• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Crazy Ego Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
can someone else make that? again as i said i am way to lazy, this is why i never got into construction work only demolition LOL, either way i hope you get the situation fixed

It would involve a mercury switch with a deeply concave center. Tilt your head and get a vape! Fall asleep in your chair and burn up the carto ...

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
You can disassemble an eGo if they don't require you to return it for warranty credit (check first) but it involves removing the threaded end, which is pressed into the top. If you remove the threaded end (the best way), you may have to find a pipe fitting that matches the thread size of the cone threads and use a pipe nipple with the female adapter that fits the cone threads. Use the pipe as a lever to wiggle it until the cement gives away. The electronics are attached to the end cap and the battery is soldered via wires and will come out with the threaded end cap along with a couple of pieces of foam padding that keeps the battery from banging around inside.

There's little way to repair it unless you can get the parts. batteries are consumables and if you are lucky, you supplier will honor a 30 day battery guarantee.

Interesting & complex....I love taking things apart! The problem is putting them back together :) I think I will leave this to the more knowledgeable. It is unfortunate the inside battery isn`t more accessible for replacement on these units.

Thanks again, at least I have an understanding of the workings and this thread has been very informative. I will get it sorted out.

Now for Constantine`s issue......if I ever design something, in tribute, it will be named `Lazy Vape`:D

curlyballs

Feb 3, 2012
Canada
This happened with one of my batteries from my first EGO-T kit. One day it just decided to start firing on it's own...until the 10 second shutdown. Now it's a paper weight.

Other battery lost the positive connection because the seal degraded around the center post. Another paper weight.

Bought a knock off ego from canvape(green sound?) as a spare, around the time my ego-t batteries were still working. Was adjusting a clearomizer on the battery and the whole thing pulled apart, wrecking the wire connections. Tried to solder it back together but now it's another paper weight.

Now I have two ego-c passthroughs and they've been OK, but only time will tell.

Getting sick of cheap Chinese technology. Three batteries in under 5 months isn't cool.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
This happened with one of my batteries from my first EGO-T kit. One day it just decided to start firing on it's own...until the 10 second shutdown. Now it's a paper weight.

Other battery lost the positive connection because the seal degraded around the center post. Another paper weight.

Bought a knock off ego from canvape(green sound?) as a spare, around the time my ego-t batteries were still working. Was adjusting a clearomizer on the battery and the whole thing pulled apart, wrecking the wire connections. Tried to solder it back together but now it's another paper weight.

Now I have two ego-c passthroughs and they've been OK, but only time will tell.

Getting sick of cheap Chinese technology. Three batteries in under 5 months isn't cool.

Sounds like you had some bad luck with batteries! I'm not alone! I don't think it's fair to comment on all Chinese technology, some of it is ok :) But with anything, there is always junk. Maybe someone on the production line was having a bad day and we pay for it. :/

I hope better luck continues with the passthroughs for you.

I contacted the company and they are willing to look at my battery. I am learning to keep records of when and where something is purchased, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread