim,
I almost live in IAH like you and have been to ALL the 1'st class lounges. Please tell me you went to the 'outside' smoking area and there isn't one I've missed in one of the terminals. No tell me, rather fell stupid and find a hidden room in the commercial terminals.
Sorry to go off topic, can't wait to see the reactions i get flying back to Nigeria, you would think they would sell e-cig's somewhere in Schiphol or CDG but none two weeks ago, now i suppose never. I'd like to do something like the Kool-Aid test's with ecigs, any Marry Pranksters out there to $ give aways? Or are smokers so able to be discriminated against now that it won't matter.

I was outside. No smoking at all inside.

When do you plan on going back?

tobaccohater

Moved On
Apr 7, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread