CTHULHU mod HASTUR MTL RTA MINI

EHPRO True MTL RTA

Berserker V1.5 Styled MTL RTA

COILART SALT 18MM RTA

ULTON Tripod Style 316SS 22mm RTA

SILVERPLAY 24MM MULTI AIRFLOW RTA

SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA

and maybe the kayfun lite 2019...

I ended up getting a Silverplay (haven't actually built it yet but would like to hear any feedback)

Now I'm looking for another one and found these two:

3CVAPE SAVOUR 22MM MTL RTA

HugsVape Chalice MTL RTA

Any opinions on these? My original second choice was the Ehpro True.
I had to pass on several on my list because I want more airflow than they offer (like the Berserker)

Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
If you're looking for the most airy @vaper1960, I'd say it would be the X or the Tripod. But with the Tripod you'd have more control over the airflow, I mean a lot more.

As it comes with 3 MTL airflow inserts, MTL chamber reducer and if you get the extension kit a wide bore DTL chimney and a narrow bore MTL chimney. And there's an airflow control ring as well.

But never used a Tripod setup for MTL, so it may well be worth asking around for ideas and opinions.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Im using two Savours right now.
One modified and one stock standard.
Im returning to mtl, I think.
The modified one has everything drilled out as much as possible and it is a rdl or extremely loose mtl but the thing Im finding is that the stock Savour even with the smallest hole deck insert is quite airy.
I like the savour mtl, the coil art salt can be tighter but if you look at the deck and design they are basically the same thing and can be made to function really similar.
I do have a soft spot for the Savour MTL but a slightly modified Berserker is my favourite. The modded Berserker isnt super airy, it cant be made to be, I destroyed 2 trying but it can be made to be less tight and a bit cooler to vape.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I had posted before about MTL RTAs and came up with this wishlist:

GEEK VAPE AMMIT 24MM MTL RTA

Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled RTA

INNOKIN ARES 24MM MTL RTA

Fumytech Rose MTL RTA

CTHULHU MOD HASTUR MTL RTA MINI

EHPRO True MTL RTA

Berserker V1.5 Styled MTL RTA

COILART SALT 18MM RTA

ULTON Tripod Style 316SS 22mm RTA

SILVERPLAY 24MM MULTI AIRFLOW RTA

SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA

and maybe the kayfun lite 2019...

I ended up getting a Silverplay (haven't actually built it yet but would like to hear any feedback)

Now I'm looking for another one and found these two:

3CVAPE SAVOUR 22MM MTL RTA

HugsVape Chalice MTL RTA

Any opinions on these? My original second choice was the Ehpro True.
    I had to pass on several on my list because I want more airflow than they offer (like the Berserker)

The Project X will get a bit more air flowing for you as well, gets my:thumbs::thumbs: thumbs up!

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Im using two Savours right now.
    One modified and one stock standard.
    Im returning to mtl, I think.
    The modified one has everything drilled out as much as possible and it is a rdl or extremely loose mtl but the thing Im finding is that the stock Savour even with the smallest hole deck insert is quite airy.
    I like the savour mtl, the coil art salt can be tighter but if you look at the deck and design they are basically the same thing and can be made to function really similar.
    I do have a soft spot for the Savour MTL but a slightly modified Berserker is my favourite. The modded Berserker isnt super airy, it cant be made to be, I destroyed 2 trying but it can be made to be less tight and a bit cooler to vape.
    I have a little Innokin Prism S tank (drop-in coils) and it only has 2 tiny air holes... Drilled one out (or it would have ended up in the trash) I even considered getting the Berserker and drilling it out. I found a real good deal on the Savour and the Chalice (I was just looking for wire/coils and noticed good selection of clearance stuff)

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    I have a little Innokin Prism S tank (drop-in coils) and it only has 2 tiny air holes... Drilled one out (or it would have ended up in the trash) I even considered getting the Berserker and drilling it out. I found a real good deal on the Savour and the Chalice (I was just looking for wire/coils and noticed good selection of clearance stuff)
    If I may, where did you find the Chalice?

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2018
    I'm looking for a new RTA, too. My first (and only) RTA is a Hastur Mini MTL I bought several months ago. The airflow adjustment ring has become impossible to turn, and it never has given me much flavor. I also have a Geek Vape Ammit MTL RDA that I bought on sale for $5. I have never been able to use without going into a coughing fit, because the vapor is too strong.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I'm looking for a new RTA, too. My first (and only) RTA is a Hastur Mini MTL I bought several months ago. The airflow adjustment ring has become impossible to turn, and it never has given me much flavor. I also have a Geek Vape Ammit MTL RDA that I bought on sale for $5. I have never been able to use without going into a coughing fit, because the vapor is too strong.

I've got the Hastur Mini MTL and I like it. It's a good tank, but I like others more. I haven't had problems with the afc at all. Have you tried wearing dish-washing gloves when you adjust the afc or unscrew the base?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

As I mentioned in this thread the Project X is a very good RTA, there's another big thread dedicated to this tank in the RTA section.
    $18.22 Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 316 stainless steel + PEI / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    But my number one RTA is the Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA.
    Awesome Tank, very easy to maintain;)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    As I mentioned in this thread the Project X is a very good RTA, there's another big thread dedicated to this tank in the RTA section.
    $18.22 Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 316 stainless steel + PEI / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    But my number one RTA is the Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA.
    Awesome Tank, very easy to maintain;)

I am very curious about the Brunhilde MTL. It looks like it would be a great vape, but the coil kinda freaks me out. Can you buy the coils already built? Do you know if making the coils yourself is difficult? I build MTL coils all the time, but I've never seen any coils like the Brunhilde.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I am very curious about the Brunhilde MTL. It looks like it would be a great vape, but the coil kinda freaks me out. Can you buy the coils already built? Do you know if making the coils yourself is difficult? I build MTL coils all the time, but I've never seen any coils like the Brunhilde.

It takes exactly the same coils as any other RTA, just build your coil and slot it in!
    You can buy your premade coils as well, you don't need to get a 'special' coil for Brunhilde.
    It's the easiest RTA to wick as well because of the stainless steel rods running down, so you only need to wick it like an RDA and plonk the cotton on top of the rods that poke through the deck. It wicks great.
    Fantastic vape, big variety of airflow options and Marvelous flavour;)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    It takes exactly the same coils as any other RTA, just build your coil and slot it in!
    You can buy your premade coils as well, you don't need to get a 'special' coil for Brunhilde.
    It's the easiest RTA to wick as well because of the stainless steel rods running down, so you only need to wick it like an RDA and plonk the cotton on top of the rods that poke through the deck. It wicks great.
    Fantastic vape, big variety of airflow options and Marvelous flavour;)

I thought the SS rods were the coil. Don't the SS rods get gunked up with juice? How do you clean them? Do they need to be replaced every so often?

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2018
    I've got the Hastur Mini MTL and I like it. It's a good tank, but I like others more. I haven't had problems with the afc at all. Have you tried wearing dish-washing gloves when you adjust the afc or unscrew the base?
    No, I haven't. I'll try that, thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread