Not open for further replies.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Howdy mamu,

Quick question here about the DNA20 chips. I wired mine in the way it's supposed to be, but I can't get it to see attys with the horn style switch, only with the onboard switch (which I recently 'disabled'). The onboard switch did just fine. What am I missing here? Thanks. I get a "tone" from the meter on the solder joints coming from the switch.

Last edited:

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Awesome looking mods! What buttons are the little domed ones please.

Part # KSJ0M21180SHLFT - several electronic sites have it in stock (I buy at arrow.com).

Howdy mamu,

Quick question here about the DNA20 chips. I wired mine in the way it's supposed to be, but I can't get it to see attys with the horn style switch, only with the onboard switch (which I recently 'disabled'). The onboard switch did just fine. What am I missing here? Thanks. I get a "tone" from the meter on the solder joints coming from the switch.

Not sure, but the switch itself may be DOA.

I just bought received 4 of the nano-tech batteries from Turnigy. I'm assuming the wrapping indicates the positive and negative sides on the battery (red and black on either end).

Mamu, did you wire the batteries in parallel, connected to 2 fuses, similar to your Milo build?

Yes, wired in parallel and added fuses just like with Milo.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
To be in compliance with ECF's policy on modding and the practice of modding, I will no longer share my modding knowledge, or share modding tutorials here at ECF.

You all know where you can find me.
Mamu

FOLLOWING ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY BE DANGEROUS AND IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Modders Advice and Tutorials: Hazards, Warnings, and Rules for Posting
Some members post advice and tutorials on making custom variations of ecigarettes, otherwise known as 'modding', to create 'mods'. Please be advised that these Members do so at their own risk, and following their instructions is also at your own risk.

If not done properly, modding can be dangerous and cause injury should these devices short circuit and explode. For example, only double-protected rechargeable batteries must be used.

ECF does not approve or condone the use of mods or the practice of modding or the following of instructions here by any person. ECF is not advocating the use of instructions posted by any Member. Anyone that chooses to follow any information or instructions contained in Member posts does so at their own risk. ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that it deems to be dangerous but cannot guarantee or confirm in any way that we have removed all (or any) such posts.

Guidelines for Tutorials
Tutorials must advocate safety and should employ the use of protected batteries, switches correctly rated for the expected DC current, lead free solider, properly-gauged wiring, and non-excessive amperages.ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that do not adhere to these rules.

Caution
If you decide to try any Modding, either seen here or devised by yourself, consider carefully if you have the technical skill, and the risks involved. You are strongly advised to take all precautionary measures and be prepared for possible battery shorts or any other issues. You should consider wearing protective equipment such as eyeshields.

Disclaimer
Any information contained in this Forum is acted on at the user's own risk.ECF cannot be held responsible for individuals causing injury or even death to themselves or others by following information in this Forum.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Thread closed as per OP request

The disclaimer has been in place for several years - nothing new

Every member or guest accessing this forum for the first time see the disclaimer and have the choice to close the notice.
Once they close the notice - it is no longer accessible for view.

FOLLOWING ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY BE DANGEROUS AND IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
Modders Advice and Tutorials: Hazards, Warnings, and Rules for Posting
Some members post advice and tutorials on making custom variations of ecigarettes, otherwise known as 'modding', to create 'mods'. Please be advised that these Members do so at their own risk, and following their instructions is also at your own risk.

If not done properly, modding can be dangerous and cause injury should these devices short circuit and explode. For example, only double-protected rechargeable batteries must be used.

ECF does not approve or condone the use of mods or the practice of modding or the following of instructions here by any person. ECF is not advocating the use of instructions posted by any Member. Anyone that chooses to follow any information or instructions contained in Member posts does so at their own risk. ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that it deems to be dangerous but cannot guarantee or confirm in any way that we have removed all (or any) such posts.

Guidelines for Tutorials
Tutorials must advocate safety and should employ the use of protected batteries, switches correctly rated for the expected DC current, lead free solider, properly-gauged wiring, and non-excessive amperages.ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that do not adhere to these rules.

Caution
If you decide to try any Modding, either seen here or devised by yourself, consider carefully if you have the technical skill, and the risks involved. You are strongly advised to take all precautionary measures and be prepared for possible battery shorts or any other issues. You should consider wearing protective equipment such as eyeshields.

Disclaimer
Any information contained in this Forum is acted on at the user's own risk.ECF cannot be held responsible for individuals causing injury or even death to themselves or others by following information in this Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread