Creating nicotine-free liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam McArthur

Feb 1, 2016
I'm very keen to start making my own liquids for vaping. I'm not too bothered about them containing nicotine since I've been using some nicotine-free liquids that I've bought from various shops and I quite enjoy them.

I've bought 1l of Vegetable Glycerine Glycerol and 1l of Mono Propylene Glycol, as well as 50ml of candyfloss flavouring. Is water a necessary ingredient when creating liquids? Initially I was going to create a 30/70 MG to VG mix with 10% flavoring but I keep seeing mentions of having to use water? Any useful links/guidance would be much appreciated :)

Reactions: BrotherBob

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi mate and welcome,
If I have PG and/or PG based flavours, the mix seems to be just fine with no water.
But, finding what works for you is where the fun lies.

What mixing calculator are you using?
I am a huge fan of: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Find a few SIMPLE (one -three item) recipes and follow them.
Take copious notes and strive to be as consistent as possible.

Cheers
I

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Some people used distilled water (measured in drops) to thin VG heavy liquids. A tiny amount goes a long way. At 70/30 you are in the cusp of a thicker liquid. Remember most flavorings are PG based and will thin your VG, too. You could add 1 drop of DW per 10ml of mix if you get everything together and it requires thinning and increase DW if necessary.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Water is not necessarily needed in most eliquid mixes. It's nice to have if needed though. Do not use tap water. Distilled at best, bottled if last resort.
If you use PG in your mix, you shouldn't need water at all IMHO.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread