Crucial diifference between Blu Uk and Blu US. Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay2

Nov 24, 2014
England
Hi,

This is actually a really serious issue for UK vapers, whether legal or not.

Like 'em or loathe them, Blu are renowned for providing 100% VG product. As many vapers (self included) are allegic to PG, it matters to be able to trust this. I recently went to the Blu UK webssite, to make an order, tried to check ingredients just to be absolutely sure. Couldn't find that info , shrugged and ordered anyway. It was not until I read the packaging that I realised that they contain PG.

The ingredients are given on their website , btw, just not very salient (when are they ever?)

I have had quite a long dialogue with Blu about this. They have agreed to a full refund, but I'm otherwise not happy with their responses, as it is far too easy for other vapers to make the same mistake, and never realise it. Their last response was very telling:

"we would just like to confirm that blu US and blu UK are two separate companies, although we are owned by the same company Lorillard. Due to us being separate companies we sell two completely different products and operate separately. Apologies if we can't help you any further with the website issue you've experienced with blu USA."

This fully explains why my mistake occured. Most of the info. re. Blu comes from American Sources. Bad enough that a different product should be marketed under the same name, but this compounded by the fact that ever linkor banner ad I click for Blu regardless of source, automstically directs to Blu UK. I am unable to even visit the US site, to check on the info given. Have tried and tried, given up. (As I told them. hence their remark about "website difficulties")

Thus people will read reviews of this 100% VG e cig, click on the associated link, and wind up at the Blu UK website, which sells PG-based products. I think I was probably a rare case, inasmuch as I actually did try to check.

I can't believe that all this doesn't contavene some kind of law. If it doesn't, it damned well should.

jay

PS. I also think we need to post a warning about this in a very salient place where VG users will see it.I expct there's a forum rule re. cross-posting to improve salience? But in this case it would surely be jusified?

Last edited:

Jay2

Nov 24, 2014
England
US BLU e-juice is mostly PG also...

Are you sure? :confused:

Not only have I read on various US sites that Blu is pure VG, Blu actually said in a mail to me , a few days ago, that the US juice is pure VG, but not the UK one. They went on to say theirs had never been VG, and to speculate that i got my info from an US site (which was probably true) . So there's a lot of info contradicting what you say.

[EDIT: Oh! And there's THIS post here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-johnson-creek-no-longer-supplying-juice.html which says that Blu USA recently started adding PG to some of their products, which were previously pure VG, due to breaking with JC as supplier.That's not the same as "mostly PG" ...is it? And it's very recent change, so would not affect most existing reviews

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Are you sure? :confused:

Not only have I read on various US sites that Blu is pure VG, Blu actually said in a mail to me , a few days ago, that the US juice is pure VG, but not the UK one. They went on to say theirs had never been VG, and to speculate that i got my info from an US site (which was probably true) . So there's a lot of info contradicting what you say.

[EDIT: Oh! And there's THIS post here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-johnson-creek-no-longer-supplying-juice.html which says that Blu USA recently started adding PG to some of their products, which were previously pure VG, due to breaking with JC as supplier.That's not the same as "mostly PG" ...is it? And it's very recent change, so would not affect most existing reviews

The PLUS tanks I recently bought have PG listed in the ingredients. They way they vape they are greater than 50% PG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread